Military Photos

1023p-plane-crash-101-ktla-3.jpg

Not a ME109 as reported. Looks more like FW190
WWII Nazi Plane Crashes in Flames on Highway 101 in the Valley

"Nazi Plane Up in Flames on L.A. Freeway"

I've been flying for 46 years and I never realized aircraft held political beliefs.

Press release from The Condor Squadron:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

At approximately 13:45 this afternoon, one of our North American AT-6/SNJ aircraft was involved in an emergency landing on the 101 freeway following an engine failure.

The pilot, Rob Sandberg, was uninjured in the incident, and avoided all vehicular traffic, property, and people on the surface. The aircraft itself was badly damaged.

In the interest of furthering aviation safety, The Condor Squadron of Van Nuys is fully and openly cooperating with the

NTSB and FAA in investigating the cause of this mechanical failure, and will share any information as it becomes available.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank the Lost Hills Sheriffs Station, California Highway Patrol, Ventura County

Fire Department, CalTrans, and all First Responders for their tireless efforts this afternoon.

Chris Rushing

President

Condor Squadron Home page

Last edited:
Hah you're right I glanced and thought it had two superstructures. That's a Wasp class LHD with F-35s on the deck.

And another view of USS America, without helos on deck instead of F-35 squadron. Trailing her is a Burke destroyer, San Antonio class LPD, Freedom class LCS, and a Tico cruiser.

160624-N-VR008-702.jpg

Forum List

Back