Minimal Wage. Raises. Inflation. Cost of living.

If you don’t like what you are getting paid then find another job. Businesses don’t exist to give you a job. You aren’t owed anything.
Ok I just said that someone will say that. What about the people that did something years ago and it caused them to have a criminal record? what if happen years ago? A mistake that someone made should prevent them from getting a decent paying job? People make mistakes no one is perfect, even the employers. What about the people that have a problem with their knee or whatever, and is limited to low paying jobs? Some jobs that pay minimal wage make more money then companies that pay 10 or more dollars an hour.
Then why do people who choose not to work are so easily able to manipulate the government and get to live with no worries?

If you have a physical or mental disability that limits your ability to make money, you can apply for partial disability.

Employers are only concerned about ex-cons because they have a habit of not changing their ways, especially where drugs are concerned. A company we deliver to got into a state program where they hired people out of prison. The state gave them money for employing them. It didn't work out. Violent fights broke out between the ex-cons. So they hired private security. But the security officer was outnumbered and he ended up getting severely hurt. The security company refused to do the job any longer unless the company hired a team of security people which would have been a huge loss for the company, so they gave up on the program.

I'm not an employer but I am a landlord. The two biggest losses I took was because I rented to ex-cons. What a mistake that was. One ripped out walls in the apartment and left it that way until I evicted him. He was a remodeler and tore out the walls to make a bigger bathroom. He went back on drugs and couldn't complete the job. It cost me a ton of money to get that place in order. The other nearly had my house burned down to the ground. Over $80,000 in damage. I couldn't get insurance on any of my rental buildings for three years. Nobody would touch me.

That's it. I tried to be a nice guy, but I refuse to rent to anybody who was a convicted felon. Can you blame me???

Did you give him permission to remodel your apt?

Yes I did. I told him I would take it off of his rent. I figured the time he spent in prison was enough time for him to be off the dope for good, but I was wrong. But it was more than just ripping down a wall. The toilet and sink had to be relocated. Then of course the floor had to be replaced. It was a lot of work and money because the plumbing and sewer lines had to be moved in the basement.

They brought up a huge minimum wage increase here in the city. Cleveland is all Democrats, and even they voted it down. Their concern was correct: businesses would pack up and move outside of the city to the suburbs or further out in the country. So their next scheme was to have the entire county increase the minimum wage to $15.00 an hour. The same concern there. Businesses would pack up and move to another county.

It simply doesn't work.

So let them. Oh wait even our min was too high for a lot of them, they could not wait to go to China and Mexico and even Cuba.

A person making min wage full time makes what 15000 a year, not enough to get on the ACA, so Medicaid is a must for them, expanded Medicaid.

Unfortunately you do have a point, higher wages does mean higher costs, because unless its a Mom and Pop business (which it hurts) we just can't let the executive employees go without a raise. I mean if the little man is going to get a raise then the top people must get one too.

No, it doesn't effect the top people, but it does create a domino effect for the little people.

You got a job out of high school with a company. You knew nothing going in so they paid you minimum wage. After six months of good work, they gave you a dollar an hour raise. As time went on, you kept getting raises.

After several years, you now make around 15.00 an hour because of your great work, learning different operations of a company, and a bright future. Now some Democrat comes along and makes the new minimum wage 15.00 an hour. You are right back to where you started from--making minimum wage.

So you march into your supervisors office and demand a six dollar an hour raise. He has no choice, it's either that or pay somebody the 15 and start from ground zero with a new employee and no experience.

So now you'r making $21.00 an hour and happy. Okay, but what about your coworker that was at the company much longer and made $21.00 an hour? Think he or she will approve of you making the same money as them?

So like I said, minimum wage just doesn't effect minimum wage workers, it effects all workers and a huge loss for the company.

Of course it doesn't affect the top people as they make more money. I have never received a dollar raise without a change in job titles. I am not for giving the min wage a jump like that, and all doing the same job should get the same raise. Then the person who has been there a long time, a worker, (not an exec) is bound to be let go as they are just making too much, getting older, better to get a younger person in and pay them the starting wage and they are young.

One can't keep the min wage the same for years, when they are raising food prices, internet, phone, auto ins, and health ins, life ins, and take the state taxes , they want to do away with their deducts, and many GOP states have and raised the sales and property tax, that is going to hurt the lower wage people the most.

I disagree. You don't pay people on what job they do, you pay people based on their ability to produce profit for the company.

Like anyplace else, we have losers where I work. They are slow, produce little for the company, and we good workers have to take up the slack for work they're not getting done. Many times we have to work over 8 hours. Why should those employees make the same as those of us that get the job done quickly and correctly?

Several of our good drivers complained to the boss about it. They caught these clowns sleeping in their trucks while we were swamped with work. My employer doesn't do much to them. Why? Because he's paying them a lot less than he's paying us.

Then they should get fired. All the places I have worked , get the same wage increase for the job position.

We discuss that all the time. We want to get home as early as possible like anybody else. But what can we do? We can't tell the owner how to run his business. He's a softie and feels guilty about getting rid of these clowns because he knows they probably won't be able to find another job, or if they do, won't be able to keep it for very long.

It is aggravating, especially when he sends me out to a stop with my tractor-trailer to pickup two pallets because some idiot in the small truck found a place to park and sleep for an hour.

If you don’t like what you are getting paid then find another job. Businesses don’t exist to give you a job. You aren’t owed anything.
Ok I just said that someone will say that. What about the people that did something years ago and it caused them to have a criminal record? what if happen years ago? A mistake that someone made should prevent them from getting a decent paying job? People make mistakes no one is perfect, even the employers. What about the people that have a problem with their knee or whatever, and is limited to low paying jobs? Some jobs that pay minimal wage make more money then companies that pay 10 or more dollars an hour.
Then why do people who choose not to work are so easily able to manipulate the government and get to live with no worries?

If you have a physical or mental disability that limits your ability to make money, you can apply for partial disability.

Employers are only concerned about ex-cons because they have a habit of not changing their ways, especially where drugs are concerned. A company we deliver to got into a state program where they hired people out of prison. The state gave them money for employing them. It didn't work out. Violent fights broke out between the ex-cons. So they hired private security. But the security officer was outnumbered and he ended up getting severely hurt. The security company refused to do the job any longer unless the company hired a team of security people which would have been a huge loss for the company, so they gave up on the program.

I'm not an employer but I am a landlord. The two biggest losses I took was because I rented to ex-cons. What a mistake that was. One ripped out walls in the apartment and left it that way until I evicted him. He was a remodeler and tore out the walls to make a bigger bathroom. He went back on drugs and couldn't complete the job. It cost me a ton of money to get that place in order. The other nearly had my house burned down to the ground. Over $80,000 in damage. I couldn't get insurance on any of my rental buildings for three years. Nobody would touch me.

That's it. I tried to be a nice guy, but I refuse to rent to anybody who was a convicted felon. Can you blame me???

Yes I did. I told him I would take it off of his rent. I figured the time he spent in prison was enough time for him to be off the dope for good, but I was wrong. But it was more than just ripping down a wall. The toilet and sink had to be relocated. Then of course the floor had to be replaced. It was a lot of work and money because the plumbing and sewer lines had to be moved in the basement.

We do have to live and learn , sometimes the hard way. When in business one never knows. On a side note there are many homeowners who get ripped off by ? contractors, I do hope you found a dependable contractor by now, with a business license , and checked if they rent or own a home and for how long, and comp and liability and permits are taken out. The opposite applies as well, they should check you out.

So let them. Oh wait even our min was too high for a lot of them, they could not wait to go to China and Mexico and even Cuba.

A person making min wage full time makes what 15000 a year, not enough to get on the ACA, so Medicaid is a must for them, expanded Medicaid.

Unfortunately you do have a point, higher wages does mean higher costs, because unless its a Mom and Pop business (which it hurts) we just can't let the executive employees go without a raise. I mean if the little man is going to get a raise then the top people must get one too.

No, it doesn't effect the top people, but it does create a domino effect for the little people.

You got a job out of high school with a company. You knew nothing going in so they paid you minimum wage. After six months of good work, they gave you a dollar an hour raise. As time went on, you kept getting raises.

After several years, you now make around 15.00 an hour because of your great work, learning different operations of a company, and a bright future. Now some Democrat comes along and makes the new minimum wage 15.00 an hour. You are right back to where you started from--making minimum wage.

So you march into your supervisors office and demand a six dollar an hour raise. He has no choice, it's either that or pay somebody the 15 and start from ground zero with a new employee and no experience.

So now you'r making $21.00 an hour and happy. Okay, but what about your coworker that was at the company much longer and made $21.00 an hour? Think he or she will approve of you making the same money as them?

So like I said, minimum wage just doesn't effect minimum wage workers, it effects all workers and a huge loss for the company.

Of course it doesn't affect the top people as they make more money. I have never received a dollar raise without a change in job titles. I am not for giving the min wage a jump like that, and all doing the same job should get the same raise. Then the person who has been there a long time, a worker, (not an exec) is bound to be let go as they are just making too much, getting older, better to get a younger person in and pay them the starting wage and they are young.

One can't keep the min wage the same for years, when they are raising food prices, internet, phone, auto ins, and health ins, life ins, and take the state taxes , they want to do away with their deducts, and many GOP states have and raised the sales and property tax, that is going to hurt the lower wage people the most.

I disagree. You don't pay people on what job they do, you pay people based on their ability to produce profit for the company.

Like anyplace else, we have losers where I work. They are slow, produce little for the company, and we good workers have to take up the slack for work they're not getting done. Many times we have to work over 8 hours. Why should those employees make the same as those of us that get the job done quickly and correctly?

Several of our good drivers complained to the boss about it. They caught these clowns sleeping in their trucks while we were swamped with work. My employer doesn't do much to them. Why? Because he's paying them a lot less than he's paying us.

Then they should get fired. All the places I have worked , get the same wage increase for the job position.

We discuss that all the time. We want to get home as early as possible like anybody else. But what can we do? We can't tell the owner how to run his business. He's a softie and feels guilty about getting rid of these clowns because he knows they probably won't be able to find another job, or if they do, won't be able to keep it for very long.

It is aggravating, especially when he sends me out to a stop with my tractor-trailer to pickup two pallets because some idiot in the small truck found a place to park and sleep for an hour.

Oh I am sure its very aggravating. I do hope you get paid overtime.

Oh I am sure its very aggravating. I do hope you get paid overtime.

Nah, we don't. Truck drivers are not covered under the overtime law and we don't get constitutional rights either. :doubt:

We do have to live and learn , sometimes the hard way. When in business one never knows. On a side note there are many homeowners who get ripped off by ? contractors, I do hope you found a dependable contractor by now, with a business license , and checked if they rent or own a home and for how long, and comp and liability and permits are taken out. The opposite applies as well, they should check you out.

Actually this guy was a friend of a friend. He felt terrible after what happened. He too is a remodeler and helped me get the bathroom back in shape. He did it for a very low price. I just had to pay for all the material. He told me his friend from prison was a fantastic remodeler; an artist, so I took his word for it and thought I was helping the guy out by knocking it off of his rent.

Suckers like us are born everyday I guess.

Do we fully understand that the left want to destroy the free market? Once you understand what they are determined to do, then you need to see what all of their policies they hype through the American Pravda are designed to do.

The left, through their unreal morons who are nothing but the useful idiots as described by stalin, push that ALL profit is inherently evil. They think the fry cook in McDonald's should get paid as much as the owner of the franchise. Owner of the franchise? The government should own it. Not some individual.

Ever notice how most if not all left wing policies are very expensive and the poor cannot afford any of it?

For example, Whole Foods market places. Trust me, mostly liberals (elitist white liberal scumbags) shop there. Far more expensive than the grocery stores the hood shops at. Ever see how much more expensive a "vegetarian" diet is?

IF the left have it all their way, all things will be rationed out to the poor. If they had it their way, there would no more market competition. If they had it their way, the notion of personal responsibility will be an antiquated term.

Once you understand what the goals are of the left, and once you understand that we debate pieces of shit left wing robots on this message board, you will understand how to discuss things with them.

You think anyone is making a dent with that frigidweirdo by using common sense with him?

Are you crazy?

Here is what I see in the job market, which doesn't mean what I see as reality it is just what I see.

The young who can't pay their bills are also the ones who didn't get an education or training and apparently don't want to as long as they have an iPhone.

There is definitely a market out their for trained skilled labor, one that enough Americans are not being trained to fill. So bitching about companies hiring people from India to fill a need that they can't fill with Americans seem to be a bit disingenuous. (outsourcing is another subject)

So that leaves the minimum wage jobs. Jobs that will soon be filling with AI. It would be far cheaper to employ robots that require no benefits then to hire a minimum wage person who requires nearly half as much more in benefits.

Here is what I see in the job market, which doesn't mean what I see as reality it is just what I see.

The young who can't pay their bills are also the ones who didn't get an education or training and apparently don't want to as long as they have an iPhone.

There is definitely a market out their for trained skilled labor, one that enough Americans are not being trained to fill. So bitching about companies hiring people from India to fill a need that they can't fill with Americans seem to be a bit disingenuous. (outsourcing is another subject)

So that leaves the minimum wage jobs. Jobs that will soon be filling with AI. It would be far cheaper to employ robots that require no benefits then to hire a minimum wage person who requires nearly half as much more in benefits.

The problem is that younger people today don't try nearly as hard as the generations before them. When I was younger, I often held two jobs. At one point, three jobs.

If you don't want to make minimum wage, then get into a line of work that pays better. In my industry, we are short over 30,000 drivers today, and that number is expected to grow as the Baby Boomers retire. But what can they do? They can't get Americans to take these jobs. So now they are bringing in foreigners to do the work.

It doesn't take that much money or time to learn how to drive a tractor-trailer. Most of it is experience. Some companies will not only give you the training and get you licensed, but they will pay you while you learn. All you have to do is work for them for one year.

Any adult working for minimum wage has CLEARLY made poor decisions in life.

Not all the time. Stay at home moms take those jobs when the kids go to school. Kids going to college that need extra money. Some elderly just need something to do in their retirement years. They really don't need the money all that badly, they just don't want to vegetate at home doing nothing. Our company has several retirees, and they just work because their wives are younger and not retired yet. They feel guilty sitting at home while they work. So there are a lot of reasons people take those jobs.

The problem is that younger people today don't try nearly as hard as the generations before them. When I was younger, I often held two jobs. At one point, three jobs.

If you don't want to make minimum wage, then get into a line of work that pays better. In my industry, we are short over 30,000 drivers today, and that number is expected to grow as the Baby Boomers retire. But what can they do? They can't get Americans to take these jobs. So now they are bringing in foreigners to do the work.

It doesn't take that much money or time to learn how to drive a tractor-trailer. Most of it is experience. Some companies will not only give you the training and get you licensed, but they will pay you while you learn. All you have to do is work for them for one year.

I agree, they need to get off their butts and learn something. But life is easy. I had a person complain about going to work in the dark. I mentioned that I went to work and returned from work in the dark many, many years.

Maybe parents are giving their kids too much help??

I agree, they need to get off their butts and learn something. But life is easy. I had a person complain about going to work in the dark. I mentioned that I went to work and returned from work in the dark many, many years.

That's exactly it. Statistics show that people are living with their parents longer than anytime in our history. Hell, when we were younger, you couldn't wait to get your own place. it was such a liberating feeling having your own apartment or house. That desire is less present today in younger people. It coins the term "moms basement."

Not all the time. Stay at home moms take those jobs when the kids go to school. Kids going to college that need extra money. Some elderly just need something to do in their retirement years. They really don't need the money all that badly, they just don't want to vegetate at home doing nothing. Our company has several retirees, and they just work because their wives are younger and not retired yet. They feel guilty sitting at home while they work. So there are a lot of reasons people take those jobs.
There are exceptions to the rule but my comment stands.

I think those people are more than the exception, I think they are the majority. However presented by the liberals, they would have us think that all these minimum wage workers were trying to support themselves or their family on those jobs. Those are the exception.

I think those people are more than the exception, I think they are the majority. However presented by the liberals, they would have us think that all these minimum wage workers were trying to support themselves or their family on those jobs. Those are the exception.
Wrong.

As I previously stated, if you're an adult working for minimum wage you made poor choices in life. Period.

If that offends someone here, tough.

Working after retirement is such a pleasure. Knowing that if they give you too much grief you can just say so long. They even treat you differently. I didn't realize how much they beat on people until I was on the outside looking in. My wife is 8 years younger than me and I work for all the exact reasons you give. I don't work for minimum wage and I am not sure I would get that bored.

That's exactly it. Statistics show that people are living with their parents longer than anytime in our history. Hell, when we were younger, you couldn't wait to get your own place. it was such a liberating feeling having your own apartment or house. That desire is less present today in younger people. It coins the term "moms basement."
We can't deny that doing what we did today cost a boatload of money. But it is all relative. I started where I retired from making ~9.50/hour and was very happy, now the job pays in the 40s to start.

Don't underestimate how well propaganda works on the useful idiots. More than enough case studies to show it. The only way to combat the left wing hype is to present the unvarnished truth. However, for many of these possessed assholes, it makes little difference.

Just look at the example of the so called notion that cops target and murder blacks. Not one statistical fact shows that is the case. Unarmed blacks being shot by cops, happens about a grand total of 1% of the time and cops "murdering blacks" happens a whole lot less than that.

However large numbers of ignorant morons (especially the demented elitist white liberals) believe it happens on a mass scale. Why? HYPE! PROPAGANDA!

The facts or the truth makes little difference. The narrative is established. Minds are made up. The society collapses and almost all based on lies.

So long as the left controls the 3 essential areas of communication, it won't make much difference if conservatives control seats in government. Yes, I said conservatives, not republicans. Which we all know now are not the same. Far from it.

Must be weird for the left to know the Bush family were always one of them this whole time.

Forum List

Back