Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine!

When men get married, they replace the word 'Mine' with 'Yours'.

I think it's genetically coded. When your bride hears the words, "I now pronounce you man & wife" it triggers the instant response, "What's mine is mine, and what's his is mine now".

As if men don't alter instantly upon marriage. Far too many begin lecturing their new wives on how their Moms do things.....you guys have your character issues as well.

Yeh, well, talking of marriage. Do you know what the similarity between eggs benedict and a blow job is, Madeline?

You can't get either one at home! :eusa_whistle:

'Medo me-do medo me-do,' depends on the age. And toys can be boxes, crates and odd stuff. Imagination, grandson spent half an hour driving a toy car in and out of a rectangle coffee can from target. Just wait till they get into real cars!

At first I thought this thread about, "The rise of social media sites like Facebook, MySpace and Flikr, has been accompanied by fears that we are producing the most narcissistic “Generation Me” in history. But is there any actual scientific evidence for that view?"

College Students Are Less Empathic Than Generations Past: Scientific American Podcast
Kids These Days: Study Exposes 'Generation Me' | LiveScience

I think it's genetically coded. When your bride hears the words, "I now pronounce you man & wife" it triggers the instant response, "What's mine is mine, and what's his is mine now".

As if men don't alter instantly upon marriage. Far too many begin lecturing their new wives on how their Moms do things.....you guys have your character issues as well.

Yeh, well, talking of marriage. Do you know what the similarity between eggs benedict and a blow job is, Madeline?

Colin, over here a chick is leery of BJs because some men will refuse to fuck ever again after getting one. We have a truly abysmal level of sexual performance in some of our population.

"Selfish" is not the word. I'm not sure what the word is for seeing the person you make love with as no more valuable, unique or hard to replace than a tv remote. The men we have managed to cultivate who are capable of loving their partners are as precious to us as the air we breathe, for without them, we'd have no hope at all.

Not all of us can emigrate to the UK, after all.

*Winks*

When men get married, they replace the word 'Mine' with 'Yours'.

Sorry, but you're wrong. I got the "my mother didn't do it, so I won't either" routine.

Which was OK with me because I like doing things for myself. That way I like the end result. If she didn't like it, she was free to break her mother's rule. Again, fully OK with me.

o please..eggs benedict isnt that hard to make

So just last week, my teenager got his license.

He took my car out ... had a good time for himself. I was happy. Nervous and worried, but happy for him.

The next morning I go to get in my car to drive to work, and I had to put the whole damn inside back the way I had it. I can understand moving the mirrors. Hell, he's almost a foot taller than I am and he does need to be safe when driving. But my iCable for my iPod was a mess, my radio controls all screwed up and so on ....

That afternoon upon arriving back home, I sat him down and we had a little talk. The car is only five months old. Brand spankin' new! I explained to him in no uncertain terms that the car is MINE! Again, the mirrors ... no problem. But if he touches anything else in MY car, I want it put back to the way it was.

The car is MINE!

MINE ... MINE ... MINE ... MINE!!!

He took my car out ... had a good time for himself. I was happy. Nervous and worried, but happy for him.

The next morning I go to get in my car to drive to work, and I had to put the whole damn inside back the way I had it. I can understand moving the mirrors. Hell, he's almost a foot taller than I am and he does need to be safe when driving. But my iCable for my iPod was a mess, my radio controls all screwed up and so on ....

That afternoon upon arriving back home, I sat him down and we had a little talk. The car is only five months old. Brand spankin' new! I explained to him in no uncertain terms that the car is MINE! Again, the mirrors ... no problem. But if he touches anything else in MY car, I want it put back to the way it was.

The car is MINE!

Yep, my Grandson just got his license about a month ago, Daughter tells us he rear ended his friends car whom he was following night before last. What can you do?

The car is MINE!

Yep, my Grandson just got his license about a month ago, Daughter tells us he rear ended his friends car whom he was following night before last. What can you do?
Tell them "I love you!" as they're walking out the door, hope and pray they remember the rules of the road and that they make good choices. And that no harm comes to them in the form of a car accident. A vehicle can always be replaced, a life can not.

Forum List

Back