Millions in Katrina Aid Wasted By FEMA

onthefence said:
What made Brown unqaulified? Go read his resume and stop watching Anderson Cooper. Brown was sufficiently qualified and has been vindicated. Seriously, watch the real news sometime.

How did a resume working with horse people give Browne qualifications to run FEMA?

And who vindicated him? The Washington Times? Drudge? Fox? :eek2:

dilloduck said:
Seriously--how many hard working, self sufficent people are still in shelters, motels, hotels and government housing ? Sorry but the NO projects are what were spread all over America. When the government decides to build new projects in NO they will move back----but wait--wouldn't it be dangerous to move people back into a town that no one can get them out of in an emergency? I mean why rely on Fema again?

Kind of a harsh pov, no?

jillian said:
How did a resume working with horse people give Browne qualifications to run FEMA?

And who vindicated him? The Washington Times? Drudge? Fox? :eek2:

Horse people? You mean the International Arabian Horse Association. Where he served as Judges and Stewards Commissioner. How about when he was an assistant city manager in Edmond, OK. Edmond is in the heart of tornado country. I know what made him qualified. He served as General Counsel of FEMA. Hired by Joe Allbaugh. He was appointed to head FEMA after two years of administration experience. Sounds like he worked his way up to me.

Vindication doesn't have to come from the media. As for him being vindicated, here is what wikipedia has to say:

Video footage of the Aug. 28 briefing, the final one before Katrina struck, showed an intense Brown voicing concerns from the government's disaster operation center and imploring colleagues to do whatever was necessary to help victims.

Also, Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, and Steven Colbert have publicly apologized for all the 'Brownie' jokes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back