Minarchist Libertarian / Capitalist

GRX Dragon

Meijin Ryuu
Sep 2, 2009
Savannah, G.A.
I'll put it real simple, but that don't mean my intro is going to be short.

I am a Minarchist Libertarian Capitalist, I only support having a government in the most limited capacities. Certainly, nothing beyond the Constitution, but at the same time even if the government obeyed the constitution yet infringed on personal freedom in the process, it is clear to me the government is in the wrong. Some have also described me as a Naturalist, since my interpretation is that our individual rights come naturally, and only we can give them up.

I do think the government however is needed, as it was outlined in the U.S. Constitution: a federal military and federal security; eg. a military to protect our economic, political, and defensive interests, and a secured foundation for which a justice system is needed. But in neither case, something so over-bloated that we would have to give up our freedoms for. By over-bloated, I am talking about the government as it has stood for the last century.

In the end, it comes down to the individual rights - "what makes you think you have any right whatsoever to coerce another person?" Surely one would realize that I am speaking without due process, and to drive the ball home in a simple phrase: "aborting a fetus coercively removes all individual liberties from the child."

In other words, some may ask what I think about legalizing thievery or murder. But the fact of the matter is, thievery and murder are infringing on someone else's individualist freedoms, property rights. Abortion being no different for one recognizing the fetus as a baby.

I am a supporter of Ayn Rand's Objectivism, the keys being individual rights, and the "separation of economics and government."

Edit: More information -

I am a 25 year old adult, a student of Savannah Technical College in Savannah, GA. I've attended a couple tea-party rallies. I am a gamer - I play many video games... am a fan of fantasy/science-fiction, politics, anime, etc. as well an amateur writer.

Last edited:

I am a Minarchist Libertarian Capitalist, I only support having a government in the most limited capacities. Certainly, nothing beyond the Constitution, but at the same time even if the government obeyed the constitution yet infringed on personal freedom in the process, it is clear to me the government is in the wrong. Some have also described me as a Naturalist, since my interpretation is that our individual rights come naturally, and only we can give them up.

I do think the government however is needed, as it was outlined in the U.S. Constitution: a federal military and federal security; eg. a military to protect our economic, political, and defensive interests, and a secured foundation for which a justice system is needed. But in neither case, something so over-bloated that we would have to give up our freedoms for. By over-bloated, I am talking about the government as it has stood for the last century.

In the end, it comes down to the individual rights - "what makes you think you have any right whatsoever to coerce another person?" Surely one would realize that I am speaking without due process, and to drive the ball home in a simple phrase: "aborting a fetus coercively removes all individual liberties from the child."

In other words, some may ask what I think about legalizing thievery or murder. But the fact of the matter is, thievery and murder are infringing on someone else's individualist freedoms, property rights. Abortion being no different for one recognizing the fetus as a baby.

I am a supporter of Ayn Rand's Objectivism, the keys being individual rights, and the "separation of economics and government."

I am a 25 year old adult, a student of Savannah Technical College in Savannah, GA. I've attended a couple tea-party rallies. I am a gamer - I play many video games... am a fan of fantasy/science-fiction, politics, anime, etc. as well an amateur writer.

Welcome to the board, I'm a Libertarian as well. There are a few of us here. :)

Dragon, cool avvie, you'll likely fit in well, stop by the Computer and Technology forums on here, gamers rule! Sort of. :razz:

funny-pictures-geek-squad-is-an-equal-opportunity-employer.jpg

That is because you shoot each other down.

No problem with that, it is simply what Libertarians do.

You are a polity of one, and that is the lonley......est number that you will ever know.

Two sucks too.

:clap2:

Welcome to the Zoo... I am a Libertarian... In Spirit... Ask JR or BGG what that Means... ;)

Anyway, a 25 Year Old as Informed as you Appear to be is a Great thing for the REPUBLIC... Hopefully there are More of you.

:)

peace...

You are a polity of one, and that is the lonley......est number that you will ever know.

Two sucks too.

I know who the libertarians are on here, and I don't remember seeing any of us "shoot each other down".

Two sucks too.

I know who the libertarians are on here, and I don't remember seeing any of us "shoot each other down".

Depends on the Base Reason for your Libertarianism...

Some are Potheads... Some are Gun Obsessed... (Count me in)... Some are about No Rules at all...

Not a lot of Strength in that Chain...

But hey, 2-3% of some Elections are Scratched by the Libertardians... (Just Kidding... Save your Post, JR!)

But Seriously, Thanks for giving that Senate Seat in Montana to the DemocRATS... Barry Appreciates it!

peace...

Welcome!

Please communicate with us in the future by smoke signal as the internet owes its existence to the US Government who unconstitutionally funneled money into it's creation.

Welcome!

Please communicate with us in the future by smoke signal as the internet owes its existence to the US Government who unconstitutionally funneled money into it's creation.

yes ravi because we all know that it never ever ever would have existed if the government didn't do it.

Welcome!

yes ravi because we all know that it never ever ever would have existed if the government didn't do it.
In this case it is probably true...the internet owes it's existence to the space race.

Welcome!

Thank you, Algore.

Actually, it was created by the Department of Defense - one of the very few constitutional departments.

And, like virtually everything else done by big gubmint, it was considered a huge failure until someone out in the World figured out how to make a buck off of it.

Oh, and welcome new dude....Have fun with our barking moonbats!

Welcome!

In this case it is probably true...the internet owes it's existence to the space race.

tell me why would a private company spend all that money when the government was already doing it for them?

You simply cannot say with any degree of certainty that the internet or any other resulting technology of the space race would never have come into existence but for the government.

My god the people who put a man on the moon did it with the computing power that was exponentially less that that of your digital watch. Do you really think that that type of talent would not have been used by private companies to invent and produce the modern marvels we see today?

I'd be willing to wager these technologies would have been available to us even sooner if the government didn't classify the latest and greatest breakthroughs. You do realize that what you call state of the art is at least 5 to 10 years behind the cutting edge of technology because the government keeps it under wraps don't you?

Dragon, cool avvie, you'll likely fit in well, stop by the Computer and Technology forums on here, gamers rule! Sort of. :razz:

Thanks! I'm actually in the process of building my next computer, I'll throw the specs up in one of those areas. My only thing is I'm waiting until December, I figured I'd study the fluctuations in prices.

:clap2:

Welcome to the Zoo... I am a Libertarian... In Spirit... Ask JR or BGG what that Means... ;)

I think I know what you mean... you're not a member of the Libertarian Party, right? Being fair, I'm registered as an independent myself.

Anyway, a 25 Year Old as Informed as you Appear to be is a Great thing for the REPUBLIC... Hopefully there are More of you.

peace...

I know you mean well, and I'm a supporter of a constitutional republic being the only government type for capitalism to flourish - but I'll never put the state ahead of myself or other people. But like I said, I know you mean well and I must thank you for what appears to be a compliment.

tell me why would a private company spend all that money when the government was already doing it for them?

You simply cannot say with any degree of certainty that the internet or any other resulting technology of the space race would never have come into existence but for the government.

My god the people who put a man on the moon did it with the computing power that was exponentially less that that of your digital watch. Do you really think that that type of talent would not have been used by private companies to invent and produce the modern marvels we see today?

I'd be willing to wager these technologies would have been available to us even sooner if the government didn't classify the latest and greatest breakthroughs. You do realize that what you call state of the art is at least 5 to 10 years behind the cutting edge of technology because the government keeps it under wraps don't you?

I have to agree. Really, a company that's in it to win it, would research what they can do to make things better off, because a smart company knows to make more money it needs to make better and more innovative products. No doubt in my mind that not only would the internet have been in the private and public domains sooner, but I think we'd have seen high-speed data transfers (talking broadband speed of 4-6 Gb/s at least) as early as the 1990's.

Rather, we have so many regulations that companies like Verizon don't even try to compete with their FiOS product across the country, which while not the end-all/be-all tech product many had hoped for (myself included), could've forced other companies' hands such as Comcast and AT&T/Bellsouth.

Welcome!

Rav why must you always dig so deeply to try and find a way to put a libertarian out there as a hypocrite?

Incidentally, I like how Dude shot you down. Most normal libertarians, with the lowercase l, agree with the DoD's existence by virtue of constitutionality, and necessity.

It was a good effort though, you'll get 'em next time :lol:

Welcome!

Rav why must you always dig so deeply to try and find a way to put a libertarian out there as a hypocrite?

Incidentally, I like how Dude shot you down. Most normal libertarians, with the lowercase l, agree with the DoD's existence by virtue of constitutionality, and necessity.

No offense, but I didn't know there were normal libertarians. :cuckoo:

Seriously, though, I've seen libertarians argue against NASA and the space race...

Welcome!

No offense, but I didn't know there were normal libertarians. :cuckoo:

Seriously, though, I've seen libertarians argue against NASA and the space race...

What's wrong with that? The money spent on the space race would likely have been better off remaining in the private sector.

Forum List

Back