Military, Government, Architects, Engineers, Scientists, DON'T believe 9/11 story

Major Erik Kleinsmith, U.S. Army – Former Chief of Intelligence, Land Information Warfare Activity (LIWA). Awarded Meritorious Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, and the National Defense Service Medal. 14-year Army career. Currently Project Manager for Intelligence Analytical Training, Lockheed Martin Company.

Testimony before the Senate Judiciary Committee 9/21/05: "Mr. KLEINSMITH: From March 1999 until February of 2001, I was an active duty Army Major and the Chief of Intelligence of the Land Information Warfare Activity. ...

In December of 1999, we were approached by U.S. Special Operations Command to support Able Danger. ... In the months that followed, we were able to collect an immense amount of data for analysis that allowed us to map Al Qaeda as a worldwide threat with a surprisingly significant presence within the United States.

In approximately April of 2000, from my recollections, our support to Able Danger became severely restricted and ultimately shut down due to intelligence oversight concerns. ... I, along with one of my analysts, Chief Warrant Officer 3 Terri Stephens, were forced to destroy all data, charts, and other analytical products that we had not already passed on to SOCOM-related Able Danger. ...

Chairman Arlen SPECTER: Are you in a position to evaluate the credibility of Captain Phillpott, Colonel Shaffer, Mr. Westphal, Ms. Preisser, or Mr. J.D. Smith, as to their credibility when they say they saw Mohammed Atta on the chart?

Mr. KLEINSMITH: Yes, sir. I believe them implicitly from the time that I had worked with all of them, and everyone you had mentioned was part and I had contact with during this time. I cannot—

Chairman SPECTER: You had contact with all of them?

Mr. KLEINSMITH: Yes, sir. I cannot corroborate them completely and say that, yes, they saw it, because I myself do not remember seeing either a picture or his name on any charts, but I believe them implicitly. When they say they do, I believe them."

Jonathan H. Cole, BS CE, PE – Licensed Professional Civil Engineer, States of Connecticut, Florida, and New Hampshire. Over 28 years experience in civil engineering and construction management, including building, bridge, utility and infrastructure design.

"There is so much evidence that has yet to be 'debunked' or explained by the 'official story'.

The initial antenna drop in WTC 1 before the perimeter walls drop, accelerating into the path of most resistance, the concrete dust analysis and energy it took to make it, why the corners of the towers did not collapse at the same rate as the floors, the cut up core columns at ground zero, the lack of any photographic evidence whatsoever of any 'pancaked' floors, the time it took to collapse, the energy needed to throw steel hundreds of feet, the squibs well below the collapse wave, and of course the collapse of WTC 7.

Until such time that all this can be clearly explained without the use of explosives, I will throw my lot with fundamental laws of physics rather then the 'official story' which defies those laws."

James D. Smith – Former Able Danger Program Manager for Orion Scientific Systems, a Department of Defense contractor. Previously at Orion, managed and performed criminal intelligence support activities within the Gulf States Initiative (GSI) Program – a joint federal (U.S. Army and National Guard) and multi-state project (Alabama, Louisiana, Georgia and Mississippi).

Testimony before the House Armed Services Committee 2/15/06: Regarding the Able Danger data mining program.

Mr. SMITH: "I have recollection of a visual chart that identified associations of known terrorist Omar Abdul Rahman, within the New York City geographic area and the name of that particular chart escapes me, but it was -- we called the Brooklyn Cell.

Mohammed Atta's picture, an association of Rahman, was on the chart. ... Several of these charts addressing multiple topics were retained by me and turned over to Representative Curt Weldon. ... I have direct recollection of the chart because I had a copy up until 2004. ...

At the time, after 9/11 when the pictures were released in newspapers and I did the compare on the chart, when I saw his picture there, I was extremely elated and, to anyone that would listen to me, I showed them the chart that was in my possession.

Rep. Curt WELDON: Mr. Smith, one of the [9/11] commissioners stated publicly after the story ran in the New York Times, that you couldn't have had the photograph, because he didn't have a driver's license. Would you comment on where you got the photograph from?

Mr. SMITH: We were getting the information from Arab sources through Los Angeles. We were able to get a lot of inside Arabic information. ...

Rep. WELDON: Did anyone from the 9/11 Commission staff ever talk to you, Mr. Smith?

Mr. SMITH: No, sir. ...

Rep. WELDON: How sure are you that it was Mohammed Atta's name and picture?

Mr. SMITH: I'm absolutely certain. I used to look at it every morning.

Rep. WELDON: You looked at it every morning. So it wasn't a one time deal?

Mr. SMITH: No, sir.

Rep. WELDON: And was that the chart you think that was given to me that I gave to the White House?

Mr. SMITH: Yes, sir. It was."

Paul Adams, B.Arch, M.Arch, AIA, LEED AP – Licensed Architect, State of Colorado. Member, American Institute of Architects. Certified by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB), which provides for reciprocity of licensure between states. LEED Accredited Professional through the U. S. Green Building Council and is considered an expert in sustainable design. Finalist in the Walter Wagner Education Forum, a national educational award for architecture.

"I think there are enough questions about the collapse of the Twin Towers and, in particular, Building 7, that further investigation is essential to know what really happened that day."

Col. David Hunt, MA, U.S. Army (ret) – Expert in Special Operations, Counter Terrorism and Intelligence Operations. Most recently, served as Tactical Advisor in Bosnia where he facilitated all national intelligence matters for the Commander in Chief. Coordinated a $350,000,000 national security program for the National Security Agency and the Central Intelligence Agency in 1997. 29-year Army career. Currently author and media commentator on terrorism and military operations. Author of On the Hunt: How to Wake Up Washington and Win the War on Terror (2007), They Just Don't Get It: How Washington Is Still Compromising Your Safety--and What You Can Do About It (2006).
Interview Fox News 2/15/06:
Interviewer: We had Congressman Weldon on a couple days ago. Able Danger is not going away.

Col. Hunt: No and it shouldn't. This is about very, very good guys; six to ten; both military and civilian; Lieutenant Colonels and Navy Captains; O-6's; who did data mining and discovered some very interesting information. Oh, by the way, the program should be running now. It was completely successful.

They went to the government and the government didn't want to talk to them. And they went to the 9/11 Commission and they didn't want to talk to them. Now they're testifying again. And there's some amazing stuff coming out of this. And with the war on terror, we need the Able Danger's and we don't need the government going after its own agents, which is what they did here.

Interviewer: But it seems there's some debate on Capital Hill regarding Able Danger about whether or not U.S. officials knew about Mohammed Atta before September 11th or if they didn't.

Col. Hunt: What's being talked about in the Congressional Record -- It's part of the Congressional Record. Open. Open. -- is that the White House was -- Libby was briefed and Hadley were briefed in 2001. A lot of people knew about Atta. These guys have it on the record. Mediavision
[Editor's note: Scooter Libby was Chief of Staff to Vice President Dick Cheney 2001 - 2005. In 2007 he was convicted of four felony counts related to perjury and obstruction of justice. Stephen Hadley was appointed National Security Advisor on 1/26/05. He served as Deputy National Security Advisor 2001 - 2004.]

David Nicholas Moore, B.Arch, M.Arch, ARAIA – Licensed Architect, Australia. Member, Royal Australian Institute of Architects (ARAIA). Student experience in 1970's with leading architectural practices including Buchan Laird & Buchan, Denton Corker Marshall, R. S. Demane, Russel, Trundle, Armstrong & Orton PTY LTD. Architects, worked on MLC skyscraper and State Bank Skyscraper. Underwood & Underwood, Keogh Wood. Victorian Housing Commission Urban Renewal. Architect & Project Manager Melbourne University Buildings Branch 1976 - 1980. Senior Architect with Mitchell Walker Architects Sydney, in 1990; Albury Hospital was a $70M 204 bed facility. Started own practice in 1980. David Moore Architect is an architectural practice providing a full service from design to completion including computer aided design and documentation, contract administration and project management. Currently the practices work is in residential, commercial, recreational, institutional, sporting and community projects.

"So many things I have heard and seen about the destruction of the Twin Tower buildings, I did not understand. I thought my material science and building construction lectures set me up pretty well with all the principals if not all the mathematics.

So how come the buildings just dropped like a stone? Why didn't they fall sideways? The planes did not hit dead centre! And they hit more columns on one side! Why does the mast on top of the building start collapsing before the top deck? Why does the top of the building just start breaking up straight away? Why does it not move as one piece above where the planes hit? Why was there so much dust, billowing clouds, surely not including asbestos? Then they fall down in less than 3 hours? (approx 80 minutes and 120 minutes) What's wrong with the Fireproofing? What sort of fuel burns hotter than diesel or petrol also stored in these buildings? What destroys the fireproofing and melts steel, not just makes it sag. Why Molten Metal in the basements weeks after the collapse? "Whelen the Wrecker" men with boots too hot to wear? Despite continually flooding the basement the fires continue to burn without oxygen. Then a third 47 Storey WTC building fell, again dropping like a stone, despite only being hit by the main tower only on one side. In the Towering Inferno movie the building stays up, time for people to get out despite chaos.

We as architects and engineers need to know how to stop the next terrorist plane knocking down one of our buildings."

Col. James R. Uhl, MD, MC, U.S. Army (ret) – Retired U.S. Army Physician. Served in several theaters of operations, from Viet Nam through Iraq. Former Member, Certification in Military Medicine Working Group. 38-year Army career.
Statement to this website 9/20/07: "There is a well-organized cover-up of the events of 11 Sep 2001. The 9/11 Commission was a white-washed farce. There is evidence that US Government officials had advance knowledge of and are probably implicated in the events of 9/11.

A huge body of physical evidence has been ignored, suppressed, and ridiculed by the media and by our Government. Why did WTC 7 collapse? It was never hit by an airplane and was apparently brought down by explosives. How could Al-Qaida terrorists have had access and time to plant bombs in a top secret installation? Why did the 9/11 Commission fail to seek the reason for the WTC 7 collapse?

The more one studies the evidence, the more apparent it becomes that our Nation, our Bill of Rights, and our Constitution are in grave danger!"

Dick Urban Vestbro, M.Arch, PhD Arch – Professor Emeritus and former Chairman, Department of Architecture and Urban Planning, The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm 1974 - 2005. Chairman of the international Master Programme, Environmental Engineering and Sustainable Infrastructure given at KTH 1997 - 2004. Secretary, then Co-chair of ARC•PEACE, International Architects Designers Planners for Social Responsibility (with consultative status in the UN) 1987 - present. Former Secretary of the Nordic Association for Architectural Research. Former Member of the Board of the International Association for People-Environment Studies (IAPS). Member, Board of Editors, Open House International. Author and co-author of numerous journal articles on architecture, housing, and urban planning. Author of Kollektivhus fran Enkokshus till Bogemenskap (1982).

"Against a background of escalating ecological crises, and the fact that large parts of the world´s population are being exposed to extreme poverty, inhuman working conditions and increasing social tensions, the annual global military expenditure has risen to more than 1,000 billion dollars.

The military-industrial complex of just a few G8 countries is responsible for the overwhelming part of this spending, causing incalculable social and ecological consequences.

Unequal distribution of global resources, increasingly controlled by large multinational companies, global debt policy and unfair international trading practices ultimately could not be maintained without military security. In many countries the military is used to repress critical opposition.

The terror attacks of September 11, 2001 are increasingly used to justify systematic surveillance and the dismantling of constitutional rights. [Bold added for emphasis by Editor of this website.] Even European countries have helped to establish Guantanomo-like secret prisons, where torture in all probability takes place.

Iraq was attacked based on falsified evidence causing the death of hundreds of thousands of people, widespread destruction, destabilization and contamination with cancer-causing depleted uranium munitions.

Now plans to attack Iran and the possibility of a new World War have been made public, meeting resistance even from moderate elements within the military due to the unforeseeable consequences.

Faced with the choice between a war, that according to some western leaders, will last for many years or a possible peaceful transformation we support the following demands: ...

International investigation of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. They are used as the central justification for the "War on Terror", but well documented evidence shows that the official explanation of 9/11 cannot be correct. International personalities in science, politics, and culture, including high-ranking military veterans, have called for a new investigation."

Lt. Col. Debra B. Simmons, MD, U.S. Army (ret) – Retired U.S. Army Physician
Personal statement:

"I am a retired U.S. Army lieutenant colonel. I have only recently started researching 9/11 and want to help with endeavors to spread the truth."

"Against a background of escalating ecological crises, and the fact that large parts of the world´s population are being exposed to extreme poverty, inhuman working conditions and increasing social tensions, the annual global military expenditure has risen to more than 1,000 billion dollars.

The military-industrial complex of just a few G8 countries is responsible for the overwhelming part of this spending, causing incalculable social and ecological consequences.

Unequal distribution of global resources, increasingly controlled by large multinational companies, global debt policy and unfair international trading practices ultimately could not be maintained without military security. In many countries the military is used to repress critical opposition.

The terror attacks of September 11, 2001 are increasingly used to justify systematic surveillance and the dismantling of constitutional rights. [Bold added for emphasis by Editor of this website.] Even European countries have helped to establish Guantanomo-like secret prisons, where torture in all probability takes place.

Iraq was attacked based on falsified evidence causing the death of hundreds of thousands of people, widespread destruction, destabilization and contamination with cancer-causing depleted uranium munitions.

Now plans to attack Iran and the possibility of a new World War have been made public, meeting resistance even from moderate elements within the military due to the unforeseeable consequences.

Faced with the choice between a war, that according to some western leaders, will last for many years or a possible peaceful transformation we support the following demands: ...

International investigation of the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. They are used as the central justification for the "War on Terror", but well documented evidence shows that the official explanation of 9/11 cannot be correct. International personalities in science, politics, and culture, including high-ranking military veterans, have called for a new investigation."

Mike L. BeDell, B.Arch – Licensed Architect, State of Arizona. Over 10 years of professional experience in commercial, industrial, and residential design.

"The evidence is overwhelming and there must be an independent investigation. In my opinion there is no way those buildings went down, the way they did, without some strategically placed linear shaped charges.

Puts in a statement about controlled press too!

Commander Dennis Henry, U.S. Navy Reserve (ret), BS CE, PE – Retired from U.S. Navy Reserve, Civil Engineering Corps after 20 years of service. Retired Licensed Professional Engineer, State of Missouri. 34 years of service as a City Engineer, designing bridges, roadways, storm, sanitary sewers, and traffic signals.

"Being a civil engineer and understanding the laws of physics, I know that a building cannot fall at free fall speed without the floors already falling also giving no resistance. I wish our Congressmen were as smart, and also showed some backbone and got a truly independent investigation going. Also, this 911 truth movement has shown to me that our press is as every bit controlled and spits out as much propaganda as I thought Pravda did for the old Soviet Union. My eyes have been awakened to many things, and I have come to learn that we do not live in as free a country as I thought we did, and with the passage of the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, it has become even less so."

Howard Switzer – Licensed Architect, State of Tennessee.

"I was working out of my home that morning. My wife called me in to watch the TV after the first plane hit. When I saw the buildings collapse it was clear to me that it had to be an inside job and I let my network of friends and activist know. I remain convinced and have seen no reasonable evidence that explains the collapse otherwise."

Lt. Col. Stephen L. Butler, EdD, U.S. Air Force (ret) – Former Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs at the Defense Language Institute. Served as a B-52 Radar Navigator in the Gulf War. 24-year Air Force career.

"Of course Bush knew about the impending attacks on America. He did nothing to warn the American people because he needed this war on terrorism."

Brian Heagney, M.Arch –Architectural Services Provider

" I'm willing to believe something if I see the facts add up. And so far, the facts are leading me to believe that the buildings were taken down with explosives."

Reuben Gene Walters, B.Arch, Associate AIA – Designer in the architectural profession, including interiors, landscape, furniture, fixtures

"I never believed the collapses were the result of the planes hitting them:

- You can see explosions 60 plus stories below the impact zones
- The almost freefall collapse indicating there was NOTHING holding it back
- WTC 7 collapsing without impact
- A fire alone cannot collapse a building
- Never has before, nor has since."

Major Jon I. Fox, U.S. Marine Corps – Former Marine Corps fighter pilot, including interceptor pilot. Retired commercial airline pilot, Continental Airlines. Aircraft flown: Boeing 727, McDonnell Douglas DC-10, LearJet. 35-year commercial aviation career.
Statement to this website 6/3/08:

"Recent research proves that explosives were used at the World Trade Center. Flight paths and maneuvers of the aircraft involved at the Pentagon and Shanksville do not match NTSB released flight data recordings. Shouldn't there be a criminal investigation before more lives and trillions of dollars are wasted?"

"On hearing the military (NORAD/NEAD) excuses for no intercepts on 9/11/2001, I knew from personal experience that they were lying. I then began re-checking other evidence and found mostly more lies from the "official spokesmen". Jet fuel fires at atmospheric pressure do not get hot enough to weaken steel. Structures do not collapse through themselves in free fall time with only gravity as the powering force."

Michael Quinn Dudley, MLIS (Library Information), MCP (City Planning) – Instructor in the Environmental Studies Program, University of Winnipeg. Adjunct Professor with the Faculty of Architecture, University of Manitoba. Senior Research Associate and Librarian at the Institute of Urban Studies, University of Winnipeg. Member of the editorial board of Plan Canada. Book Review Editor for the Canadian Journal of Urban Research.

"As a city planner I have also been concerned for professional reasons that the official explanation for the collapses is wrong, and that the fallout from the events have had serious implications for America's cities and those who plan them. A couple of years ago I wrote an op-ed on this theme for the Planetizen website. (After the Fall: Why City Planners Must Seek Answers About 9/11

David L. Griscom, PhD – Research physicist, retired in 2001 from Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in Washington, DC, after 33 years service. Fellow of the American Physical Society. Fulbright-García Robles Fellow at Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México in Mexico City (1997). Visiting professorships of research at the Universities of Paris and Saint-Etienne, France, and Tokyo Institute of Technology (2000 - 2003). Adjunct Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Arizona (2004 - 2005). Winner of the 1993 N. F. Mott Award sponsored by the Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, the 1995 Otto Schott Award offered by the Carl-Zeiss-Stiftung (Germany), a 1996 Outstanding Graduate School Alumnus Award at Brown University, and the 1997 Sigma Xi Pure Science Award at NRL. Principal author of 109 of his 185 published works, a body of work which is highly cited by his peers. Officially credited with largest number of papers (5) by any author on list of 100 most cited articles authored at NRL between 1973 and 1988.

"David Ray Griffin has web-published a splendid, highly footnoted account of The Destruction of the World Trade Center: Why the Official Account Cannot Be True: This scholarly work, rich in eyewitness accounts, includes 11 separate pieces of evidence that the World Trade Center towers 1, 2 [each 1300+ feet tall, 110 stories], and 7 were brought down by explosives. [Editor's note: WTC Building 7 was 610 feet tall, 47 stories. It would have been the tallest building in 33 states. Although it was not hit by an airplane, it completely collapsed into a pile of rubble in less than 7 seconds at 5:20 p.m. on 9/11, seven hours after the collapses of the Twin Towers. However, no mention of its collapse appears in the 9/11 Commission's "full and complete account of the circumstances surrounding the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks." Watch the collapse video here. And six years after 9/11, the Federal government has yet to publish its promised final report that explains the cause of its collapse.]

... I implore my fellow physicists and engineers who may have the time, expertise, and (ideally) supercomputer access to get to work on the physics of the World Trade Center collapses and publish their findings in refereed journals like, say, the Journal of Applied Physics.

The issue of knowing who was really behind the 9/11 attacks is of paramount importance to the future of our country, because the "official" assumption that it was the work of 19 Arab amateurs (1) does not match the available facts and (2) has led directly to the deplorable Patriot Act, the illegal Iraq war, NSA spying on ordinary Americans, repudiation of the Geneva Conventions, and the repeal of habeas corpus (a fundamental point of law that has been with us since the signing of the Magna Carta in 1215).

David M. Pacheco, BS CE – Civil Engineer.

"My beliefs are based on scientific principles and not propaganda. Science is the only absolute truth known to man from the beginning of time to the present. It is blatantly obvious that the official story is not based on science and this in itself is enough to discredit the fairy tale the government has sold to the American public."

Dwain Deets, MS Physics, MS Eng – Former Director, Aerospace Projects, NASA Dryden Flight Research Center. Before this appointment, he served as Director, Research Engineering Division at Dryden. Recipient of the NASA Exceptional Service Award and the Presidential Meritorious Rank Award in the Senior Executive Service (1988). Selected presenter of the Wright Brothers Lectureship in Aeronautics, a distinguished speaking engagement sponsored by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) (1986). Included in "Who's Who in Science and Engineering" 1993 - 2000. Former Chairman of the Aerospace Control and Guidance Systems Committee of the Society of Automotive Engineers. Former Member, AIAA Committee on Society and Aerospace Technology. 37 year NASA career.
Statement in support of Architects and Engineers petition:

"The many visual images (massive structural members being hurled horizontally, huge pyroclastic clouds, etc.) leave no doubt in my mind explosives were involved [in the destruction of the World Trade Center]."

Forum List

Back