Military Defense Budget Stories, Nightmares and Deadly Fear

nuhuh

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Swimming pools, movie stars
Can the Pentagon be any clearer that we better not mess with the budget or play with Pentagon money?

2048.jpg

"North Korea has the capacity to miniaturize nuclear warheads, send long-range ballistic missiles to the United States and has sufficient plutonium to create 22 nuclear weapons.

Adm. Bill Gortney, commander of the U.S. Northern Command and the North American Aerospace Defense Command, said Wednesday that North Korea's nuclear missiles are capable of hitting the continental United States, but added the U.S. military can intercept a North Korean missile.

Speaking at the Atlantic Council in Washington, D.C., Gortney said he agrees with U.S. intelligence claims that North Korea has the capacity to miniaturize nuclear warheads that could then be installed on an intercontinental ballistic missile.

<snip>

Gortney said the military has been investing in updating the current missile defense system, but also securing cost-effective missile deterrence, including new sensors and radars."

<snip>

Read more: U.S. commander: North Korea has capacity to miniaturize nuclear warheads

Can the Pentagon be any clearer that we better not mess with the budget or play with Pentagon money?

2048.jpg

"North Korea has the capacity to miniaturize nuclear warheads, send long-range ballistic missiles to the United States and has sufficient plutonium to create 22 nuclear weapons.

Adm. Bill Gortney, commander of the U.S. Northern Command and the North American Aerospace Defense Command, said Wednesday that North Korea's nuclear missiles are capable of hitting the continental United States, but added the U.S. military can intercept a North Korean missile.

Speaking at the Atlantic Council in Washington, D.C., Gortney said he agrees with U.S. intelligence claims that North Korea has the capacity to miniaturize nuclear warheads that could then be installed on an intercontinental ballistic missile.

<snip>

Gortney said the military has been investing in updating the current missile defense system, but also securing cost-effective missile deterrence, including new sensors and radars."

<snip>

Read more: U.S. commander: North Korea has capacity to miniaturize nuclear warheads

Then tell Obama to sign the military budget Congress sends to him. Simple.

2048.jpg

<snip>

<snip>

Why? cause the military bedtime stories scare you?

2048.jpg

<snip>

<snip>

No. I'm not the OP. I was simply going along with your OP.

2048.jpg

<snip>

<snip>

Okay, I'm not falling for a conveniently engineered story just before the budget becomes an issue. To me, the defense budget is obscene and is rife with waste. I'm all for an intelligent budget that gets adhered to, but in the United States its more a fairy tale that we repeat year after year. If someone actually demanded results we would be an awesome nation but we have the F35 which is a black hole for taxpayer money, we have a $19 billion dollar aircraft carrier that some are already calling a shame and it isn't even built yet. So that's my point we aren't getting a dollars worth here and we should be mad about that.

2048.jpg

<snip>

<snip>

Okay, I'm not falling for a conveniently engineered story just before the budget becomes an issue. To me, the defense budget is obscene and is rife with waste. I'm all for an intelligent budget that gets adhered to, but in the United States its more a fairy tale that we repeat year after year. If someone actually demanded results we would be an awesome nation but we have the F35 which is a black hole for taxpayer money, we have a $19 billion dollar aircraft carrier that some are already calling a shame and it isn't even built yet. So that's my point we aren't getting a dollars worth here and we should be mad about that.

I think most people will agree with you. We have waste, fraud, and abuse rampant throughout the government. Obamacare is seeing some huge areas of waste. The IRS wastes millions annually. The government couldn't run a chicken farm efficiently. Actually, the DEA is about the only little part of the government that actually takes in more money than it spends.

2048.jpg

<snip>

<snip>

I think most people will agree with you. We have waste, fraud, and abuse rampant throughout the government. Obamacare is seeing some huge areas of waste. The IRS wastes millions annually. The government couldn't run a chicken farm efficiently. Actually, the DEA is about the only little part of the government that actually takes in more money than it spends.

Thanks, you can be my Vice President lol

We have to thank the idiot Truman administration (and the liberal media) for the continuing North Korea circus. Bill Clinton thought he would ...duh... give the backward NK regime a boost in nuclear technology in exchange for a high five at the next UN meeting. Fifty years after Harry Truman used an executive order to send U.S. Troops to Korea and after 50,000 American casualties in three years we still blame the GOP. No surprises here..

GOP backers of defense budget hike got millions in donations

The military budget of the US is a welfare make-work program that funnels money into the pockets of defense contractors. The OP uses a ridiculous image designed to strike fear in the heart of conservatives who are already skittish squirrels.

It is way past time to cut the military budget to something on par with the actual threats we face.

Forum List

Back