lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
This sort of freaked me out...
==========================

A little different.
MIND GAME

2% or 98%

This is strange...can you figure it out?
Are you the 2% or 98% of the population?
Follow the instructions! NO PEEKING AHEAD!

* Do the following exercise, guaranteed to raise an eyebrow.

* There's no trick or surprise.

* Just follow these instructions, and answer the questions one at a time and as quickly as you can!

* Again, as quickly as you can but don't advance untilyou've done each of them ... really.

*Now, scroll down (but not too fast, you might miss
something).

Think of a number from 1 to 10

Multiply that number by 9

If the number is a 2-digit number, add the digits together

Now subtract 5

Determine which letter in the alphabet corresponds to the number you ended up with (example: 1=a, 2=b, 3=c,etc.)

Think of a country that starts with that letter

Remember the last letter of the name of that country

Think of the name of an animal that starts with that
letter

Remember the last letter in the name of that
animal

Think of the name of a fruit that starts with
that letter

Are you thinking of a Kangaroo in Denmark eating an
Orange?

I told you this was FREAKY!! If not, you're among the
2% of the population whose minds are different
enough to think of something else. 98% of people will
answer with kangaroos in Denmark when given this
exercise.

my mother always told me I was special...I had a Koala Bear in Denmark eating Rhubarb!

If you do the math right, the country must start with D.

any number between 1 and 10, multiplied by 9, adding the two digits (if it has two digits, the only exception being 1) ALWAYS produces 9. And 9 - 5 = 4. How many country names start with D? 1. What I can't figure out is why 98% prefer Kangaroos to Koalas. I blame it on Winnie the Pooh and his friends Kanga and Roo.

Originally posted by Bry
What I can't figure out is why 98% prefer Kangaroos to Koalas. I blame it on Winnie the Pooh and his friends Kanga and Roo.

Don't ask me how he got involved, but I blame it on that purple bastard "Barney". That's the most annoying creature on earth. I'm sure it's a conspiracy and he's behind it! Tigger is the only respectable character left. :D

Originally posted by Bry
If you do the math right, the country must start with D.

any number between 1 and 10, multiplied by 9, adding the two digits (if it has two digits, the only exception being 1) ALWAYS produces 9. And 9 - 5 = 4. How many country names start with D? 1. What I can't figure out is why 98% prefer Kangaroos to Koalas. I blame it on Winnie the Pooh and his friends Kanga and Roo.

I picked Djibouti - even though the D is silent.

Tigger is the only respectable character left.

C'mon, man, don't forget Eyore! You know he was always depressed because he had to hang around the rest of those losers all day. Eyore's the man! Or donkey, or whatever he was.

Come on guys, are you realy surprised by the results?
As some one has already pointed out, the odds are already stacked in favour of a 98% to 2% result.

Forget the numbers for a minute and ask anyone to name a country beginning with D, an animal begining with its last letter and a fruit begining with the last letter of animal chosen.

If they are prompted to give the answers quickly, I bet the result will be quite predictable.

New Topics

Forum List

Back