Minimal Wage. Raises. Inflation. Cost of living.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ThatDude30, Nov 4, 2017.

1. ThatDude30

ThatDude30 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +294
    Minimal wage increases every few years. Some employees get a raise every year if they are lucky, but some raises are insulting. Busting your butt, never late, never call off, take extra shifts, and you prove to be most reliable, just to be taken advantage of because the manager or supervisor knows you will do whatever they ask with out hesitation, so instead of wasting their time asking another employee that might not be so good or fast as you, and might be defiant and slack off. So being taken advantage of for a whole year and coming up is raise time. You are sitting in the office for your review, and the have nothing but good things to say, you are their best employee and this is the best review you have ever got. Then they tell you that you got a 15 cent raise. That is insulting if I ever got a raise that low I would tell them to keep it. Some companies once you are maxed out there is nothing to look forward to. No matter how much longer you are with that company. If that happens companies should give bonuses every year to keep employees moral up.
    The Government decides to raise minimal wage every so often, to make it look like they are doing something good for the people. And the people that are making minimal wage actually believe The government did something for them.
    Well in reality if inflation and cost of living increases faster then the minimal wage increases, it really doesn't matter if minimal wage increased at all if inflation and cost of living increases more and higher then minimal wage.

Ex. minimal Wage- $7.25
    Gallon of milk-$4.50
    Gas- $3.00 a gallon
    gas bill- $100
    electric bill- $70
    rent- $500

Minimal Wage increases to- $8.00
    Gallon of milk- $5.25
    Gas- $4.00 a gallon
    gas bill- $150
    electric- $100
    rent- $550

Minimal Wage -$8.00
    milk $5.50
    gas- 4.25
    gas bill- $160
    electric- $110
    rent- $570

So if inflation and cost of living increases more often then minimal wage you are really not making more.

I think minimal wage and raises should increase at the same rate of inflation and cost of living. Also a minimal wage a company can pay their employees should be based on how much that company makes. If company A is making more then company B, company A minimal wage would be higher then company Bs minimal wage.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,237
    do you understand that when min wage goes up, by force, it creates the inflation you are talking about?

Why would you think it's ok to invade the privacy of a company to order them to pay their employees said amount?

If you bust your ass and get $.15 raise, find another job

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. frigidweirdo

frigidweirdo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,169
    Which is better than no minimum wage and people being unable to pay for milk, gas, gas bill, electric and rent, I guess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Two Thumbs

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,237
    have you, or anyone you know, ever taken a job that didn't pay enough to cover bills?

If you do, how old were you/they?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Ray From Cleveland

Ray From Cleveland Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,945
    Which would be ridiculous.

Do you think government should have minimum price guarantee based on how much you make? For instance, you are not allowed to pay your lawn care company less than $100.00 per cut because you make over 75K a year? Do you think because you make 75K a year, the cost of your dinner at a restaurant should be higher than other people? How about the movies or amusement park? What about an airline ticket?

The idea of a federal government is to govern--not run our lives. Your federal government is not there to solve all of your personal or financial problems. Until we vote in a dictator government, they are not supposed to be there to guarantee you anything but the rights outlined within.

• Winner Winner x 3
  6. Two Thumbs

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,237
    really?

has he forced you to buy a product or service?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,945
    We do? I haven't been forced to do anything as of yet. Maybe you're confusing our current President with the last one who forced people to buy healthcare coverage or else, or his wife that tried to force kids to eat the crap she selected for school lunch. Or force schools to accept weirdos in dresses going to the girls locker room. Or dictating how a company is to conduct their business right down to how much they are allowed to spend on what.

See, that's a dictatorship.

8. Penelope

Penelope Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,908
    Now what do you mean by govern?

Now I think a dictator is one who continuously tries to control the judiciary and media and has generals as WH advisors.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Aldo Raine

Aldo Raine Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +460

And there you have it, total control of government and able to do anything they want. We are a long way from that, but it is what Rump and in all fairness all recent presidents have wanted!

10. Ray From Cleveland

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,945
    No, a dictator also wants total control of the people. Tell them what they can eat, what they must purchase, what they should not purchase, how much they should be allowed to weigh.........

To govern is to take care of the business of government. In our system, it's to preserve the rights in our Constitution and freedom so many have died for. Our system of government is not to put the first diaper on a citizen when they are born and the first shovel of dirt on their grave when they die.