Warrior102

Gold Member
May 22, 2011
"When I joined the military it was illegal to be homosexual,

then it became optional

and now it's legal.

I'm getting out before they make it mandatory."

GySgt Harry Berres, USMC

so why this big deal over this? you know gays have served since the beginning of time....spartans encouraged male on male bonding....etc and so forth

so why this big deal over this? you know gays have served since the beginning of time....spartans encouraged male on male bonding....etc and so forth

Spartans encouraged male on male bonding? why?:confused:

males were removed from their homes at around 5ish.....given to a male mentor....why?
to encourage bonding.....the idea being you would fight harder due to protecting men you had bonded with....homosexuality was the norm, spartans were considered the greatest warriors etc....

matter of fact.....athens voted to go to war far more often than sparta

males were removed from their homes at around 5ish.....given to a male mentor....why?
to encourage bonding.....the idea being you would fight harder due to protecting men you had bonded with....homosexuality was the norm, spartans were considered the greatest warriors etc....

It's not a big deal (gays in the military), to me. I could personally care less. It was a quote from a Gunny Sgt. that I found funny - knowing many a crusty old Gunnery Sgts. Those who have served find the humor in this. That's what it was meant to be - humor.

:eek:

The difference is that Homosexuals that served before did not announce their sexuality, did not make it an issue in a male dominated environment. The current crop are more interested in being gay then being soldiers. THAT is the difference.

Forum List

Back