Military Recruiters, Confronted By Crowd, Leave Campus Job Fair

Darwins Friend said:
Was that my mission? No, to answer your question - I, personally did not, but the Pentagon did and they ushered in the beginning of the aerospace industry.

Were the Koreans ok with us swiping all of thier Vanadium Carbide? Were the commies after Vanadium Carbide too?

dilloduck said:
War is SUPPOSED to break your heart. Problem is---the other side hasn't stopped attacking. If and when they do I have a hunch the US will stop too.

If you define "the other side" as Islamic fundamentalist terrorists, they will probably never stop attacking.

Were the Koreans ok with us swiping all of thier Vanadium Carbide? Were the commies after Vanadium Carbide too?

The Koreans had no use for it - they were more concerned with burying cabbage and stir-frying puppies. Because they had the largest single surface mine for the stuff, discovered while digging for copper, they were paid for the material - and still are, quite handsomely.

Regarding the other side - they were still using high-speed steel to machine their tanks and Migs. Eventually, they stole that technology - just like the designs for the bomb, but we were already so far ahead of them it didn’t really matter.

Nuc said:
If you define "the other side" as Islamic fundamentalist terrorists, they will probably never stop attacking.

Then hopefully we will never stop defending ourselves---do they have Vanadium Carbide too?

I dont suppose hundreds of thousands of Communist backed North Koreans running south over the 38th parallel had a thing to do with it. It was all about the carbide....

CSM said:
I dont suppose hundreds of thousands of Communist backed North Koreans running south over the 38th parallel had a thing to do with it. It was all about the carbide....

I guess so---I hope we got our fair share ! :rolleyes:

dilloduck said:
I guess so---I hope we got our fair share ! :rolleyes:
Actually, you are being led down the garden path.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanadium

As you can see Vanadium is pretty common and we already had it and were using it as an additive.

The real reasons for the Korean War are far more complexand dont have a lot to do with Korea's natural resources.

I don’t suppose hundreds of thousands of Communist backed North Koreans running south over the 38th parallel had a thing to do with it. It was all about the carbide....

Well that’s a very ignorant statement.

Of course the invasion did - diplomatically - it gave us (and the "decent folk" of the free world) a piece of paper to justify military action, via the U.N.

But understand, they were nothing to us prior to WWII and halting the advance of any invading army, given it was/is peninsula could have been handled in the main by laying off both coasts and hammering the living shit out of the North from flat-tops and such. Hopefully, ‘Bad Hair Dude’ will trigger that exact scenario soon, so we can finally see our navy finish the job before old bastards like myself assume room temperature.

Darwins Friend said:
Well that’s a very ignorant statement.

Of course the invasion did - diplomatically - it gave us (and the "decent folk" of the free world) a piece of paper to justify military action, via the U.N.

But understand, they were nothing to us prior to WWII and halting the advance of any invading army, given it was/is peninsula could have been handled in the main by laying off both coasts and hammering the living shit out of the North from flat-tops and such. Hopefully, ‘Bad Hair Dude’ will trigger that exact scenario soon, so we can finally see our navy finish the job before old bastards like myself assume room temperature.

Would the US get ALL the vanadium carbide after we wipe out North Korea? :rolleyes:

As you can see Vanadium is pretty common and we already had it and were using it as an additive.

Vanadium is and has always been. Now try vanadium carbide ore in your Google search.

Until the advent of the jet age/super alloys and such - it wasn’t an issue. Now there are many sources for the stuff - just like coal. But economics: cost per ton of earth moved to gain the material, dictates that three locations - just 60 miles south of the DMZ still produce the purest ore on the planet.

Economics. Like most wars - like the present folly, not about inked fingers, but greased palms.

Darwins Friend said:
A swing and a miss. (again) :cry:

Try the chemical composition: 0.10C-0.56Mn-0.03Si-0.03S-0.011P-0.017Al-0.055Cr-0.084Ni-0.019Cu-0.011Mo-F for what I’m actually talking about.

:tank:

NO BLOOD FOR VANADIUM !!!!

What really gets me........is that whenever the U.S. does a military action........it's for our selfish agenda...i.e. Colonization/Imperialism.........or to rape a country of it's natural resources.........etc...........

When some country attacks us or our interests in some way, we have to analyze why they did it......and in most cases...........we get blamed for provoking them, for being too rich.....and not sharing our abundance......or that we project an evil image to the rest of the world.

We, the U.S. are the conspirator/provacateers, while the rest of the world is the helpless, blameless, that are ganged-up on by the mean old self-centered U.S..
The Democrats........seem to have embraced this mantra of bashing their own country into the ground......in order to some how win "brownie points" with the rest of the world. Basically, it's a "cow-towing" stance........that lowers the world's respect for our country........, but hey, these folks that call themselves patriots.......yet hate the very system that allows them the very freedom to bash it......they really don't get "it".

We need to work on being a better country.......and not worry about the opinions of the rest of the world. I really don't care if the French, British, or Germans........shake their fingers at us Americans...........The history of Europe is not something that should give any of those countries bragging rights to diplomatic wisdom in affairs of the world.....over our own methods.
Victimology is not only the bane of and the cause of the ethical erosions going on in America........It is applied to every third world country of the world as an excuse for their unethical/immoral bahaviors........Ruandan, Cambodian, and so many other hollacosts.
Those recruiters are just that. They are their with a message for these college students. Do you want to join or not? No one is Shang-Haiing college students.......no was is promising false dreams. The military is just that, foremost........it is an entity that protects the U.S. foremost......they train people to break, and kill things.......that's war. They also offer some paid college education too. College students are at an age of individual accountability...........they are not children.......They can say "nay" or "Yae" to recruiters.......but it must be done in a way that recognizes that these recruiters are fellow human beings, that deserve to be initially respected......unless they violate man and God's laws in their behavior.
If a college receives government money, yet denys government recruiters safe/free access to their campuses, that doesn't interfere with classes or normal functions of the college...........then it seems to me that the college has decided by their own volition to give up government money, in any form.
If students hinder the recruiters in any way, then those students should be severely disciplined........with possible expulsion. Now that's democracy in action.
That's my opinion.

Eightball said:
What really gets me........is that whenever the U.S. does a military action........it's for our selfish agenda...i.e. Colonization/Imperialism.........or to rape a country of it's natural resources.........etc...........

When some country attacks us or our interests in some way, we have to analyze why they did it......and in most cases...........we get blamed for provoking them, for being too rich.....and not sharing our abundance......or that we project an evil image to the rest of the world.

We, the U.S. are the conspirator/provacateers, while the rest of the world is the helpless, blameless, that are ganged-up on by the mean old self-centered U.S..
The Democrats........seem to have embraced this mantra of bashing their own country into the ground......in order to some how win "brownie points" with the rest of the world. Basically, it's a "cow-towing" stance........that lowers the world's respect for our country........, but hey, these folks that call themselves patriots.......yet hate the very system that allows them the very freedom to bash it......they really don't get "it".

We need to work on being a better country.......and not worry about the opinions of the rest of the world. I really don't care if the French, British, or Germans........shake their fingers at us Americans...........The history of Europe is not something that should give any of those countries bragging rights to diplomatic wisdom in affairs of the world.....over our own methods.
Victimology is not only the bane of and the cause of the ethical erosions going on in America........It is applied to every third world country of the world as an excuse for their unethical/immoral bahaviors........Ruandan, Cambodian, and so many other hollacosts.
Those recruiters are just that. They are their with a message for these college students. Do you want to join or not? No one is Shang-Haiing college students.......no was is promising false dreams. The military is just that, foremost........it is an entity that protects the U.S. foremost......they train people to break, and kill things.......that's war. They also offer some paid college education too. College students are at an age of individual accountability...........they are not children.......They can say "nay" or "Yae" to recruiters.......but it must be done in a way that recognizes that these recruiters are fellow human beings, that deserve to be initially respected......unless they violate man and God's laws in their behavior.
If a college receives government money, yet denys government recruiters safe/free access to their campuses, that doesn't interfere with classes or normal functions of the college...........then it seems to me that the college has decided by their own volition to give up government money, in any form.
If students hinder the recruiters in any way, then those students should be severely disciplined........with possible expulsion. Now that's democracy in action.
That's my opinion.

:clap:

Forum List

Back