Minimum Wage $25 Per Hour Soon

Noponzi

Rookie
Nov 5, 2011
Trade unions in Switzerland claim they have collected enough signatures to force a referendum on a proposal to introduce a minimum wage of 22 Swiss francs ($25) an hour.

That is about twice the minimum wage of 9 euros ($12.40) in neighboring France.

A spokesman for the Swiss Federation of Trade Unions, or SGB, says more than 121,000 people have so far signed the request for a vote.

Link: finance.yahoo.com/news/Swiss-unions-push-referendum-apf-2709741278.html?x=0&.v=1

They should just make the minimum wage one million an hour. That way everyone is rich and no one goes hungry and everyone can buy a house and stuff.

What the Hell do you care what Switzerland does? It affects you in no way whatsoever.

It won't effect Americans at all.
Sweden has high pay and 50% income taxes. They live better and are more secure than Americans.

Trade unions in Switzerland claim they have collected enough signatures to force a referendum on a proposal to introduce a minimum wage of 22 Swiss francs ($25) an hour.

A spokesman for the Swiss Federation of Trade Unions, or SGB, says more than 121,000 people have so far signed the request for a vote.

Link: finance.yahoo.com/news/Swiss-unions-push-referendum-apf-2709741278.html?x=0&.v=1
If it passes, 121,000 people will then start whining like little bitches about how the price of everything has gone up.

I couldn't afford the pay cut!

Of course, most everyone's response is "Oh my fucking God, look what unions are trying to do? See, we told you they are terrible. Just think what that would do to the Swiss economy." Gasp.

It's all relative folks. Interesting that the article states that the proposed minimum wage is more than double that of neighboring France. What they don't tell you is that there currently is no set minimum wage in Switzerland. However, unions are very powerful in Switzerland, and even store cashiers are paid an average of $3500 francs per month based on a 42 hour work week. The proposed minimum wage would increase that to $4000 francs per month, so while it is a substantial increase, it is less percentage wise than the increase we just instituted in the US over the last few years.

Couple things about Switzerland, the cost of living is much higher than here in the US, overall at least. Secondly, average median income is about 50% higher than here in the US. Another tidbit is that everyone is required to purchase health insurance, and it must be purchased by the individual or family. Companies do not and cannot provide health insurance to their employees.

Last edited:
The Swiss have some fine looking babes.

True story. :thup:

My mother was one of them, although she's in her 80's now. My father met her on a blind date when he was on leave with one of his buddies while stationed in Heidelberg. She was a chemist working for Nestle at their main research facility in Vevey where they are headquartered.

Last edited:
Victoria+Silvstedt.jpg
[/IMG]

Victoria Silvstedt: My favorite Swiss beauty - beauty and brains.

A quick Google images shows the curtains and the drapes don't match. Prolly a misplaced Jew with a quick name change.

I can assure you that isn't true - except for the curtains and drapes not matching. I have a few hundred great pictures of her. She's 5'10" and speaks four languages. Hot lady...

I'm reasonably confident that the Swiss can better decide how their nation ought to work than any of the clueless economic theorists that post on this board.

Among other issues facing Switzerland, is the fact that their currency has risen so quickily against the Euro.

As I know they've been considering various ways to get their currency value down to more in line with the EURO, this inflationary move might be part of their overall stategy.

Forum List

Back