MILWAUKEE — A radio talk show host drew criticism Thursday after calling Condoleezza

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
MILWAUKEE — A radio talk show host drew criticism Thursday after calling Condoleezza Rice an “Aunt Jemima” and saying she isn’t competent to be secretary of state.

John Sylvester, the program director and morning personality on WTDY-AM in Madison, said in a phone interview Thursday that he used the term on Wednesday’s show to describe Rice and other blacks as having only a subservient role in the Bush administration.

Rice has served as President Bush’s national security adviser and was named this week to replace the departing Colin Powell as secretary of state.

Sylvester, who is white, also referred to Powell as an “Uncle Tom” — a contemptuous term for a black whose behavior toward whites is regarded as fawning or servile.

He said Thursday night that he was referring to remarks by singer and civil rights activist Harry Belafonte that the price of admittance for blacks to the Bush White House was subservience.
As for Rice, “they’re using her for an illusion of inclusion,” he said, adding that he feels her history as national security adviser showed a lack of competence

Radio host calls Rice ?Aunt Jemima? - U.S. news - Life - Race & ethnicity - msnbc.com

Yep this is the samd dude. year 2004. and he still has a job.. Pig fucking pig.

White radio host calls Condoleeza Rice 'Aunt Jemima'; NAACP blasts him

A radio talk show host who called Condoleezza Rice an "Aunt Jemima" issued an apology Friday, but not to Rice. "It is with a heavy heart that I apologize this morning to Aunt Jemima," John "Sly" Sylvester, who is white, said on WTDY-AM in Madison. "She wasn't a self-serving hack politician who got up in front of Congress and lied. Aunt Jemima didn't kowtow to Don Rumsfeld or Dick Cheney."

Sylvester made his comments in conjunction with a giveaway of Aunt Jemima pancake mix and syrup to listeners.

yep, no escaping it a hate filled lefty pig.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever said that there are no left wing racists?
I have posted about thowe who were going to vote for hillary, but whn Obama got the nominations they said "I ain't voting for no damned ni**er."

And yes this was 2004.
Got something more current?

Last edited:
That man is despicable!

He should have lost his job just like Imus and Dr. Laura!

Don't you agree, Tree?

That man is despicable!

Don't you agree, Tree?

Yep, what good for the goose is good for lefty ganders, but it hasn't happened?? why? cause lefties love his shit.

MILWAUKEE — A radio talk show host drew criticism Thursday after calling Condoleezza Rice an “Aunt Jemima” and saying she isn’t competent to be secretary of state.

John Sylvester, the program director and morning personality on WTDY-AM in Madison, said in a phone interview Thursday that he used the term on Wednesday’s show to describe Rice and other blacks as having only a subservient role in the Bush administration.

Rice has served as President Bush’s national security adviser and was named this week to replace the departing Colin Powell as secretary of state.

Sylvester, who is white, also referred to Powell as an “Uncle Tom” — a contemptuous term for a black whose behavior toward whites is regarded as fawning or servile.

He said Thursday night that he was referring to remarks by singer and civil rights activist Harry Belafonte that the price of admittance for blacks to the Bush White House was subservience.
As for Rice, “they’re using her for an illusion of inclusion,” he said, adding that he feels her history as national security adviser showed a lack of competence

Radio host calls Rice ?Aunt Jemima? - U.S. news - Life - Race & ethnicity - msnbc.com

Yep this is the samd dude. year 2004. and he still has a job.. Pig fucking pig.

golly

these derogatory remarks (which I find detestable) are not NEARLY as bad as some of the things conservatives have said about obama, blacks in general and the naacp

That man is despicable!

Don't you agree, Tree?

Yep, what good for the goose is good for lefty ganders, but it hasn't happened?? why? cause lefties love his shit.

His job is a matter for the station, Willow. BTW, I dun know any "lefties" who approve of this sort of speech -- do you?

That man is despicable!

Don't you agree, Tree?

His job is a matter for the station, Willow. BTW, I dun know any "lefties" who approve of this sort of speech -- do you?

If they disapproved he wouldn't have a job.

That man is despicable!

Don't you agree, Tree?

I have no control over who gets hired or fired.

I was just wondering if you were up in arms when Imus called a basketball team "nappy-headed hos".

If you were incensed with those comments, then I give you credit.

However, I have a hunch that you were probably on the side of Imus.

Forum List

Back