Military Service

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
This is probably morefor the vets than anyone else, but it's a topic that has come up time and again, sometimes aimed at me sometimes not, but definitely a sore spot.

I'm not pointing any fingers, and this is directed at no individual. Time and again I see people questioning the service of military vets on message boards. I can actually accept it better from ignoramuses who have never served and their every word proves it, than I can another vet.

All of us who are vets, and claim to be, and have been on this board for any length of time know for the most part who and what each other is just from the way we talk and/or the things we say.

Whether or not we agree with each others politics, IMO, there is no reason for ANY of us to disrespect another vet's service simply for that reason. The only reason I can fathom to do so would be if a vet's service itself was OTH.

I've made it clear from the first time it ever happened ... don't want to believe me simply because you disagree with my politics? F--k off and die. I'm not putting my DD214 out here for the identity thieves, stalkers, and Lord knows who else to screw with. I don't need to wake up with the Fred Phelps across the street praying for my death.

If an alleged vet is a fraud, they prove it with their own words/ignorance to the military and while it hasn't happened recently, it HAS happened here, and it's NOT a pretty picture.

Otherwise I think we not only dishonor each other, but ourselves as well by lowering ourselves to the level of using this tact as deflection in lieu of a response to a post on a topic.

I would like to add that this does not include the inalienable right of all jarheads to call squids "squids.":badgrin:

This is probably morefor the vets than anyone else, but it's a topic that has come up time and again, sometimes aimed at me sometimes not, but definitely a sore spot.

I'm not pointing any fingers, and this is directed at no individual. Time and again I see people questioning the service of military vets on message boards. I can actually accept it better from ignoramuses who have never served and their every word proves it, than I can another vet.

All of us who are vets, and claim to be, and have been on this board for any length of time know for the most part who and what each other is just from the way we talk and/or the things we say.

Whether or not we agree with each others politics, IMO, there is no reason for ANY of us to disrespect another vet's service simply for that reason. The only reason I can fathom to do so would be if a vet's service itself was OTH.

I've made it clear from the first time it ever happened ... don't want to believe me simply because you disagree with my politics? F--k off and die. I'm not putting my DD214 out here for the identity thieves, stalkers, and Lord knows who else to screw with. I don't need to wake up with the Fred Phelps across the street praying for my death.

If an alleged vet is a fraud, they prove it with their own words/ignorance to the military and while it hasn't happened recently, it HAS happened here, and it's NOT a pretty picture.

Otherwise I think we not only dishonor each other, but ourselves as well by lowering ourselves to the level of using this tact as deflection in lieu of a response to a post on a topic.

I would like to add that this does not include the inalienable right of all jarheads to call squids "squids.":badgrin:

Have you not been paying attention? The current operating parameter is to say " for all I know you could be...." and then when confronted deny that you ever disparaged anyone's service.

Have you not been paying attention? The current operating parameter is to say " for all I know you could be...." and then when confronted deny that you ever disparaged anyone's service.

Like I said, I really don't want to make this an individual thing. For all ANY of us really know the person at the other end is Satan pulling out chains. I usually picture the ones threatening to kick my ass as lardasses who haven't seen their belt buckles since they were hanging in the closet.:badgrin:

Seriously, as I said, within the current vets on this board, we all can easily tell who and what eah other is. In that regard, we are all in the same club and have paid our dues to be here.

One other thing I did notice though ... when a certain poster came on here disparaging vets and talking about pissing on them and/or the monuments in their honor. Used to be on this board, vets would get in line to get a chunk of that ass. We'd be stumbling all over each other getting our shots in.

Some things transcend politics, IMO.

Well put, and I agree.

I might also add, that what you are concerned about seems to have been taken down to a level, that has made it a non-issue, for the most part.:thup:

Well put, and I agree.

I might also add, that what you are concerned about seems to have been taken down to a level, that has made it a non-issue, for the most part.:thup:

What actually prompted my post was something on another board. I've seen it on just about every board, mostly from people who wouldn't know what to do with a John Wayne and can of generic Spaghetti-Os if you drew 'em a picture.;)

along with your mickey mouse watch, MARINE! ;)

merry christmas from your favorite squid.

Now ya see...we know that can't be true...Marines don't know how to tell time so they wouldn't be wearing a watch....not even a digital!

Merry Christmas, swabby!

Now ya see...we know that can't be true...Marines don't know how to tell time so they wouldn't be wearing a watch....not even a digital!

Merry Christmas, swabby!

That is slander, Marines can tell time. We know when it is time to kill, when know when to kill time and we know when it is time to unfuck the cluster. We also know well the time to harrass "seaman". Further we know when it is time to explain warfighting to the Army. And we know when it is time to teach the airforce how to fly.

That is slander, Marines can tell time. We know when it is time to kill, when know when to kill time and we know when it is time to unfuck the cluster. We also know well the time to harrass "seaman". Further we know when it is time to explain warfighting to the Army. And we know when it is time to teach the airforce how to fly.

That's why every Marine carries a calendar instead of a watch!

Merry Christmas, jarhead!

armyrecruitingposter.jpg

Y'know, most squids will mention that we are all in the department of the Navy. That is true. Marines refer to it as "De mens Department".

Merry Christmas, swabby!

The Sergeant Major is correct. I wear a countdown timer only. When it hits zero, as Ben Grimm usta say....... IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME. And, of course, Doggy is a term of endearment.

So, Merry Christmas to all (Doggies, Squids, Zoomies, Jarheads, Coasties, NG's, ANG's, Scout [they at least get adult leadership] troops, and the families of course. And to all a good bite (of the turkey).
smilie_flagge13.gif

And here I thought that dude was just to try and make me take off my boots and change socks on humps.:lol:

YOUR supposed to do that to your troops ).

I reupped the last time on a battalion hump. At the end I was nearly a heat casualty. I was retching, not quite barfing and we had like half a mile to go, Corpsman grabbed me and said I needed to get in the truck, I told him there was NO damn way I was getting on the truck on a hump I reenlisted on LOL. I finished. However my last 4 humps in Okinawa I was a heat casualty every time. I passed out on two of them. Last hump I finished and as I was headed to my car I went down, MSgt told my LCpl to take my pack and lay me out. LCpl told him " No way, Gunny gets very pissed if you try and take his pack" MSgt said " I don't think he cares right now" I was conscious but unable to do anything.

What was fun was every time I was a heat casualty they tried to send me home on bed rest and I had to tell the Senior Corpsman I could not go home, cause I was in charge of Camp Services and at the time I was it, next rank down was a LCpl. Had to lie to the Chief and tell him I would stay in my office with Air Conditioning but that I couldn't go on bed rest.

LOL My Captain stopped me on one hump as a heat casualty, I was still on my feet but way gone, he grabbed my arm and told me to get in the truck, I pulled away and said no. He grabbed me again and started to take my pack off, I was to screwed up to stop him , just as well, don't think hitting a Captain would have gone over very well LOL.

They went through a lot of those bags with me on those last 4 humps. Sucks , once your a heat casualty once it is hard not to be one again. Though once out of Okinawa I didn't go down on a hump at Camp Lejeune. Of course we didn't hump every week in FSSG.

Forum List

Back