Millennials outraged after baseball team advertises 'Millennial Night' with avocados, participation

I always find it amazing how my fellow baby boomers diss these kids for being kids while completely forgetting what they were like when they were kids.
They aren’t kids. They are adults.

Depends on your point of view. To me, anyone under 30 is a "kid".

Man, how totally full of shit I was when I was in my 20's.

The thing is, most of us were, but we all like to forget that and think that we were so much better than these kids now, when we really aren't.[/QUOTE
When you’re 27 with a job, you aren’t a kid. The 27 year olds today think they are owed eveything and that people should adjust to them. When I was that age I knew the rules and knew to get ahead you had to work hard.

[
When you’re 27 with a job, you aren’t a kid. The 27 year olds today think they are owed eveything and that people should adjust to them. When I was that age I knew the rules and knew to get ahead you had to work hard.
[/QUOTE]

Well, funny thing happened. They watched their parents work hard and take on two jobs, and the banks and the corporations reaped all the benefits... So don't be horribly surprised if they aren't too keen to sign up for that shit.

Everyone's fear... becoming their parents.

[

Well, funny thing happened. They watched their parents work hard and take on two jobs, and the banks and the corporations reaped all the benefits... So don't be horribly surprised if they aren't too keen to sign up for that shit.

Everyone's fear... becoming their parents.[/QUOTE]
Pretty dramatic and false.

My dad died at 56 from Lung cancer working with asbestos that big corporations told him was perfectly safe... I don't think I'm being dramatic at all.
Condolences for your father. It’s not all the big corporations fault. Corporations always have always will and always should make money.

My dad died at 56 from Lung cancer working with asbestos that big corporations told him was perfectly safe... I don't think I'm being dramatic at all.
Condolences for your father. It’s not all the big corporations fault. Corporations always have always will and always should make money.
So you are saying that it is right and kind for me to die while retreaving a pay check?

So you are saying that it is right and kind for me to die while retreaving a pay check?
You need to make your statement a little clear. Not sure what you are getting at.

Heheh. Not surprising some would be outraged, the SJW's show their true colours!

Millennials outraged after baseball team advertises 'Millennial Night' with avocados, participation ribbons and napping stations

Millennials outraged after baseball team advertises 'Millennial Night' with avocados, participation ribbons and napping stations

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – If I say lover of naps, “selfies” and participation ribbons, you would say . . . Millennials?

According to one Alabama minor league baseball team, those are the pillars of life for people born between the 1980s and early 2000s, along with avocados, craft beer and safe spaces.

In an effort to bring younger fans to the ballpark, the Montgomery Biscuits are hosting "Millennial Night" this weekend, but their advertising on social media set off an eruption of mixed feedback from the very group they’re trying to attract.

The Tampa Bay Rays’ Double-A affiliate, currently with a record of 15-11, tweeted last week: “Want free things without doing much work? Well you're in luck! Riverwalk Stadium will be millennial friendly on Saturday, July 21, with a participation ribbon giveaway just for showing up, napping and selfie stations, along with lots of avocados.”

Vice president of fan engagement, Mike Murphy, told Fox News this is just one of 70 promotions the Biscuits offer for their home games, ranging from Outdoors Night to Military Wednesdays and Autism Friendly Night.
For the win!

LMAO

I don’t know...

I went to college at 18 and held part time jobs to pay for it
I graduated at 21 and was totally self sufficient.
Got a job, an apartment, bought a car...all on my own

I realize it was easier back then, but I don’t see the effort to even try to be self sufficient. If you live with your parents, you should be socking away money to get your own place.
Instead, I see Starbucks for lattes, video games and partying with friends

View attachment 206371

Sorry, man, couldn't resist.

I see some of your point. I joined the army to pay for college, owned my first home at 25. All good stuff. (and lots of mistakes as well.) I don't know if we live in that kind of world anymore.

For instance, I could pay for UIC tuition working a min-wage job (some quarters i had to)
I paid for college making minimum wage
Can’t do that now

I think millenials got a rotten deal. Expensive college, crappy job offers when they got out. For those who didn’t go to college, hard to get a job you can support yourself on.

But I think millenials can take some of the blame. Living at home is a gravy train. They should be stacking up savings to go out on their own. They do not seem motivated

Not at the expense of their workers
We are bending over backwards to help corporations
Their “trickle down button” is broken

Last edited:
I paid for college making minimum wage
Can’t do that now

I think millenials got a rotten deal. Expensive college, crappy job offers when they got out. For those who didn’t go to college, hard to get a job you can support yourself on.

But I think millenials can take some of the blame. Living at home is a gravy train. They should be stacking up savings to go out on their own. They do not seem motivated

I think we are probably about 99% in agreement... But then again, some of the Millenials I've worked with are really good kids who are trying.

Heheh. Not surprising some would be outraged, the SJW's show their true colours!

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – If I say lover of naps, “selfies” and participation ribbons, you would say . . . Millennials?

According to one Alabama minor league baseball team, those are the pillars of life for people born between the 1980s and early 2000s, along with avocados, craft beer and safe spaces.

In an effort to bring younger fans to the ballpark, the Montgomery Biscuits are hosting "Millennial Night" this weekend, but their advertising on social media set off an eruption of mixed feedback from the very group they’re trying to attract.

The Tampa Bay Rays’ Double-A affiliate, currently with a record of 15-11, tweeted last week: “Want free things without doing much work? Well you're in luck! Riverwalk Stadium will be millennial friendly on Saturday, July 21, with a participation ribbon giveaway just for showing up, napping and selfie stations, along with lots of avocados.”

Vice president of fan engagement, Mike Murphy, told Fox News this is just one of 70 promotions the Biscuits offer for their home games, ranging from Outdoors Night to Military Wednesdays and Autism Friendly Night.

Shocking, baseball in this day and age? I though it had died out before the year 2000.

Minor league. Better than the majors...

Forum List

Back