Mill's Tops Lerner

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
This report had me puzzled for several days:

A senior aide to Hillary Clinton when she served as secretary of State briefly walked out of an interview with federal investigators when an FBI official began to discuss a topic considered off-limits, The Washington Post reported on Tuesday.

Cheryl Mills, Clinton's former State Department chief of staff, and her lawyer both returned to the interview room a short time later, according to the newspaper, citing several unidentified people.​

Clinton aide reported to have walked out of FBI interview
By Julian Hattem - 05/10/16 03:26 PM EDT

Clinton aide reported to have walked out of FBI interview

I could not figure out how a witness got to decide which questions she would answer. I am an average bumpkin; so I always thought a witness clams up, or they answer all the questions. There is no in-between. Apparently I was wrong.

I read several reports about Cheryl Mills skipping out on the FBI since the story broke. I never read a word about Mills invoking the Fifth Amendment. It appears that she did not have to. I finally figured out that Mills got her talking points in without actually invoking the Fifth —— as Lois Lerner did to a congressional committee:

I thought no one has to answer a question unless ordered to by a judge or in a sworn deposition.

I thought no one has to answer a question unless ordered to by a judge or in a sworn deposition.
To JakeStarkey: As far as I know, they do have to if they agree to answer beforehand. I believe that was the case with Mill’s.

Not even a judge can make anyone answer questions if they first invoke their Fifth Amendment protection. A grant of immunity is mixed in there somewhere, too. Once again, as far as I know —— Mills was not given immunity.

Bottom line: Expert investigators always know the answers to the questions they ask. That makes me think FBI interrogators were having a little fun with Mill’s. I think they cracked up with laughter when she walked out. More so when Mill’s and her lawyer hurried back after realizing they had been had.

Flanders wants to throw her in the water to see if she floats.
To TheOldSchool: It does not take Clarence Darrow to know they are all sinking faster than a bag of rocks. Their only lifeboat is to roll over on Hillary before it gets too late to cut a deal. She sure as hell will throw them overboard to save herself once she sees that winning the election is the only out she has. The chance of her winning is slim and Slim just left town.
There are usually restrictions in deals that involve questionig.
To william the wei: Hardly favorable to the criminal when the FBI holds all of the cards.

No one is rolling over Clinton, and their will be no indictment.
Jake, I need you to give me some advice on the stock market.
Because I have done well, does not mean you will.

I agree a Clinton indictment would be a monster development but believe it is likely as protectionist ever being right.

It depends on what happens in the high yield muni market. With IL as the most likely to default prior to the election because the state government can't make up its mind about what to do being the big worry.. That is a lower probability outcome than the state legislature going into panic mode and setting off massive tax and job flight with some half-assed solution.and state bond yields going into double digit yields. What politicians tend to forget is that banking and stocks are the smallest financial markets. Bonds, commodities, real estate and FOREX are much bigger markets.

If IL screws up the bond and commodities markets it will make the meltdown look like a picnic. At which point impeachment of everyone in the Obama administration so they can go directly to jail is pretty much of a given. However after the election the Rs can blame the Ds since IL is a blues state and the D legislature is the major malfunction Even if Hillary wins the election she will probably go to jail as a 1930 style election sweep comes up against her.

To william the wei: Hardly favorable to the criminal when the FBI holds all of the cards.
I never saw this card coming:

Section 9 of the U.S. Constitution forbids office holders from accepting anything of value from a foreign state, yet husband Bill Clinton collected $1 million from the Abu Dhabi government while Hillary was secretary of state.

XXXXX

Bill and Hillary both studied law at Yale University and they presumably took a course on constitutional law. Also, Obama taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago. Yet Bill was allowed to brazenly accept large speaking fees from a foreign government where Hillary also stood to benefit.

May 16, 2016
The FBI may be looking at a violation of the Constitution in their Hillary investigation
By Richard Henry Lee

Blog: The FBI may be looking at a violation of the Constitution in their Hillary investigation

If they violated the Constitution, let Sanders step in. I will still vote for Johnson

Forum List

Back