Millennial Writer Cries at Work, Puts Mother on Speakerphone

Deplorable Yankee

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2019
DIXIE
Millennial Writer Cries at Work, Puts Mother on Speakerphone after Editor Corrects Her Spelling
BY STEPHEN GREEN JULY 15, 2019 CHAT 359 COMMENTS

How does a boss manage a worker who believes their feelings trump reality, right down to the way she "feels" about her misspelled words?
Gently. And probably badly, even though that's no fault of the boss in question.
Carol Blymire -- a "communications and public policy executive, branding consultant, professor, writer" -- took to Twitter on Friday to tell the story she overheard of a young writer, probably "in her late 20s," going over edits with her boss.
Carol Blymire

@CarolBlymire
· Jul 12, 2019
Replying to @CarolBlymire
The boss (also a woman) was giving her feedback and reviewing edits she had made on something this young woman wrote.
Carol Blymire

@CarolBlymire
They had been speaking in low tones, but their volume got louder toward the end of the conversation because the young woman was getting agitated about a particular edit.
6:22 PM - Jul 12, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
70 people are talking about this
What issue caused mentor and student such agitation and aggravation? Had the boss been needlessly cruel? Had the young writer pushed some radical agenda, and was refusing to tamp it down a bit? Hardly. They were arguing over how to spell "hamster." You know, the little furry rodents some people keep in one of those winding Habitrail cages.
Carol Blymire

Read the rest @
Millennial Writer Cries at Work, Puts Mother on Speakerphone after Editor Corrects Her Spelling

Dear lord
who knows if its true
But I wouldn't doubt it

If i had to be a professional writer I'd be on food stamps :04:
If thats part of your job maybe you should study up a lil ..maybe...a lil :auiqs.jpg:
The golden rule at work if ya make a mistake OWN UP TO IT IMMEDIATELY ...or ASAP
and just deal with it ....if someone just start handed me excuse after excuse and bu bu but .
ya guys know that excuse for everything kind of person ...yep theyre usually democrats to :badgrin:

Pffft ya know what ?youre FIRED!
:bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3:
WE"RE DOOOMED!!!!!!

How else would you spell hamster than the way it is spelled? Hampster maybe??

How else would you spell hamster than the way it is spelled? Hampster maybe??

Hampster is a misspelling commonly found on the internet.

Hampster Dance - Wikipedia

It's origin was one of the original memes.

Man early memes sucked.....

It's is usually the case that early versions of things are not as good as more polished versions.

Most "golden ages" of things we remember are usually early, but not early early.

Forum List

Back