Military Breaking Away From White House?

LOL--what a little jerk you are. Al-Qaeda was hardly "squashed" in Iraq. They simply returned to Afghanistan. Which is the crux of the problem, moron. The incidents in Iraq are between the Shia, Sunni and existing Iraqi government. Another predictable event. Did you know that? WHY OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah right, bitch.

I did two tours over there. That's why i'm enjoying listening to you talk out of your ignorant ass, as usual.

LMAO!

Christ, liberals are friggin' idiots!:cuckoo:

If you did two tours, you sure haven't posted anything smart yet. SmartASS, yes, but zero in substance or even the slightest knowledge of the lengthy history of those two countries, including our own participation in them. All you do is run your insulting mouth, for which you WILL get it thrown right back at you. I couldn't care less if you've got one stripe or a chest full of salad. If you don't know what you're talking about, then take a deep breath, do some homework, and come back when you do.
LMAO! You are so cute when you talk about others' 'insulting mouths'. You wear your hypocrisy well.

Obama: "Afghanistan is a war of necessity"

Obama to servicemen:" I won't risk your lives unless it is absolutely necessary. And if it is necessary, we will back you up."

But Obama won't send more troops to Afghanistan to back up the troops already fighting in a necessary war.

Interesting.

President Obama's Remarks At NAS Jacksonville - Politics News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Words-words-words...

All style and no substance from this president.

And people are dying because of it...

Quitcherbitchen. He's already doubled the troop level since Bush left office. And just in case everyone has already forgotten, our military contingency is stretched to its thinest point in history.

Fact Sheet: Quick Facts About U.S. Military Operations in Afghanistan | National Priorities Project

actually, not and the freak called him a pretender... he's a nutter...

if you had a gripe it should have been with the idiot who mishandled everything for 8 years.

just sayin'

Screw that thinking---Obama promised change. It's HIS buck now.

Yes it is. And he's not about to rush to judgment like his predecessor, regardless of all the criticism by the very people who slammed President Bush for rushing into only ONE strategy.

Obama to servicemen:" I won't risk your lives unless it is absolutely necessary. And if it is necessary, we will back you up."

But Obama won't send more troops to Afghanistan to back up the troops already fighting in a necessary war.

Interesting.

President Obama's Remarks At NAS Jacksonville - Politics News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Words-words-words...

All style and no substance from this president.

And people are dying because of it...

Quitcherbitchen. He's already doubled the troop level since Bush left office. And just in case everyone has already forgotten, our military contingency is stretched to its thinest point in history.

Fact Sheet: Quick Facts About U.S. Military Operations in Afghanistan | National Priorities Project
Moron. Most of those set to deploy were already set to do so under GWB.

And, BHO has done NOTHING to address the needs of the military since they told BHO what they need before Labor Day.

Now, October is the deadliest month on record for US troops.

BHO is no friend of the military, especially not to those deployed in harms way.

Once again it is clear that Obama is wrecking everything that America stands for. Why? He is either not an American, or for fact is unAmerican. Or both!

He doesn't care for any American. Killing babies, allowing soldiers to die, planning to ration health care for certain groups. He is encouraging the Muslims, including the terrorist ones, to come to America. There are twelve (at least) terrorist groups training in America, and protected by our laws, and nothing gets said about that. He goes around apologizing for America. The man is a terrorist, and he is placed in the greatedst place for destroying America.

I have no respect for him, but I have to say, if I walked by a river and he was drowning, I would do everything I could to save him. He is human, after all...I think.

God bless America, and even at the expense of our government.

So I take it you were of the same opinion about killing babies and all when the previous administration went off half-cocked (literally)??

I would appreciate seeing your source for "12 terrorists groups training in America and nothing being done about it."

Google search (just since May):

Denver Terror Cell Broken Up - Cafepharma Message Boards
Denver Terror Cell Broken Up Political Discussions.
Denver Terror Cell Broken Up - Cafepharma Message Boards - Cached -

New York Terror Plot Broken Up : Homeland Security News
The FBI busted a homegrown terror cell late Wednesday night as the men sneaked around a Jewish ... New York Terror Plot Broken Up. May 20, 2009 by national ...
New York Terror Plot Broken Up : Homeland Security News - Cached - SimilarNew York terror plot broken up by FBI, police - Posted

New York terror plot broken up by FBI, police. Posted: May 20, 2009, ... man initially involved with the alleged terror cell alerted the FBI about the plot. ...
network.nationalpost.com/.../new-york-terror-plot-broken-up-by-fbi-police.aspx - Cached -
Oregon terror cell broken up | Article from The Milwaukee Journal ...
Oregon terror cell broken up ... find The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel articles. Oregon terror cell broken up, US says Citizens among those said to have ...
Oregon terror cell broken up | Article from The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel | HighBeam Research - Cached - Similar

Once again it is clear that Obama is wrecking everything that America stands for. Why? He is either not an American, or for fact is unAmerican. Or both!

He doesn't care for any American. Killing babies, allowing soldiers to die, planning to ration health care for certain groups. He is encouraging the Muslims, including the terrorist ones, to come to America. There are twelve (at least) terrorist groups training in America, and protected by our laws, and nothing gets said about that. He goes around apologizing for America. The man is a terrorist, and he is placed in the greatedst place for destroying America.

I have no respect for him, but I have to say, if I walked by a river and he was drowning, I would do everything I could to save him. He is human, after all...I think.

So I take it you were of the same opinion about killing babies and all when the previous administration went off half-cocked (literally)??

I would appreciate seeing your source for "12 terrorists groups training in America and nothing being done about it."

The FBI busted a homegrown terror cell late Wednesday night as the men sneaked around a Jewish ... New York Terror Plot Broken Up. May 20, 2009 by national ...
New York Terror Plot Broken Up : Homeland Security News - Cached - SimilarNew York terror plot broken up by FBI, police - Posted

New York terror plot broken up by FBI, police. Posted: May 20, 2009, ... man initially involved with the alleged terror cell alerted the FBI about the plot. ...
network.nationalpost.com/.../new-york-terror-plot-broken-up-by-fbi-police.aspx - Cached -
Oregon terror cell broken up ... find The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel articles. Oregon terror cell broken up, US says Citizens among those said to have ...
Oregon terror cell broken up | Article from The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel | HighBeam Research - Cached - Similar
Yet, those deployed in harms way are getting NOTHING while BHO still has his thumb up his butt. He must like the feel of it after eight and a half weeks.

I hate it when I agree with Del.

Unless we just sent in a HUGE rescue contingency and got everyone out, I see no way that the U.S. can simply "leave" at this point. Shades of the last days in Vietnam with people hanging off the last helicopter to depart. It's a wonderful thought, but a pipedream. Apart from the troop level, there are thousands of civilians working for US contractors there, our Embassy personnel, and of course many family members.

Whoa, wait a minute, are you serious?

You're trying to use this former Marine who is resigning because he wants us to immediately leave Afghanistan because the war is not only unwinnable but actually strengthening the very people we're attempting to combat, the position of progressives and those in the reality-based community, to say he's leaving because of Obama's poor leadership? The dude is completely repudiating the conservative argument on Afghanistan and those pushing for Obama to just do a Bush-style troop increase on the basis of McChrystal's recommendation. Did you read his fucking letter?

Former Marine captain resigns in protest of Afghanistan war

Matthew Hoh, a former Marine captain with combat experience in Iraq, resigned last month from his position with the Foreign Service, where he was the senior U.S. civilian in the Taliban-dominated Southern Afghanistan province of Zabul, because he became convinced that our war in that country will not only inevitably fail, but is fueling the very insurgency we are trying to defeat. Hoh's resignation is remarkable because it entails the sort of career sacrifice in the name of principle that has been so rare over the last decade, but even more so because of the extraordinary four-page letter (.pdf) he wrote explaining his reasoning.

Hoh's letter should be read in its entirety, but I want to highlight one part. He begins by noting that "next fall, the United States' occupation will equal in length the Soviet Union's own physical involvement in Afghanistan," and contends that our unwanted occupation combined with our support for a deeply corrupt government "reminds [him] horribly of our involvement in South Vietnam." He then explains that most of the people we are fighting are not loyal to the Taliban or driven by any other nefarious aim, but instead are driven principally by resistance to the presence of foreign troops in their provinces and villages...
hoh.png

How long are we going to continue to do this? We invade and occupy a country, and then label as "insurgents" or even "terrorists" the people in that country who fight against our invasion and occupation. With the most circular logic imaginable, we then insist that we must remain in order to defeat the "insurgents" and "terrorists" -- largely composed of people whose only cause for fighting is our presence in their country. All the while, we clearly exacerbate the very problem we are allegedly attempting to address -- Terrorism -- by predictably and inevitably increasing anti-American anger and hatred through our occupation, which, no matter the strategy, inevitably entails our killing innocent civilians. Indeed, does Hoh's description of what drives the insurgency -- anger "against the presence of foreign soldiers" -- permit the conclusion that that's all going to be placated with a shift to a kind and gentle counter-insurgency strategy?

Relatedly, Hoh points out the transparent fallacy of the claim that we will reduce -- rather than worsen -- the problem of Terrorism by occupying Muslim countries with a massive military presence:

hoh2.png

Hoh's observations are entirely consistent with David Rohde's account of his seven-month hostage ordeal with the Taliban: namely, the longer we occupy Afghanistan, the more people we kill and imprison without charges, the greater the central fuel of terrorism -- anti-American hatred -- rises, not only in Afghanistan but across the Muslim world. As the Pentagon's own commissioned Report from 2004 concluded:

Negative attitudes and the conditions that create them are the underlying sources of threats to America's national security . . . Direct American intervention in the Muslim world has paradoxically elevated the stature of and support for Islamic radicals.

Hoh told The Washington Post's Karen DeYoung that he's "not some peacenik, pot-smoking hippie who wants everyone to be in love" and that he believes "there are plenty of dudes who need to be killed," adding: "I was never more happy than when our Iraq team whacked a bunch of guys." Plainly, there's nothing ideological about his conclusions; they're just the by-product of an honest assessment, based on first-hand experiences, of how our ongoing occupation of that country is worsening the very problem we're allegedly there to solve.

The rest of the article can be read here and the Captain's letter is really worth reading for insight into our occupation, impact, and exactly why it's in both American and Afghan interest for us to leave immediately.

He's certainly not pro-Obama, but his complaint isn't directed at him, it's over the entire boondoggle in Afghanistan and policies there implemented for the last 8 years.

No, Quentin. Most of us are begging BHO to get his thumb out of his butt and make a fucking decision - what commanders do. He is a hack as commander.

You know things are screwed when your S.O.D. and top ground commander have to go to the media to argue their case.

God help us if we are attacked again with this sham president and administration in place.

*THIS* is actually a great point, and I think not being considered. We either keep it over there, WIN the damned thing, make them capitulate or what is going on there takes up residence *HERE*.

Good post.
That is the EXACT point.

It truly is mind boggling as to what Obama is thinking.

I was absolutely floored when McChrytal was interviewed, and he admitted PUBLICLY that Obama has only spoken to him once since he was given the command. I was equally floored last week when Gates basically called out the administration PUBLICLY for not being able to make a damn decision. These two actions spoke volumes. And you Obamabots don't want to hear this but, this administration is in complete chaos. It's just too freakin' obvious. And rest assured, our enemies realize this, and they are capitalizing on it, BIG TIME.

I'm literally watching McCain being interviewed right this second on Hannity, and it just makes me think, WHY ISN'T THIS GUY THE PRESIDENT?

Lets just get down to the nitty gritty people. The Taliban and Al-qaeda see a weak president and administration. They may be stark raving bonkers, but they are definitely not stupid. Hence, Bolder attacks on our troops. Better coordinated attacks on our troops. So bold and better coordinated in fact, that they've more than doubled the number of our troop deaths in less than a year. They are emboldened by Obama. They damn sure know he's sitting on his hands on the troop level issue. They damn sure know that our troops desperately need back up. They damn sure see that the back up is not on its way, nor do they see a decision coming anytime soon. They damn sure know that this administration has completely tied our troops hands with their weak and asinine rules of engagement. And, they were damn sure emboldened when Obama came out last month and said that the Taliban would most likely have a role in the new government. It doesn't get anymore ludicris than that.

If the Taliban is allowed to take back ANY control, we are screwed!

Gag. McCain? Those that survived would be sifting through nuclear dust if he had been elected.

And by the way, the chain of command doesn't usually mean Commander on the ground directly to the POTUS, skipping the Pentagon. I'm sure if McCrystal had placed a personal call to the President, the President would have taken his call but he also would have asked if Secretary Gates was aware of the call. Did Bush ever direct-dial Tommy Franks or any of the other top commanders? Or vice-versa? Of course not.

McCrystal wanted a leg up, which was the ONLY reason he went public instead of going up the chain of command. Well, now he's got the attention and now some serious decisions need to be made, so in the meantime, I suggest you people stop wringing your hands, unfurl your panties, and WAIT.

You libs amaze me.... you never supported ANY of these efforts, Afghanistan OR Iraq. Afghanistan was just the bat used to beat on Bush. Now that it is "put up or shutup" with regard to the liberals stated "Afghanistan First" policy.... it's "puss out as usual"

Fucking liars.

And even more crap. Now it's diarrhea. There were ALWAYS complaints that the Afghanistan war was put on hold for Iraq, fool.
And BHO said he would put Afghanistan first. Suckers bought that crap.

The Taliban had returned doubling in size because Iraq was more important. We had 28,000 troops in Afghanistan compared to 160,000 in Iraq. Obama has doubled the size of troops on the ground in Afghanistan in response. What is it you expected?

Interesting.

{Sigh...} Once again, this time with gusto:
HE HASN'T SAID ANYTHING OF THE KIND...YET!!!
The 'Commander' in Chief has done nothing at all in that respect. He is a hack as CiC.

Facts just get in your way. No surprises there. :lol:

And even more crap. Now it's diarrhea. There were ALWAYS complaints that the Afghanistan war was put on hold for Iraq, fool.
And BHO said he would put Afghanistan first. Suckers bought that crap.

The Taliban had returned doubling in size because Iraq was more important. We had 28,000 troops in Afghanistan compared to 160,000 in Iraq. Obama has doubled the size of troops on the ground in Afghanistan in response. What is it you expected?
Since autumn last year, ~50K were set to depoly because of GWB. ~17K were deployed because of BHO.

Yet, the military told BHO over eight weeks ago that they need an additional (that means add this number to the number already deployed, BTW) 40K.

BHO has done NOTHING about that. He has made no decision whatsoever whether to help the military by sending troops or pull them out.

In the meantime, while he is trying to figure out what to do, October has been the deadliest month on record since the start of the NATO operation for US troops.

BHO is no friend of the military, especially not to those deployed.

He is a hack - complete hack - as CiC.

No, Quentin. Most of us are begging BHO to get his thumb out of his butt and make a fucking decision - what commanders do. He is a hack as commander.

Well, I agree that I'd like to see him make a decision, but the decision he should make is to remove all group troops from the region and conservatives would crucify him for that. So I don't think you want him to make "a fucking decision" I think you want him to make the decision you like. Which he'll likely do, in the form of a troop increase, but will still be hammered by conservatives for.

I disagree that he's got his thumb up his butt or is taking a long time, an incredibly significant and major decision like this should be well-considered, making the best decision takes awhile. He's not going to make the right decision because he's not very good at doing the right thing, but the idea that 8 months is too long to figure out what to do with an impossible to win war that he inherited is silly. A good commander isn't the one who makes the quickest decision, but the best one. By that rationale, his predecessor had his thumb up his butt for the last 5 years in Afghanistan.

Last edited:
{Sigh...} Once again, this time with gusto:
HE HASN'T SAID ANYTHING OF THE KIND...YET!!!
The 'Commander' in Chief has done nothing at all in that respect. He is a hack as CiC.

Facts just get in your way. No surprises there. :lol:
Fact is, since the military has told BHO what they need (that was on Labor Day), BHO has done nothing to help them - pull them out or give them the help they need.

Fact.

I'm not excusing Obama's lack of a decision. Fact is, I'd like to see some leadership on this issue. I'd keep in mind though, that the previous Administration kept touting "Stay The Course" and did pretty much nothing during a deteriorating situation in Iraq and Afghanistan until they were literaly forced too. Was Bush wrong not to change game plans earlier too?

Yet, those deployed in harms way are getting NOTHING while BHO still has his thumb up his butt. He must like the feel of it after eight and a half weeks.

What is it they're supposed to "get" in your opinion?

Your generalized insulting opinion only makes you look foolish, not Obama. But keep it up. I think one of the reasons his overall popularity remains high is because the Asshole Brigade would be the only alternative.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/WSJ-NBC_Poll090922.pdf

I'm not excusing Obama's lack of a decision. Fact is, I'd like to see some leadership on this issue. I'd keep in mind though, that the previous Administration kept touting "Stay The Course" and did pretty much nothing during a deteriorating situation in Iraq and Afghanistan until they were literaly forced too. Was Bush wrong not to change game plans earlier too?
Yup. Afghanistan has been under resourced from the start. BHO needs to get off of his ass. I'm thinking Nero Obama suits him.

Whoa, wait a minute, are you serious?

You're trying to use this former Marine who is resigning because he wants us to immediately leave Afghanistan because the war is not only unwinnable but actually strengthening the very people we're attempting to combat, the position of progressives and those in the reality-based community, to say he's leaving because of Obama's poor leadership? The dude is completely repudiating the conservative argument on Afghanistan and those pushing for Obama to just do a Bush-style troop increase on the basis of McChrystal's recommendation. Did you read his fucking letter?

Former Marine captain resigns in protest of Afghanistan war

Matthew Hoh, a former Marine captain with combat experience in Iraq, resigned last month from his position with the Foreign Service, where he was the senior U.S. civilian in the Taliban-dominated Southern Afghanistan province of Zabul, because he became convinced that our war in that country will not only inevitably fail, but is fueling the very insurgency we are trying to defeat. Hoh's resignation is remarkable because it entails the sort of career sacrifice in the name of principle that has been so rare over the last decade, but even more so because of the extraordinary four-page letter (.pdf) he wrote explaining his reasoning.

Hoh's letter should be read in its entirety, but I want to highlight one part. He begins by noting that "next fall, the United States' occupation will equal in length the Soviet Union's own physical involvement in Afghanistan," and contends that our unwanted occupation combined with our support for a deeply corrupt government "reminds [him] horribly of our involvement in South Vietnam." He then explains that most of the people we are fighting are not loyal to the Taliban or driven by any other nefarious aim, but instead are driven principally by resistance to the presence of foreign troops in their provinces and villages...
hoh.png

How long are we going to continue to do this? We invade and occupy a country, and then label as "insurgents" or even "terrorists" the people in that country who fight against our invasion and occupation. With the most circular logic imaginable, we then insist that we must remain in order to defeat the "insurgents" and "terrorists" -- largely composed of people whose only cause for fighting is our presence in their country. All the while, we clearly exacerbate the very problem we are allegedly attempting to address -- Terrorism -- by predictably and inevitably increasing anti-American anger and hatred through our occupation, which, no matter the strategy, inevitably entails our killing innocent civilians. Indeed, does Hoh's description of what drives the insurgency -- anger "against the presence of foreign soldiers" -- permit the conclusion that that's all going to be placated with a shift to a kind and gentle counter-insurgency strategy?

Relatedly, Hoh points out the transparent fallacy of the claim that we will reduce -- rather than worsen -- the problem of Terrorism by occupying Muslim countries with a massive military presence:

hoh2.png

Hoh's observations are entirely consistent with David Rohde's account of his seven-month hostage ordeal with the Taliban: namely, the longer we occupy Afghanistan, the more people we kill and imprison without charges, the greater the central fuel of terrorism -- anti-American hatred -- rises, not only in Afghanistan but across the Muslim world. As the Pentagon's own commissioned Report from 2004 concluded:

Negative attitudes and the conditions that create them are the underlying sources of threats to America's national security . . . Direct American intervention in the Muslim world has paradoxically elevated the stature of and support for Islamic radicals.

Hoh told The Washington Post's Karen DeYoung that he's "not some peacenik, pot-smoking hippie who wants everyone to be in love" and that he believes "there are plenty of dudes who need to be killed," adding: "I was never more happy than when our Iraq team whacked a bunch of guys." Plainly, there's nothing ideological about his conclusions; they're just the by-product of an honest assessment, based on first-hand experiences, of how our ongoing occupation of that country is worsening the very problem we're allegedly there to solve.

The rest of the article can be read here and the Captain's letter is really worth reading for insight into our occupation, impact, and exactly why it's in both American and Afghan interest for us to leave immediately.

He's certainly not pro-Obama, but his complaint isn't directed at him, it's over the entire boondoggle in Afghanistan and policies there implemented for the last 8 years.

Hoh's points are extremely credible and valid, as well as TIMELY. I have no doubt whatsoever that is the problem that is at the center of the closed-door debate over strategy. But if we just "left," where does that put the US footprint on the global war on terror? Afghanistan remains geopolitically vulnerable, and would become ripe for a huge al-Qaeda footprint from which to launch all kinds of attacks.

What is it they're supposed to "get" in your opinion? ....
Not my opinion, Maggie - the request was made by those in the military who actually have military experience and who actually have experience in Afghanistan, unlike Obama.

.... Your generalized insulting opinion only makes you look foolish, not Obama. ....
Poor, poor Maggie. Someone dared criticize BHO.

This is much bigger than that, petty Maggie.
.... But keep it up. I think one of the reasons his overall popularity remains high is because the Asshole Brigade would be the only alternative.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/WSJ-NBC_Poll090922.pdf
You petty, vacuous idiot. Folks are dying and you post a fucking opinion poll about BHO?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back