Military Oathtakers

eots

no fly list
Jan 6, 2007
IN TH HEARTS AND MINDS OF FREE MEN
OATH KEEPERS:

Military, Veterans, and peace officers who will honor their oaths to defend the Constitution, will NOT “just follow orders,” will stand for liberty, and will save the Republic, so help us God. Our motto is:

"Not on Our Watch!"

"The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them. The fate of unborn Millions will now depend, under God, on the Courage and Conduct of this army" - Gen. George Washington, to his troops before the battle of Long Island

Such a time is near at hand again. The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the Courage and Conduct of this Army - and this Marine Corps, This Air Force, This Navy and the National Guard units of these sovereign states.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, peace officers, and veterans who swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic … and meant it.

Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and that oath will be kept. We won’t “just follow orders."

Below is our declaration of orders we will NOT obey because we will consider them unconstitutional (and thus unlawful) and immoral violations of the natural rights of the people. Such orders would be acts of war against the American people by their own government, and thus acts of treason. We will not make war against our own people. We will not commit treason. We will defend the Republic.

Declaration of Orders We Will NOT Obey

Recognizing that we each swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and affirming that we are guardians of the Republic, of the principles in our Declaration of Independence, and of the rights of our people, we affirm and declare the following:

1. We will NOT obey any order to disarm the American people.

The attempt to disarm the people on April 19, 1775 was the spark of open conflict in the American Revolution. That vile attempt was an act of war, and the American people fought back in justified, righteous self-defense of their natural rights. Any such order today would also be an act of war against the American people, and thus an act of treason. We will not make war on our own people, and we will not commit treason by obeying any such treasonous order.

Nor will we assist, or support any such attempt to disarm the people by other government entities, either state or federal.

Oath Keepers: Oath Keepers: Orders We Will Not Obey

Interesting site. The ideal is correct. We DO swear an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the US, not its politicians. Further, carrying out an unlawful order is unlawful in and of itself, and it is the duty of every servicemember from all services to refuse to obey such and order and report such an unlawful order immediately.

That said, I seem to vaguely recall some rule or law that while in the US Armed Forces, servicemembers could not swear an oath of allegience to any organization that would supersede the oath of enlistment.

Where this comes into play is, just where do you draw the line between politicians and the Constitution? The Constitution, in particular the 10th Amendment, is violated daily by the Fed. Who employs the military? The Fed.

I'm impressed, eots, that you actually came up with something interesting to discuss.

"I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

That's the oath I took on becoming a letter carrier for the USPS. Pretty sure it's the same oath for anyone in govt service.

"I, ________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God."

That's the oath I took on becoming a letter carrier for the USPS. Pretty sure it's the same oath for anyone in govt service.

Close. Oath of Enlistment for US Armed Forces:

"I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

So if the Constitution and President conflict ...

Talk of revolution is interesting but unnecessary.....what is necessary is to vote the proper peeps into office.

Talk of revolution is interesting but unnecessary.....what is necessary is to vote the proper peeps into office.

You would be wrong, if a current Congress or President or Judges cause to come about illegal unconstitutional laws or orders one will have to decide at that MOMENT what to do. There can be no waiting for another election and hoping that a new crop will rectify the problem. Because in the mean time they would be carrying out those illegal orders or laws.

Any attempt to disarm the American people with out the repel of the Second Amendment is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Any Law that illegally bans weapons sales or possession is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. In fact the Brady act was Unconstitutional but no one was willing to fight it because it left standing means to get around the ban and no provision for seizure of existing weapons.

If this Administration and this Congress thinks it can slip in these provisions by making more out of the latest murders they will discover THIS time we will not sit by and watch the Government remove our legal and Constitutional rights.

This site in fact may help prevent any such attempt simply by existing and scaring the dumb asses that would try to seize weapons from making the attempt.

Of course it could work the other way as well and embolden the powers that be if they think there is not enough support for this idea.

Our rights are clear the Supreme Court has made 2 Decisions that spell out our protection under the Second Amendment. In 1939 it declared that a weapon MUST be of use and of a type the Military would find useful to be protected by the 2nd Amendment. And just recently the Court held that IN FACT the 2nd Amendment is a PERSONAL protection. Not a collective one.

Now where is that idiot Editec to claim we are all gun queers and cowards?

Fuck the lying politicians in Washington, the constitution is waaaaaay more important. If/when I take the oath I will refuse any order that is contradictory to the constitution. I love this country and what it stands for, not those lying assholes in DC. :evil:

You would be wrong, if a current Congress or President or Judges cause to come about illegal unconstitutional laws or orders one will have to decide at that MOMENT what to do. There can be no waiting for another election and hoping that a new crop will rectify the problem. Because in the mean time they would be carrying out those illegal orders or laws.

Any attempt to disarm the American people with out the repel of the Second Amendment is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. Any Law that illegally bans weapons sales or possession is UNCONSTITUTIONAL. In fact the Brady act was Unconstitutional but no one was willing to fight it because it left standing means to get around the ban and no provision for seizure of existing weapons.

If this Administration and this Congress thinks it can slip in these provisions by making more out of the latest murders they will discover THIS time we will not sit by and watch the Government remove our legal and Constitutional rights.

This site in fact may help prevent any such attempt simply by existing and scaring the dumb asses that would try to seize weapons from making the attempt.

Of course it could work the other way as well and embolden the powers that be if they think there is not enough support for this idea.

Our rights are clear the Supreme Court has made 2 Decisions that spell out our protection under the Second Amendment. In 1939 it declared that a weapon MUST be of use and of a type the Military would find useful to be protected by the 2nd Amendment. And just recently the Court held that IN FACT the 2nd Amendment is a PERSONAL protection. Not a collective one.

Good points.

Fuck the lying politicians in Washington, the constitution is waaaaaay more important. If/when I take the oath I will refuse any order that is contradictory to the constitution. I love this country and what it stands for, not those lying assholes in DC. :evil:

You need to think long and hard about what you are saying. Those lying assholes in DC have integrated themselves into the Constitution, in violation of the Constitution itself at times, slipping through loopholes at other times.

I'm curious as to where exactly one draws the line between the Constitution and the government when the government has done all it can to erase the line.

You need to think long and hard about what you are saying. Those lying assholes in DC have integrated themselves into the Constitution, in violation of the Constitution itself at times, slipping through loopholes at other times.

I'm curious as to where exactly one draws the line between the Constitution and the government when the government has done all it can to erase the line.

I would go to prison proudly for my principles. I know what America is supposed to stand for, I think we're on the same page as far as what I'm saying. I would happily martyr myself to be on the right side of an issue. I'm just that stubborn and American! Grrrrr!!!! :evil:

I have no problem with your first two paragraphs....but worrying about us being disarned reminds me of the libs worrying about being wiretapped and sent to Gitmo.....sure there are assholes in DC...but thank the Lord...not enough of them to be THAT stupid????

Interesting site. The ideal is correct. We DO swear an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the US, not its politicians. Further, carrying out an unlawful order is unlawful in and of itself, and it is the duty of every servicemember from all services to refuse to obey such and order and report such an unlawful order immediately.

That said, I seem to vaguely recall some rule or law that while in the US Armed Forces, servicemembers could not swear an oath of allegience to any organization that would supersede the oath of enlistment.

Where this comes into play is, just where do you draw the line between politicians and the Constitution? The Constitution, in particular the 10th Amendment, is violated daily by the Fed. Who employs the military? The Fed.

I'm impressed, eots, that you actually came up with something interesting to discus.

yes Sir !.. ..thank you..Sir !

Last edited:

I'm impressed, eots, that you actually came up with something interesting to discus.

why do you thank him by insulting him?
he EARNED those stripes

;)

he EARNED those stripes

;)

wtf ???..what do you not think I am sincere...now your just looking for trouble boy...
what part was insulting the Sir or the thank you........what a dickwad

Last edited:
he EARNED those stripes

;)

wtf ???..what do you not think I am sincere...now your just looking for trouble boy...

No. Your post was very ambiguous. The response could have been taken as derisive or as being in accord with military traditions. I didn't know if you were mocking or simply giving a response such as might have been given in a military context so don't jump on DiveCon. Sometimes text is extremely ambiguous, we think others know what we mean but we fail to realise that sometimes that isn't the case.

he EARNED those stripes

;)

No. Your post was very ambiguous. The response could have been taken as derisive or as being in accord with military traditions. I didn't know if you were mocking or simply giving a response such as might have been given in a military context so don't jump on DiveCon. Sometimes text is extremely ambiguous, we think others know what we mean but we fail to realise that sometimes that isn't the case.

bet ya dollar gunny got it...he is a little sharper than some ot tools in the shed.....
and just in case this is a little to... ambiguous for you...I am mainly referring to divecon..but I will throw you in for good measure..........mate

Last edited:
Who are the bad guys ya'll will start shooting first, folks?

The liberal or the conservative neighbors who live next door to you, and who are being as screwed by this system as badly as YOU ARE?!

Do you really know the names of the masters and what crimes they've been commiting against our nation?

I mean really do you honestly know who is in charge and how they manipulate the nation to serve them at YOUR EXPENSE?

I don't think you do. I doubt I do, either.

I don't thinkany of us really ever will know because that's how POWER really works!

We are NOT in a position to KNOW.

The media is feeding us half truthes, and outright lies. Hell the media is being fed lies, and it takes no media conspiracy to make THAT happen.

But here's a couple clues for you all to ponder.

1. Plastering your car's with SUPPORT OUR TROOPS bumper stickers is NOT supporting the troops.

2. Buying extra guns and ammo is NOT defending the constitution.

3. THE POOR, the MIDDLE CLASS and even the WELL OFF, that means any other poor schmuch who WORKS for a living can NOT be the people who SCREWED your nation, folks.

That exactly why I refuse to participate in any revolution I am not leading, folks.

I don't trust the left or the right or the middle or the upside-down, or the inside OUT parties, either.

American could have a civil war, but I promise you it won't help one fucking bit.

All we'll end up with is a tryanny either modeled on some left leaning blather or some right leaning blather, folks.

The miserable long haul solution for American is POLTICAL and there are NO NATIONAL PARTIES any of us can trust.

The civil war some of you long for is a path leading to disaster for this nation and the people most of you pretend to love (but most obviously don't).

Every party I see is is nothing but a bunch of lying stupifyingly arrogant elites leading the terminally STUPID down a path that leads to then nowhere but MORE-OF-SAMEVILLE

I would DEARLY love to be a partisan of SOMETHING I could believe in.

Show me that party, folks.

As far as I can tell it just doesn't exist.

Who are the bad guys ya'll will start shooting first, folks?

The liberal or the conservative neighbors who live next door to you, and who are being as screwed by this system as badly as YOU ARE?!

Do you really know the names of the masters and what crimes they've been commiting against our nation?

I mean really do you honestly know who is in charge and how they manipulate the nation to serve them at YOUR EXPENSE?

I don't think you do. I doubt I do, either.

I don't thinkany of us really ever will know because that's how POWER really works!

We are NOT in a position to KNOW.

The media is feeding us half truthes, and outright lies. Hell the media is being fed lies, and it takes no media conspiracy to make THAT happen.

But here's a couple clues for you all to ponder.

1. Plastering your car's with SUPPORT OUR TROOPS bumper stickers is NOT supporting the troops.

2. Buying extra guns and ammo is NOT defending the constitution.

3. THE POOR, the MIDDLE CLASS and even the WELL OFF, that means any other poor schmuch who WORKS for a living can NOT be the people who SCREWED your nation, folks.

That exactly why I refuse to participate in any revolution I am not leading, folks.

I don't trust the left or the right or the middle or the upside-down, or the inside OUT parties, either.

American could have a civil war, but I promise you it won't help one fucking bit.

All we'll end up with is a tryanny either modeled on some left leaning blather or some right leaning blather, folks.

The miserable long haul solution for American is POLTICAL and there are NO NATIONAL PARTIES any of us can trust.

The civil war some of you long for is a path leading to disaster for this nation and the people most of you pretend to love (but most obviously don't).

Every party I see is is nothing but a bunch of lying stupifyingly arrogant elites leading the terminally STUPID down a path that leads to then nowhere but MORE-OF-SAMEVILLE

I would DEARLY love to be a partisan of SOMETHING I could believe in.

Show me that party, folks.

As far as I can tell it just doesn't exist.

its simply really who ever comes to take guns..thats who you shoot...

Forum List

Back