Military Photos

o4b86d5889ffdpm33i96q.jpg

Thor’s Hammer, 4 120mm rounds in 10 seconds

JASSMs in The Bone. Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missiles being loaded onto one of the rotary launchers of a B-1B. It can carry 24 JASSMs total in it's three bays, and was one of the weapons used in the recent cruise missile strike in Syria.

ZZwjJ52.jpg

One is enough for a light-weight trainer.

My point wasn't about the amount of power. It was about safety and better training. Not if but when this aircraft has an engine failure, that's the end of that light-weight trainer with possible injury or death of people on the ground. A young pilot trained on the complexity of two engines is trained at a higher level and will transition to other aircraft better.

I had a catastrophic engine failure in a T-38. I was able land my student and my aircraft safely with the remaining engine. Had there only been one engine, we both would have ejected. 60% of all ejections result in some sort of injury. The aircraft could have crashed into property or people or both. Think of all the of F-16s that have crashed since the 70's due to their single engine failing. Mainly the earlier versions.

Crash rate much higher in '80s, '90s
The current crash rate remains lower than that seen during the 1980s and 1990s. In the late 1990s and the early part of this decade, engine problems caused the number of F-16 Class A crashes to spike to as many as 18 in one year.

Air Force: F-16 crashes up due to human error

You are right. It has enough power. From a single source.

This poor old girl is worn out:

iu

You could instead buy something new, like the high-tech indigenously designed fighter from Iran called the Sa'eqeh.

MTmzCwy.jpg

You could instead buy something new, like the high-tech indigenously designed fighter from Iran called the Sa'eqeh.

MTmzCwy.jpg

Something is vaguely familiar about that jet. Can't quite put my finger on it. Hmmm.

That's because it's partially hiding the new Stealthy Fighter they have. IF you squint just right, use your imagination, drink heavily, you too, can see it.

Forum List

Back