Millions should cancel their medical insurance and pay out of pocket!

merrill

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2011
We need to remember the medical insurance industry was very much involved in writing the new Obamacare. Obamacare was written for the medical insurance industry. So is the high dollar return to status quo that repubs favor.

Bill Moyers Journal: Bill Moyers & Michael Winship: In Washington, Revolving Doors are Bad for Your Health

Does the medical insurance industry provide healthcare? Hell no just a grand opportunity to make huge profits at your expense!

The USA does not need the medical insurance industry aka the middleman profiteer. How are YOUR insurance dollars spent:

1. High dollar CEO pay packages
2. Golden parachutes
3. shareholders
4. campaign contributions
5. this industry has 6 lobbyists per elected official = expensive mouth pieces
Bill Moyers Journal: Bill Moyers & Michael Winship: In Washington, Revolving Doors are Bad for Your Health
6. maybe a corp jet = high dollar maintenace
7. misinformation campaigns @ $1.4 million a day (Former Lawmakers and Congressional Staffers Hired to Lobby on Health Care

Let’s say millions cancel their insurance and begin paying out of pocket. Consumers would save tons of money. Cancel your medical insurance today. The industry is simply corrupt.

Healthy humans seldom spend what they pay out to the insurance industry! If millions dropped their policies not only would they save thousands of dollars annually the insurance industry would faint in disbelief that this many people actually are awake and give a damn.

Paying out of pocket will save thousands of dollars a year. Do medical insurance companies provide health care? NO! Invest smart instead of supporting high rollin executives and shareholders.

Set up a health care investment account or annuity in a credit union or with Consumer Reports. An account that makes YOU money instead of wealthy CEO's. Your health care annuity will NOT cancel out on when the poop hits fan.

AGAIN Healthy humans seldom spend what they pay out to the insurance industry!

Why support high rollin executives and shareholders because of your misfortune aka becoming ill or needing surgery?

Most consumers are under-insured = candidate for bankruptcy. Most coverage WILL NOT stick with consumers when the going gets tough = fraud.

I have always paid for my medical out of pocket. Then I got a medical credit card. You would be surprised at what you pay when it's cash.

I have always paid for my medical out of pocket. Then I got a medical credit card. You would be surprised at what you pay when it's cash.

Absolutely.

Investing in conventional medical insurance is kind of a scam. People spend so much money likely more than one would ever spend in one year.

Paying out of pocket allows for wayyyyy more choices across the board.

People that work for insurance companies don't need a job...

The insurance industry is quite large and broad with so many ways of making money and keeping people employed. Think about how many types of insurance and investment opportunities the industry offers. It is mind blowing.

Then they have substantial interests in real estate. Think about how many tall buildings this industry owns.

If the industry goes down it will be by there own making.

Absolutely.

Investing in conventional medical insurance is kind of a scam. People spend so much money likely more than one would ever spend in one year.

On average you are absolutely correct; most people will pay more for medical insurance than they get back in care. That's how the insurance company stays in business. And saving for your own care after you have cancelled your medical insurance policy will save you a bundle, right up to the day your doctor tells you that you need a million-dollar operation to save your life, and you have only saved enough to pay for the aspirin they were going to give you after the surgery.:eek: Good financial planning strategy! You should cancel your life insurance, too; you probably won't die and leave your family destitute.:cuckoo:

Absolutely.

On average you are absolutely correct; most people will pay more for medical insurance than they get back in care. That's how the insurance company stays in business. And saving for your own care after you have cancelled your medical insurance policy will save you a bundle, right up to the day your doctor tells you that you need a million-dollar operation to save your life, and you have only saved enough to pay for the aspirin they were going to give you after the surgery.:eek: Good financial planning strategy! You should cancel your life insurance, too; you probably won't die and leave your family destitute.:cuckoo:

What's up if a person is under insured and the insurance industry refuses to pay for this
million dollar operation?

You do understand that not all policies provide for serious health problems.

The medical insurance industry favors a certain breed of client. The young and healthy who will not demand much from the industry.

Absolutely.

What's up if a person is under insured and the insurance industry refuses to pay for this
million dollar operation?

You do understand that not all policies provide for serious health problems.

I understand that you pay an insurance company to transfer the risk of unforeseen medical costs to them. The premium you pay is based upon what risks you want them to assume. If you have selected a policy that doesn't cover "serious health problems", then your premium will reflect that and you assume those risks. If you had said that you favor high deductible plans that only cover significant costs and were going to save the difference to cover more routine treatments, I would have said that was a reasonable approach. Not having health insurance at all, if you can afford it, means one of two things: a.) You are willing to accept that, if you have an expensive illness, you are just going to live (or die) with it, or b.) You're expecting the rest of us to pay for it when it happens. Option a.) is your choice, and I'll respect that; option b.) makes you a parasite.

So people should be left to die simply because they cannot afford a policy that covers everything no matter what?

A policy such as that can be quite expensive at say $15,000 - $20,000 a year.

“In front of me I have a document from my employer that shows their cost for insurance.

Medical, Dental and Vision for the year 2010 my employer will pay $15,450. I will pay another $2860 out of my pay check. $18,310 a year for insurance is ludicrous, and we wonder why so many companies are having massive layoffs. It is a real travesty that nothing is going to happen in the near future on health care.”

So people should be left to die simply because they cannot afford a policy that covers everything no matter what?

A policy such as that can be quite expensive at say $15,000 - $20,000 a year.

“In front of me I have a document from my employer that shows their cost for insurance.

Medical, Dental and Vision for the year 2010 my employer will pay $15,450. I will pay another $2860 out of my pay check. $18,310 a year for insurance is ludicrous, and we wonder why so many companies are having massive layoffs. It is a real travesty that nothing is going to happen in the near future on health care.”

I don't think I said that anywhere. What I said was not having health insurance, if you can afford it, generally means you expect someone else to pay for it. I agree that medical costs are out of control; what I'm not sure about is how much the insurance companies have to do with it. Why don't the medical providers share some of the blame for high costs of coverage? Why don't the people who don't carry insurance because they'd rather take their chances and then expect the rest of us to cover them share some of the blame? Why don't the illegal immigrants who flood the emergency rooms that we premium payers then have to cover share some of the blame? Where is the evidence that the entire problem with medical costs is the insurance companies?

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Health insurers have forced consumers to pay billions of dollars in medical bills that the insurers themselves should have paid, according to a report released yesterday by the staff of the Senate Commerce Committee.

Insurers make paperwork confusing because "they realize that people will just simply give up and not pursue it" if they think they have been shortchanged, Potter said.

More on this story:
Senate Panel Hears of ‘Raw Deal' Consumers Get From Health Insurers

====================================================
In 2009 CIGNA CEO walked away with a golden parachute = $73,000,000

The insurance industry usually pays out to the healthcare industry about 40% per invoice.

Why should the insurance industry be involved at all? Why the middleman that which provides zero health care? A system in which 30% of their cost is administration.

50% of bankruptcies are related to medical expenses by working and insured folks = what happened to the coverage?

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Health insurers have forced consumers to pay billions of dollars in medical bills that the insurers themselves should have paid, according to a report released yesterday by the staff of the Senate Commerce Committee.

Insurers make paperwork confusing because "they realize that people will just simply give up and not pursue it" if they think they have been shortchanged, Potter said.

More on this story:
Senate Panel Hears of ‘Raw Deal' Consumers Get From Health Insurers

====================================================
In 2009 CIGNA CEO walked away with a golden parachute = $73,000,000

The insurance industry usually pays out to the healthcare industry about 40% per invoice.

Why should the insurance industry be involved at all? Why the middleman that which provides zero health care? A system in which 30% of their cost is administration.

50% of bankruptcies are related to medical expenses by working and insured folks = what happened to the coverage?

Three hand picked cronies were cherry picked to testify.

AND.......................

Look at this way. If millions of those still insured would simply stop paying the ruthless medical insurance industry it would get their attention.

IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance would also get their attention. Have no fear the business world would definitely see a great advantage in allowing OUR tax dollars to cover our insurance costs 24/7. Always would be there no matter what.

Insurance industry was lobbying against medical insurance reform is at a record breaking $1.4 million health care insurance dollars a day.

These same $1.4 million health care dollars a day could supply 519 families of four full coverage medicare insurance each day this reckless spending takes place.

Is this fiscally responsible spending of health care dollars?

Also remember the healthcare lobby furnishes 6 high dollar lobbyists per elected official.

Is this fiscally responsible spending of health care dollars?

Absolutely.

When I had employees, I had two secretaries, both young and healthy. I did not provide insurance. I simply paid the bills. When they went to the doctor, which was seldom. I think one illness, one cavity and an annual pap each. I contacted the doctor, negotiated the payment and wrote a check. The girls didn't pay anything out of pocket and I saved an incredible amount of money not paying insurance premiums.

I pay my doctor a flat $50.00 for my annual exam. If I had insurance, the bill would be $800.00 that's how much insurance companies are overcharged. The doctor runs my lab work in with her ordinary office lab requests and it costs me $15.00.

Once the government got involved with mandates and tinkering the whole thing gets off the rails.

Look at this way. If millions of those still insured would simply stop paying the ruthless medical insurance industry it would get their attention.

IMPROVED Medicare Single Payer Insurance would also get their attention. Have no fear the business world would definitely see a great advantage in allowing OUR tax dollars to cover our insurance costs 24/7. Always would be there no matter what.

In that case, you will have single payer, but no doctors.

In that case, you will have single payer, but no doctors.

You make no sense.

Of course there will be doctors and plenty of them. Doctors make plenty of money so of course there will be doctors. They will accept insurance money always. Single Payer Medicare will be much more simple thus practical.

Forum List

Back