Millionaire Filmmaker Michael Moore: ‘Capitalism Did Nothing For Me’

where is the actual quote Frank?

( I'm not going to hold my breath for this one)

where is the actual quote Frank?

( I'm not going to hold my breath for this one)

CNSNews.com) -- Documentary film director Michael Moore, who has become a millionaire thanks to the profits from his movies, told CNSNews.com that “capitalism did nothing” for him.

That help?

Moore said: “Well, capitalism did nothing for me, starting with my first film.You know, I had to pretty much beg, borrow and steal,” he said. “The system is not set up to help somebody from the working class make a movie like this and get the truth out there.”

here we are ...the full quote.

Moore said: “Well, capitalism did nothing for me, starting with my first film.You know, I had to pretty much beg, borrow and steal,” he said. “The system is not set up to help somebody from the working class make a movie like this and get the truth out there.”

What the fuck does he think Capitalism is?????????????

You think people just throw money at Micheal Moore because he's a fat fuck who wants to make his first film?

Holy Crap! How can he even make a film about capitalism if he doesn't know what it is!???

Thanks for correcting the record, Jay.

Don't ya' just LOVE the way people take quotes out of context to pervert the meaning of the person they're misquoting?

Obviously this guys has no idea what Capitalism is... as is the case for many across the nation I presume.

CNSNews.com - Millionaire Filmmaker Michael Moore: ‘Capitalism Did Nothing For Me’

0060763957.jpg

THE SYSTEM GOT YOUR MOVIE MADE YOUR FAT STUPID FUCK!!

I got a fishing line and bait went to the lake and it took me all day to catch some fish. Since I didn't catch a marlin I can say a la Michael Moore that fishing did nothing for me

WHAT A FUCKING MORON!

He's right. Capitalism, or should I say the entrenched apparatus that exists in most industries did not help him. First it was GM. Stands to reason they wouldn't want more of a spotlight shone on their calamitous dealings. Columbine and 911 weren't strictly corporate/capitalist but they weren't as hard hit as Sicko, which was blackballed by theatres. In fact there are only two major distribution/theatre entities in the US, and one of them is run by a weird wacko fundie. The same guy owns many many local newspapers and advertised Sicko's showings, then promptly refused to show it. People all over the country went to theatres and were told there was no such movie playing, even though it clearly said so online and in the papers. Slacker Nation was only online to view.

He's right. Capitalism, or should I say the entrenched apparatus that exists in most industries did not help him. First it was GM. Stands to reason they wouldn't want more of a spotlight shone on their calamitous dealings. Columbine and 911 weren't strictly corporate/capitalist but they weren't as hard hit as Sicko, which was blackballed by theatres. In fact there are only two major distribution/theatre entities in the US, and one of them is run by a weird wacko fundie. The same guy owns many many local newspapers and advertised Sicko's showings, then promptly refused to show it. People all over the country went to theatres and were told there was no such movie playing, even though it clearly said so online and in the papers. Slacker Nation was only online to view.

Here's a hint: make movies that don't suck and that people will actually watch!

I don't think any of his movies suck. They're documentaries so naturally they aren't entertainment per se.

Fahrenheit 911 was not a documentary. It was dishonest liberal propaganda disguised as a documentary.

Documentaries document true happenings.

Michael Moore is a worthless, lying, liberal slob.

People keep calling him a "Documentary film producer" to bolster the lie that he produces documentaries.

There's a recent thread somewhere near here in which one poster admonishes those that rejoice in the death of another human. I will be throwing a toast-a-thon party soon after I learn of Michael Moore's death, toasting repeatedly to whatever causes his death.

I don't think any of his movies suck. They're documentaries so naturally they aren't entertainment per se.

Except entertainment is what he is trying to make them (or at least Bowling For Colubine as that is his only film Ive seen in its entirety) and outright misleading is what they are. His "documentaries" are delusional, inept, clouded with bias, and lacking in any meaning objectivity. It be like me doing a documentry about sex only mentioning that you will get STDs and that you will pay a hefty sum of money for the resulting child over the course of its life while arguing that sex in its entirety is bad.

Wonder how many of this stupid ass libs are going to pay 9 bucks for a multi millionaire to lie to them saying capitalism done nothing for him other than make him rich.

If capitalism sucks, why is fatass charging people to see his crappy movies?

But the fuckin' hypocrite got the money and made his movie didn't he? Just because he had difficulty finding someone to believe in him isn't the systems fault.

Forum List

Back