Military Service Can Open The Eyes Of The Country's "Elite"

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by NATO AIR, Feb 7, 2005.

1. NATO AIR

NATO AIR Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +282
    a liberal writes a good op-ed that is worth our time. i'm glad she stepped up and wrote this, it is a good topic for discussion.

2. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    the times are a changing!
    it used to be a sense of duty, not its seems its more of a nuisense(SP?). kind of sickening to think about it like that.
    i think, for the most part, back in the day there was a draft. now with nothing like that, its up to volunteers. but the volunteers are the ones putting it on the line so the others can sit back and look down their noses at everyone else

3. wolvie20m

wolvie20m Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Mrs. Clinton is probably more worried about what outfit she's going to wear today then our armed forces. What might you be suggesting randomly selecting college grads for service?

4. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    im am, and always will be, an advocate of mandatory service of some sort. doesnt matter what you degree is in, whose family tree your from.

5. MoltenLava

MoltenLava Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And statistics overwhemingly prove that someone bigger and meaner will take it away and kill you with it.

And as for the "elite" of this country not serving in the armed forces, I'm sure we can all be glad that Shrubbie wormed HIS way out of serving and stayed behind... to protect Texas and Arkansas, while great men like John Kerry and John McCain actually put their lives on the line, and were highly decorated for their pains.

But, of course, since Shrubbie had the audacity to call both of these men somehow "cowardly" and "not worthy of their medals", I guess it must be so. I mean, he did have a ringside seat. From 16,000 miles away.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,156
    President Bush did serve in the military. He served in the Air national guard. He volunteered to actually go to Vietnam. The fact that you libs are still focused on it is ridiculous. He served get over it. And stop trying to claim you support the troops and then pretend an entire branch of our military isnt really serving.

7. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    ?? have you nothing else to say other than that? i think CSM put out something about gun fights to which that was one of the items. it also stated that they would be beating you to death with it because your out of ammo.

yeah someone may be big enough to take it, but its not going to be you. :firing:

8. archangel

archangel Guest

Ratings:
    +0

:salute: Very astute and profound,,,also many volunteered during the Vietnam era..not all were draftees..some just wanted to serve...a lost cocept today....sad but true!

9. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    well for anythiing but putting ones self into harms way anyway.

10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    There are some still who just want to serve...otherwise the all volunteer military we have today would not even exist. It gives me great hope that we still today have young people who go into military service willingly and serve with pride and honor.