Minarchist Libertarian / Capitalist

Welcome!

Please communicate with us in the future by smoke signal as the internet owes its existence to the US Government who unconstitutionally funneled money into it's creation.

Rav why must you always dig so deeply to try and find a way to put a libertarian out there as a hypocrite?

Incidentally, I like how Dude shot you down. Most normal libertarians, with the lowercase l, agree with the DoD's existence by virtue of constitutionality, and necessity.

It was a good effort though, you'll get 'em next time :lol:
No offense, but I didn't know there were normal libertarians. :cuckoo:

Seriously, though, I've seen libertarians argue against NASA and the space race...

You don't think anyone's normal that doesn't think like YOU Rav. So I'm not surprised you would say that.

You've got some pretty tightly confined parameters for ideological positions.

You're one of those "All <insert ideology here> are..." kind of people. Turn your TV off and join the real world for a change.

I'll put it real simple, but that don't mean my intro is going to be short.

I am a Minarchist Libertarian Capitalist, I only support having a government in the most limited capacities. ....

Welcome. We have much in common.

I see you've already met the board Idiot. Just remember, there is an 'ignore' feature here. :lol:

What games to you play?

I don't watch tv....

You've got way too much to say about media personalities for that to be a true statement.
I do? Besides Rush...what do I say about media personalities...he's not on tv, btw.

I pay for cable but I often think about canceling it. We watch football and the weather channel if there's an imminent hurricane attack. Other than that...nothing.

Hello

I am an "empirical pragmatic libertarian."

I too read Ayn Rand when I was a teenager and was part of the Objectivist Club in college.

However, I went into a profession where I had to train my mind to be right or be fired. That made me look at the world differently, and it made me reject Objectivism, dogmatic libertarianism, and well, pretty much all ideologies as empirical constructs and frameworks.

But I empathize with ya. Welcome to USMB. I hope you don't believe in 9/11 conspiracy theories. Many "libertarians" do.

I don't watch tv....

You've got way too much to say about media personalities for that to be a true statement.
I do? Besides Rush...what do I say about media personalities...he's not on tv, btw.

I pay for cable but I often think about canceling it. We watch football and the weather channel if there's an imminent hurricane attack. Other than that...nothing.

Are you really going to try and say you've never taken any shots at the likes of Hannity, O'Reilly, Beck, et al, since you've been here?

I could take the time to search posts but that would be incredibly pathetic on a friday night, now wouldn't it?

Assuming you have, which I'm positive of, you'd pretty much have to have watched them on TV to know them enough to have a viable opinion.

But assuming you haven't, just for the sake of argument, if Rush is your only problem then you don't have it that bad at all and should probably stop complaining so much and enjoy your super majority control of pretty much the entire US government.

You know, something you've probably ruined a good amount of undergarments over while day dreaming about it?

Last edited:
Hello

I am an "empirical pragmatic libertarian."

I too read Ayn Rand when I was a teenager and was part of the Objectivist Club in college.

However, I went into a profession where I had to train my mind to be right or be fired. That made me look at the world differently, and it made me reject Objectivism, dogmatic libertarianism, and well, pretty much all ideologies as empirical constructs and frameworks.

But I empathize with ya. Welcome to USMB. I hope you don't believe in 9/11 conspiracy theories. Many "libertarians" do.

I'll say my libertarian nature comes from a historical realization and historical prophecy, and as well my own self-interest of being anti-authoritarianism. I'll expand on that later if asked.

I accept some theories surrounding 9/11 attacks, and some stuff I don't accept. I accept that there was a high possibility that it was known al Qaeda would attack - just that it wasn't exactly preventable, as Condoleeza Rice stated in her 9/11 commission briefings. I accept what George Tenet said about capturing Osama bin Laden in Tora Bora, that even then we were too late to catch Osama.

But at the same time, I can't help but say we haven't done enough in the war on terror.

I don't buy the crap that Pakistan is an ally in the WoT. To me, Pakistan has proven to be nothing less than a terrorist-owned-and-operated state. Their government has refused to cooperate with us in the capturing of bin Laden when the evidence has had pointed to him being in Pakistan. That and Benazhir Bhutto's assassination, I find absolutely despicable.

Meanwhile, we've never even done anything to actually get rid of the Khomeini regime inside Iran. I mean hell, I still can remember as earlier as 2003 there being reports about Iran's brutal inhumane treatments and terrorist connections, though not with al Qaeda, but with Hezbollah and/or Hamas.

I am a Minarchist Libertarian Capitalist, I only support having a government in the most limited capacities. ....

I see you've already met the board Idiot. Just remember, there is an 'ignore' feature here. :lol:

What games do you play?

Mostly... MMORPGs (Aion, FFXI), Action/Adventure, RPGs, 3rd-person shooters, and horror/sci-fi/survival-horror.

What games do you play?

Mostly... MMORPGs (Aion, FFXI), Action/Adventure, RPGs, 3rd-person shooters, and horror/sci-fi/survival-horror.

Awesome! I'm a 1st-Person shooter gamer myself.

What games do you play?

Awesome! I'm a 1st-Person shooter gamer myself.

Heh, cool... I don't mind FPS sometimes, like GRAW2 or RSV2. But overall, I just prefer 3rd-person/over-the-shoulder.

Welcome, I'm fairly libertarian slanted myself and want an economy as free as possible, hell, the black market is better than what we have at the federal level,imho.

Forum List

Back