• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
just stating, if you served during the cold war, i think there should be a cold war medal for you guys.

if i'm getting a national defense medal just for standing up on a flight deck all day in the pacific, you should definitely get a cold war medal honoring the fact that you were ready to answer the call should the soviets have ever attacked/invaded.

what do you think?

I served during the cold war and I said no. The NDSM covers it pretty much I believe.

No need. I never 'earned' the NDFS...I was awarded it during Basic Training simply because I enlisted and am a 'Gulf-War Era' Vet.

(shrug).

I voted no. As my AF career was ending, it seemed as though medals were being invented for the ability to trim you finger nails without hurting yourself; this in turn, to me, minimizes medals designed for truly heroic action or outstanding service above and beyond.

Originally posted by -=d=-
No need. I never 'earned' the NDFS...I was awarded it during Basic Training simply because I enlisted and am a 'Gulf-War Era' Vet.

(shrug).

NDFS?

Originally posted by HGROKIT
I voted no. As my AF career was ending, it seemed as though medals were being invented for the ability to trim you finger nails without hurting yourself; this in turn, to me, minimizes medals designed for truly heroic action or outstanding service above and beyond.

i agree. After Gulf War I, many units handed out Bronze Stars to EVERY soldier that deployed. That is bullshit.

its like the opposite here on this carrier... the only medal most get is the good conduct one, awarded for 3 years of clean service

I got the NDSM just for being at West Point during 1994-1996! But the biggest crock medal of them all is the Army Service Ribbon, AKA the Gay Pride Ribbon. Everyone gets it! What the hell is the point of it?!?

I will say, though, I like the idea of a Cold War Medal. Any service between, say 9/2/45 and 11/9/89 (when the Berlin Wall fell) should count.

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I got the NDSM just for being at West Point during 1994-1996! But the biggest crock medal of them all is the Army Service Ribbon, AKA the Gay Pride Ribbon. Everyone gets it! What the hell is the point of it?!?

I will say, though, I like the idea of a Cold War Medal. Any service between, say 9/2/45 and 11/9/89 (when the Berlin Wall fell) should count.

Dude! Did you read what you just posted? Like the Arny Service Ribbon...everbody get one. Then go on to say everyone serving from 45-89 should get one? What's the difference between the two statements then? In both statements, EVERYONE gets one!

:confused: :wtf:

Forum List

Back