Military DEP: Who else?

Sorry. I enlisted under the "Holy Crap, I Turn 28 In Two Weeks" Accelerated Enlistment Program. :tongue:

haha, I have seen a lot of people lately going in at like 25-26 although its usually for the money and not for pride or self-service. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Sorry. I enlisted under the "Holy Crap, I Turn 28 In Two Weeks" Accelerated Enlistment Program. :tongue:

haha, I have seen a lot of people lately going in at like 25-26 although its usually for the money and not for pride or self-service. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Honestly, I needed a job. But I kept re-enlisting because I loved serving my nation...and on 1 March, I'll be a civilian again after 20 years.

I wouldn't trade it for anything. My thanks to you for your interest in serving. You and the United States will both benefit. :salute:

Honestly, I needed a job. But I kept re-enlisting because I loved serving my nation...and on 1 March, I'll be a civilian again after 20 years.

I wouldn't trade it for anything. My thanks to you for your interest in serving. You and the United States will both benefit. :salute:

Oh, are you getting the 20 year benefit that everyone I talk to is insanely in love with? I heard it's a really good deal.

Thanks, I plan to stay in for a career, I really just am not made for anything else. I am only good at teaching & farming, both of which take years to achieve, and farming is only what I want to do later on when I settle down at a spot.

Oh, are you getting the 20 year benefit that everyone I talk to is insanely in love with? I heard it's a really good deal.
Yup. Pension, TriCare, eligibility to be buried in a national cemetary, all that good stuff. :tongue:
Thanks, I plan to stay in for a career, I really just am not made for anything else. I am only good at teaching & farming, both of which take years to achieve, and farming is only what I want to do later on when I settle down at a spot.
Nothing wrong with teaching or farming. What's your AFSC?

Yup. Pension, TriCare, eligibility to be buried in a national cemetary, all that good stuff. :tongue:
Nothing wrong with teaching or farming. What's your AFSC?

I am going to stay in 20 at least, but I am actually hoping maybe 25-30. Although, who knows what the future holds.

They haven't assigned me one yet, but I am hoping to ask to take the Special Forces Exam thing, where you can qualify for their jobs. My main hope is Security Forces, but if that fails I am shooting for Fire Protection.

Forum List

Back