Millions out of work - a crumbling infrastructure - I have an idea!

It's funny how inconsistencies jump out at you when you go back and reread some of the posts that Rshermr made. In one he says that he taught his economics class 4 times a week. That's a bizarre schedule. All the college courses "I" ever took you met either twice a week on Tues and Thurs...or you met three times a week on Mon, Wed, and Fri. A class meeting 4 times a week would be a scheduling nightmare.

Of course that's what happens when you play fast and loose with the truth...it's hard to keep all the lies straight if you're making it up. To be blunt the more "Tommy" describes his college experience...the more I doubt he actually went to college. Undergrads teaching classes that meet four times a week? Not likely...

Last edited:
Republicans have spent trillions on Iraq and Afghanistan. During the presidential debate, Romney said we should invest in economies and schools and infrastructure overseas.

What will it take to get conservatives to want to invest in this country?
The Election is over, Obama "won".

Will Obama keep his campaign promise from 2008 and bring the troops home?

Let's see $700 Billion is Stimulus didn't work. I have an idea!

More Stimulus! :uhoh3:
So, Mad. You say the stimulus did not work. The CBO says it did. Who should I believe??? A con tool like Mad, or the CBO. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Tough choice, but my money is on the CBO.
I love when thy just lie. The stimulas did work and it kept us out of a freaking depression.

And if you REALLY believe that The New York Times makes "every effort at being unbiased" then you're as ignorant as you are dishonest.

Anyone who's head isn't firmly planted in their posterior would admit that The New York Times is fully as biased to the liberal perspective as the Wall Street Journal is biased to a conservative perspective. But you can't do that, Rshermr...because progressives like yourself LOVE to quote the Times and CALL it unbiased.
fair and balanced.

The New York Times is fair and balanced? Now that's funny, Zoom...really...

The following is from Daniel Okrent...the Public Editor for the Times:

"But if you're examining the paper's coverage of these subjects from a perspective that is neither urban nor Northeastern nor culturally seen-it-all; if you are among the groups The Times treats as strange objects to be examined on a laboratory slide (devout Catholics, gun owners, Orthodox Jews, Texans); if your value system wouldn't wear well on a composite New York Times journalist, then a walk through this paper can make you feel you're traveling in a strange and forbidding world.

Start with the editorial page, so thoroughly saturated in liberal theology that when it occasionally strays from that point of view the shocked yelps from the left overwhelm even the ceaseless rumble of disapproval from the right.

Across the gutter, the Op-Ed page editors do an evenhanded job of representing a range of views in the essays from outsiders they publish -- but you need an awfully heavy counterweight to balance a page that also bears the work of seven opinionated columnists, only two of whom could be classified as conservative (and, even then, of the conservative subspecies that supports legalization of gay unions and, in the case of William Safire, opposes some central provisions of the Patriot Act)."

That's the take of an avowed liberal, Zoom...one who works there...

Last edited:

So, Mad. You say the stimulus did not work. The CBO says it did. Who should I believe??? A con tool like Mad, or the CBO. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Tough choice, but my money is on the CBO.
I love when thy just lie. The stimulas did work and it kept us out of a freaking depression.

TARP is what kept us out of a "freaking depression"...the Stimulus was 800 billion that was supposed to create jobs...but if you divide the amount spent by the jobs created it's quite obvious that the stimulus was one of the most inefficient examples of "stimulus" in the history of stimulus. We spent a huge sum of money for very little in return.

TARP is what kept us out of a "freaking depression"...the Stimulus was 800 billion that was supposed to create jobs...but if you divide the amount spent by the jobs created it's quite obvious that the stimulus was one of the most inefficient examples of "stimulus" in the history of stimulus. We spent a huge sum of money for very little in return.

idiot. get yer head out of your ass

I'm seeing things pretty clearly, Dante.

7.8% unemployment six years after the start of this recession is still awful when you factor in all of the people who have dropped out of the system because they are so discouraged about finding work and then combine those people with the millions who are "underemployed"...technically working but having taken part time work simply to survive.

Republicans have spent trillions on Iraq and Afghanistan. During the presidential debate, Romney said we should invest in economies and schools and infrastructure overseas.

What will it take to get conservatives to want to invest in this country?

Of Course Rushermer is up to his old liberal lies again!!!! According to CBO survey on 46% of economists it worked with though it had long term positive results!!!

40 or so economists surveyed agreed with the Congressional Budget Office, known as the CBO, that the unemployment rate was lower at the end of 2010 than it would have been without the stimulus law. The survey asked a second question about whether—accounting for future costs arising from financing the stimulus with debt—its benefits would end up exceeding its costs. Here, 46 percent thought that they would and another 27 percent were uncertain, leaving only a small percentage that did not.

It's funny how inconsistencies jump out at you when you go back and reread some of the posts that Rshermr made. In one he says that he taught his economics class 4 times a week. That's a bizarre schedule. All the college courses "I" ever took you met either twice a week on Tues and Thurs...or you met three times a week on Mon, Wed, and Fri. A class meeting 4 times a week would be a scheduling nightmare.

Of course that's what happens when you play fast and loose with the truth...it's hard to keep all the lies straight if you're making it up. To be blunt the more "Tommy" describes his college experience...the more I doubt he actually went to college. Undergrads teaching classes that meet four times a week? Not likely...

just read your old post, me boy. So, let me address your attack on me. The class I worked with Clair Lillard, the professor who's class it was, was a 5 credit class. It was, in fact, taught 5 days per week. It did not, me boy, meet just 4 times per week. One day per week, it was taught by Lillard. If you can add, that makes 5 days per week. And, no, as you know, it was not "my" class. It was the class of Clair Lillard.
Now,of course, I have told you all this long ago. You know it, me boy. You are simply making up new charges, from whole cloth.
You know you are lying me boy. You also know I never lie. That is the purview of con tools like you.
Perhaps you would like to repeat your other main lie...that I did not know what the Chicago School of Economics was when you posted it. But which you never posted. And I never responded to, since you did not post it. But you did, me boy, say that thing over 100 times since your first attempt at it in 2012. That makes over 100 lies.
It is simple to check. Just do a search on the word chicago, under your monicker as the person who made the post, and you will prove you never made such a post.
Most people would feel some level of shame. But not a con tool. Because lying is what you do.

just read your old post, me boy. So, let me address your attack on me. The class I worked with Clair Lillard, the professor who's class it was, was a 5 credit class. It was, in fact, taught 5 days per week. It did not, me boy, meet just 4 times per week. One day per week, it was taught by Lillard. If you can add, that makes 5 days per week. And, no, as you know, it was not "my" class. It was the class of Clair Lillard.
Now,of course, I have told you all this long ago. You know it, me boy. You are simply making up new charges, from whole cloth.
You know you are lying me boy. You also know I never lie. That is the purview of con tools like you.
Perhaps you would like to repeat your other main lie...that I did not know what the Chicago School of Economics was when you posted it. But which you never posted. And I never responded to, since you did not post it. But you did, me boy, say that thing over 100 times since your first attempt at it in 2012. That makes over 100 lies.
It is simple to check. Just do a search on the word chicago, under your monicker as the person who made the post, and you will prove you never made such a post.
Most people would feel some level of shame. But not a con tool. Because lying is what you do.

First, I owe you an apology for not posting this when the controversy first arose. In my experience, the M-W-F and Tu-Th class schedules are pretty common for English and history departments, but much less common in math, sciences, foreign languages, and anything taught in a mass lecture format. A large number of science courses have a once per week lab, typically three continuous hours. Calculus and engineering type math courses are commonly four semester hours and meet four times a week, as do many foreign language courses. The typical way to adjust for this is to have M-Tu-Th-F classes with W labs. Mass lecture courses at major universities typically have one or two lectures a week and at least one small group session led by a graduate student each week. When there is a shortage of graduate students, seniors have been known to be dragooned into these teaching assistantship positions rather than a research position where they might screw up somebody's real research. And chemistry seniors often are hired to wash lab glassware. My #2 son as a senior was in charge of freshmen who had to watch paint dry. There is a thin line between work-study and graduate assistantships and when a department has an unexpected no-show and is worried about loosing the funding, undergraduates are often shifted from work study to the placeholder position! Happened to me as an undergrad at Central Illinois Cow College.

I'm seeing things pretty clearly, Dante.

7.8% unemployment six years after the start of this recession is still awful when you factor in all of the people who have dropped out of the system because they are so discouraged about finding work and then combine those people with the millions who are "underemployed"...technically working but having taken part time work simply to survive.

worse than the unemployment numbers are the income numbers:

Bill Clinton:
“The problem is, 80% of the American people are still living on what they were living on the day before the [2008 finnan*cial] crash. And about half the American people, after you adjust for inflation, are living on what they were living on the last day I was president 15 years ago. So that’s what’s the matter.”

Of course that's what happens when you play fast and loose with the truth...it's hard to keep all the lies straight if you're making it up. To be blunt the more "Tommy" describes his college experience...the more I doubt he actually went to college. Undergrads teaching classes that meet four times a week? Not likely...[/QUOTE]

just read your old post, me boy. So, let me address your attack on me. The class I worked with Clair Lillard, the professor who's class it was, was a 5 credit class. It was, in fact, 5 days per week. It did not, me boy, meet just 4 times per week. One day per week, it was taught by Lillard. If you can add, that makes 5 days per week. And, no, as you know, it was not "my" class. It was the class of Clair Lillard.

First, I owe you an apology for not posting this when the controversy first arose. In my experience, the M-W-F and Tu-Th class schedules are pretty common for English and history departments, but much less common in math, sciences, foreign languages, and anything taught in a mass lecture format. A large number of science courses have a once per week lab, typically three continuous hours. Calculus and engineering type math courses are commonly four semester hours and meet four times a week, as do many foreign language courses. The typical way to adjust for this is to have M-Tu-Th-F classes with W labs. Mass lecture courses at major universities typically have one or two lectures a week and at least one small group session led by a graduate student each week. When there is a shortage of graduate students, seniors have been known to be dragooned into these teaching assistantship positions rather than a research position where they might screw up somebody's real research. And chemistry seniors often are hired to wash lab glassware. My #2 son as a senior was in charge of freshmen who had to watch paint dry. There is a thin line between work-study and graduate assistantships and when a department has an unexpected no-show and is worried about loosing the funding, undergraduates are often shifted from work study to the placeholder position! Happened to me as an undergrad at Central Illinois Cow College.[/QUOTE]

No apology either asked for or required. And thanks for the reply. This is not much of a controversy, except in one persons mind. And there, that person has chosen to say I lied about it at least a hundred times since 2012. So, let me explain what the gig was:

I was an econ major and graduated in 1971. A couple of years earlier, an econ professor i had taken a couple classes from asked if I would like to participate in a program that he had set up. The Professor, Clair Lillard, had decided that there was almost nothing as boring as standing in front of a hundred plus non econ majors in his Econ 100 class and lecturing to them about basic economics. His passion was South American Economics, and he was involved with that subject pretty much year round. He set up a program called The Equador - Washingto Alliance. Went on for some years.
So Clair's program was to break up this large class into 4 classes, have students teach the class 4 days per week, and he would get together with the full class, in an auditorium, on Fridays. No big deal. To the best of my knowledge, there was never a formal program set up with the administration. If there was, Clair kept that to himself.
Now, truth be told, at this point I do not remember what I got monetarily from the exercise. I did it primarily for the experience, and because I liked Clair.
Then, the question that has been made a big deal of is why not graduate students. Which, as I have explained before, was that Clair would have undoubtedly used them, if they existed. Problem was, in 1969, there was no graduate program. The college, Central Washington State College at that time, had none. Not even sure if they do today.
To say this is a very small part of my background would be OVERSTATING the whole thing. It was a simple thing for some basically inexperienced and very young students. It taught me more than I ever taught the students, I am certain. But really, no big deal. In addition to the teaching we graded tests, and put together reports of our activities back to Clair.
I have been away from this board for a couple years, having some major health issues. They seem to have done a good job of exorcising the bad stuff, and I am fine these days. But it is nice to see you still have your oar in the water here, at least from time to time. Your voice of reason is always a good thing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back