Military General Bashes Obama Administration

CaféAuLait;2432343 said:
Top general in Afghan war: US envoy betrayed me

The Associated Press: Top general in Afghan war: US envoy betrayed me

Says that his aids were mocking Biden too.

Wow.

Dissention all around - even among the troops themselves who are getting pissed and tired at being over there unable to fight in the manner they were trained...

looks like the general's soldiers do NOT support him from the link you posted:eusa_whistle:

Gen. Stanley McChrystal... unable to convince even some of his own soldiers that his strategy can win the war…

The thing is this.....there can be no sense of trouble in the chain of command. If the troops see this they will lose confidence in that chain of command and may not carry out the missions assigned to them as effectively. McChrystal should be replaced....bottom line. If this story is true.

heard this morning that the general has been called to the white house to explain himself. I think he should be fired by Petraeus or Casey or Gates before he gets there.

heard this morning that the general has been called to the white house to explain himself. I think he should be fired by Petraeus or Casey or Gates before he gets there.

Nice to see you'd favor throwing a General under the bus in favor of the Hussein. :doubt:

Ouch - it appears Rolling Stone is about to break open the story of the long standing infighting between the Obama White House and current leader of American forces in Afghanistan, General McChrystal...
___

Oh boy: “Rolling Stone” to expose McChrystal’s feuding with administration officials

An article out this week in “Rolling Stone” magazine depicts Gen. Stanley McChrystal as a lone wolf on the outs with many important figures in the Obama administration and unable to convince even some of his own soldiers that his strategy can win the war…
McChrystal himself is described by an aide as “disappointed” in his first Oval Office meeting with an unprepared President Barack Obama. The article says that although McChrystal voted for Obama, the two failed to connect from the start. Obama called McChrystal on the carpet last fall for speaking too bluntly about his desire for more troops.

...McChrystal said he felt “betrayed” and accused the ambassador of giving himself cover.
“Here’s one that covers his flank for the history books,” McChrystal told the magazine. “Now, if we fail, they can say ‘I told you so.”‘

Hot Air Oh boy: “Rolling Stone” to expose McChrystal’s feuding with administration officials

:lol: What an idiot.

I hope Obama fires him immediately but knowing him, he'll give him some latitude and a chance to redeem himself.

Firing him with a lot of public humiliation would be too good for the guy. These arrogant generals need to shut up and do their work.

Most seem to think he'll be fired.

DAYBOOK for Tuesday: Gen. McChrystal Recalled to Washington Over 'Rolling Stone' Article | The Nation

Explosive Rolling Stone article on Gen. McCrystal and tension w/ Obama administration over Afghan policy and problem causing huge stir. It's titled "Runaway Geneal." Thin-skinned general disses "out of depth" Obama and aides mock Biden and ambassador. Now he has apologized, saying, "Throughout my career, I have lived by the principles of personal honor and professional integrity. What is reflected in this article falls far short of that standard." Read actual article here via PDF from Politico.

He will resign.

He's made it clear that he thinks Obama is a moron, and he is too proud to allow himself to be fired by a moron.

He'll walk.

Joe Scarborogh said none of the generals respect you know who.

Karma Karma Karma

BO isn't qualified to polish the General's boots.

To borrow a line from another post ... BINGO!!

We need a wartime President ... not someone who appears to be an enemy sympathizer. Anybody who pronounces Corps "corpse" instead of "core" has no business being CINC. (Yes - Obama actually did say that. I heard him. :rolleyes:)

Sorry - I'm just angry. It's just that sometimes you have to fight fire with fire ... and this would be one of those times.

Don't make such remarks about a coup like that again Granny. - Modbert

Last edited:
Why the hell would any career military man respect "You know Who"??

This is a Harvard elitist with visions of grandeur.

He has no love for the military and I don't think much respect either.

OL"BO is just playing the part. Jeeze.

I disagree with you completely, but I would hate to see you go to jail.... I strongly recommend that you edit your post, and after you do, I'll edit mine. That sort of comment is illegal, or nearly so.
If a military coup would get him out of the White House - go for it. He's a big part of "the enemy from within."

Nice to see you'd favor throwing a General under the bus in favor of the Hussein. :doubt:

I favor following the chain of command and not showing disrespect for seniors. I guess I am not all that surprised that you would not.

And now for the REST of the story

Update: McChrystal retreats. Is it fast enough to save him?
He says in a statement: “I extend my sincerest apology for this profile. It was a mistake reflecting poor judgment and should never have happened. Throughout my career, I have lived by the principles of personal honor and professional integrity. What is reflected in this article falls far short of that standard. I have enormous respect and admiration for President Obama and his national security team, and for the civilian leaders and troops fighting this war and I remain committed to ensuring its successful outcome.”

I favor following the chain of command and not showing disrespect for seniors. I guess I am not all that surprised that you would not.
McChrystal made it all the way to 4-Star (that's a subtle jab at you), he must know what he's doing and of what he speaks.

How did McChrystal not follow the chain of command? He's at the top. He IS the chain of command. If he gets fired for his comments then that just shows how thin skinned many in the Obama administration are.

If I was the President in this situation I would ask McChrystal: "Why are you giving interviews to that group of dope smoking leftists?" But Obama won't because he IS a dope smoking leftist. They hate the Military you know.

And finally, did you not study Billy Mitchell while you were in the Navy sir? Go back and refresh your memory about his "insubordination" and the positive effects it ultimately had on the Navy and Air Power in general.

He says in a statement: “I extend my sincerest apology for this profile. It was a mistake reflecting poor judgment and should never have happened. Throughout my career, I have lived by the principles of personal honor and professional integrity. What is reflected in this article falls far short of that standard. I have enormous respect and admiration for President Obama and his national security team, and for the civilian leaders and troops fighting this war and I remain committed to ensuring its successful outcome.”
I love it. He fired the aide who set up the interview with Rolling Stone, and now he's falling over himself to apologize. Sack him.

The General, regardless of what his true feelings really were, should have kept his yap shut and remembered that unfortunately, his superior was Owe Bama. Guess some other guy is going to get a promotion and the loud mouth general is most likely going to retire. A shit sandwich may be a shit sandwich but sometimes you have to grin and tell everybody it's a steak grinder.

IOW, "I said some stupid shit that never should have been published. Not sayin' I didn't mean every word.....just saying it's time for me to start kissing ass so I don't lose my full retirement benefits"
:eusa_shhh:

McChrystal is smart enough to know that in a conflict of this you only have two options.

A) Throw everything you have at the enemy and destroy them as quick as possible.

B) Retreat.

DC seems to think that there is an option C.

C) Use as little effort as possible, endanger as many young American soldiers as possible, while trying to win the hearts and minds of civilians in the area where the bad guys are.

WE TRIED THAT IN 'NAM AND IT DIDN'T WORK. Obama isn't qualified to wipe an E-2's anus with a sheet of silk. Seriously. You people that voted this guy in are just as bloody retarded.

Joe Scarborogh said none of the generals respect you know who.

Karma Karma Karma

Respect has to be earned....you cannot vote in respect for someone...it just doesn't work that way.
Personally I would like to see Obama fired. He's proven time and again that he just doesn't measure up as a leader. Sorry if that upsets some of you who voted for him but...that's the way the cookie is crumbling.

Respect has to be earned....you cannot vote in respect for someone...it just doesn't work that way.
Personally I would like to see Obama fired. He's proven time and again that he just doesn't measure up as a leader. Sorry if that upsets some of you who voted for him but...that's the way the cookie is crumbling.

it doesn't upset me. he's still got an almost 50% approval rating.

but now you know how i felt for 8 years watching the stupidest president i've seen in my lifetime.

stuff happens.

Forum List

Back