Millions of wild pigs run amok in US

What do you use to harvest, bow, crossbow, rifle?

There is a difference between harvesting and just killing. One tends to eat the harvest....killing is a different matter entirely.
You harvest crops.

You kill fish and game.

Harvest in regard to taking life is just a euphemism for killing to make people "feel good about themselves".

Its a bullshit term.

I guess the ethical contract between you and what you kill is just bullshit also. Clearly, we were raised by different sorts of people with different views on our place in the food chain and the ethical responsibility that goes with that position and the idea of respect for what you kill.

I don't think much of trophy hunters either...myself, I only kill does..better eating and much better for the population.

i like to shoot big deer

doe or buck

In my younger days, I used to shoot bucks, but the fact is that during the rut, they just aren't fit to eat so I stopped shooting them 30 years ago.

in some areas one does not have a choice sometimes between buck or doe

not bow hunting this year been too busy

however going to southern Minnesota for the slug season

the zone we are in is either sex

i have taken some bigger bucks in the past

they have all been fine eating

then again l love venison

but a young doe is pretty darn tender & tasty

---LOL

There is a difference between harvesting and just killing. One tends to eat the harvest....killing is a different matter entirely.
You harvest crops.

You kill fish and game.

Harvest in regard to taking life is just a euphemism for killing to make people "feel good about themselves".

Its a bullshit term.

I guess the ethical contract between you and what you kill is just bullshit also. Clearly, we were raised by different sorts of people with different views on our place in the food chain and the ethical responsibility that goes with that position and the idea of respect for what you kill.

I don't think much of trophy hunters either...myself, I only kill does..better eating and much better for the population.
There is no ethical contract with feral invasive species.

You harvest crops.

You kill fish and game.

Its a bullshit term.

i like to shoot big deer

doe or buck

In my younger days, I used to shoot bucks, but the fact is that during the rut, they just aren't fit to eat so I stopped shooting them 30 years ago.

Yep,much rather have a doe. Better yet an axis.

You harvest crops.

You kill fish and game.

Its a bullshit term.

There is no ethical contract with feral invasive species.

There is a contract with anything you kill....either you are principled enough to recognize it or you are not.

Back to the OP. I am seeing news of more and more state agencies seeking hunters to remove feral pigs from parks and wild areas. There are a number of tv channels showing reports of hunters and what they face in trying to kill the critters.

SSDD, a feral hog would at you if given a chance

Would what at me? They are pigs...they do what pigs do. The only difference between a domestic pig and a feral pig is a pen. Seems like a lot of people here want to assign some malice to them, but the fact is that they are just pigs doing what pigs do. They are smart and they thrive. I shoot them just about every chance I get...what I don't do is let the meat go to waste.

Forum List

Back