Military Personnel Fighting In Mosul Are Switching To Black Uniforms

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
My God! Field commanders are finally being given the freedom to make common sense decisions!

C6dG2QIWQAA1FEK.jpg:large

So, what's the big deal? It means they can no longer walk around with targets on their back for obviously being Americans. They can blend in with the Iraqi troops and make it harder for the jihadists to single them out.

I think this is clearly fallout from Secretary Mattis' style of leadership.

More of the story with more images @ Military Personnel Fighting In Mosul Are Switching To Black Uniforms

My God! Field commanders are finally being given the freedom to make common sense decisions!

C6dG2QIWQAA1FEK.jpg:large

So, what's the big deal? It means they can no longer walk around with targets on their back for obviously being Americans. They can blend in with the Iraqi troops and make it harder for the jihadists to single them out.

I think this is clearly fallout from Secretary Mattis' style of leadership.

More of the story with more images @ Military Personnel Fighting In Mosul Are Switching To Black Uniforms
Obama handcuffed our troops assuring failure. Finally we have common-sense back in the ROEs.

Yeah... Cuz black blends in so well with... well... not much. Except Iraqis... Perhaps the Iraqis should consider changing their uniforms...

First off, only Iraqi special forces wear black uniforms. I also think this is bullshit, but whatever.

How is this common sense either way though? IS militants don't care whether they are shooting down Iraqis or Americans. Black uniforms only make sense for night operations, and you want camo that blends in with the horizon. In the case of Mosul, that means beige or brownish-grey uniforms are ideal.

The OP is applauding an idiotic move that probably didn't actually happen.

Yeah... Cuz black blends in so well with... well... not much. Except Iraqis... Perhaps the Iraqis should consider changing their uniforms...

Only Iraqi Special Forces wear black uniforms. This is fake news.

First off, only Iraqi special forces wear black uniforms. I also think this is bullshit, but whatever.

How is this common sense either way though? IS militants don't care whether they are shooting down Iraqis or Americans. Black uniforms only make sense for night operations, and you want camo that blends in with the horizon. In the case of Mosul, that means beige or brownish-grey uniforms are ideal.

The OP is applauding an idiotic move that probably didn't actually happen.

/----- it means the commanders can make decisions without the bumbling stumbling Obozo second guessing everything. Thanks for asking

I get it, I think. U.S. Military operatives get to walk down a street carrying fifty pounds of ammunition and U.S. electronic gadgets but since they are wearing Black they won't be identified as U.S. Military. I wonder if the CIA SEAL snipers on the rooftops get the word when the shit hits the fan.

I get it, I think. U.S. Military operatives get to walk down a street carrying fifty pounds of ammunition and U.S. electronic gadgets but since they are wearing Black they won't be identified as U.S. Military. I wonder if the CIA SEAL snipers on the rooftops get the word when the shit hits the fan.

OI also wonder about the bright American flags on the sniper's back and helmet. Are those to provide aim points for ISIS to use?

Black in the daytime is about as effective as fluorescent orange.

OI also wonder about the bright American flags on the sniper's back and helmet. Are those to provide aim points for ISIS to use?

I think regulations say our men's uniforms MUST show the American flag.

Not that I have seen.

Also, the ones in combat zones are not red, white and blue.

Not that I have seen.

Also, the ones in combat zones are not red, white and blue.

Right. All patches and badges subdued. Forgot.

New Topics

Forum List

Back