Milo's quote does NOT condone pedophilia, it DEFINES it. Read the actual quote

Are you trying to say a 13 year old victim of child molestation is somehow violating the age of consent laws?
I'm saying he didn't obey them, he ignored them. I don't have smaller words in which to put that concept.

I'm saying he didn't obey them, he ignored them. I don't have smaller words in which to put that concept.

So minors who are victims of child molestation are obligated to not ignore age of consent laws? That's your argument? You sure about that?

The worst thing about the Milo situation is that a man has had his means of earning a living taken from him based upon his words. It does not appear that he really did anything wrong. Then again, I thought that Michael Vick was unfairly targeted and prosecuted.

Targeting anyone based upon speech content is a frightening thing. Obviously, it was not the government targeting Milo. Rather, he was punished by the marketplace. However, the marketplace is also influenced by PC culture.

So on one hand I am sympathetic to Milo one level. But, what he said was disturbing. Further, we should really question why people adored Milo in the first place. I have never thought that Milo represents American conservatism. On the surface he clearly does not. But get past the homo thing, and to who he really is, and I still do not see Milo as a conservative warrior. He is a provocateur and a self-promoter. In this way he is a little like Trump himself.

Milo's real attraction is that he gets in the face of the left and attempts to shock and shame the PC culture. He entertains us and validates certain things we believe. But, is Milo a real conservative? I have never heard him dedicate as much energy to tax reform and national security as he does to creating clever and ironic ways to poke fun at the PC left. This does not mean that he does not share these views with us. But it does mean that he has a media niche that he created and that he was very successful with.

So, in my judgment, losing Milo is not that big a deal. He knows what he was doing. He was pushing the envelope, and he went too far. That is the problem with a provocateur: in order to stay fresh they have to keep stepping over lines. In my opinion, he crossed the line in this instance.

I will hand it to Milo in this regard: he promptly resigned from Breitbart and did so with class. I also think that his publisher went way too far in pulling his book. Milo may have legal recourse for this, or not. I would of preferred that he kept his book deal and allow the market to decide if he still needs to be heard.
Other than Milo's outspoken fagotry, I really admire the guy.

But his fagotry is part of what allowed him to disarm his opposition. Cant really argue with success, and he will be back much stronger than before as all this has introduced the mans name to more and more people and brought in a huge audience for the guy.

He is now much bigger than Shapiro or McInnis.

"You don’t understand paedophilia is, if you think I am defending it. Cause I am certainly not.”
Absolutely. He's defending sexual relations between 13 or 14 year olds and adults.
So were liberals all over social media in 2014 when they were justifying why Harvey Milk deserved to be honored with a commemorative stamp after molesting 13/14 year old boys.

Gee, for someone who did no wrong he is certainly getting a royal fucking over from the Right. Kicked out of CPAC,
forced out of Breitbart.

I agree, and it's mostly the NeverTrump/Evan McMullin crowd.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with him being uninvited to CPAC... I kind of wonder who/how he got invited in the first place... kinda looks like a bit of a set up to me... but they are a private group who can invite who they want. Losing his job and book deal is over the top and unreasonable. These interviews and videos have been online for more than a year. This wasn't some new revelation that just leaked out. Someone intentionally put together a very orchestrated hit campaign against him. It's no different than the tactics we see from the sleazy left all the time.

And don't put words in my mouth.. I never said he "did no wrong" ...he even admitted he was wrong.

Forum List

Back