Military Breaking Away From White House?

The loonies are loose tonight, moonbatting around and barking at the sky. The bad guys are going to come here whether we withdraw from Afghanistan or stay for 100 years. The bad guys are holed up in the north of Pakistan, where we cannot normally reach them. The bad guys are always going to come here. Jeez, you guys are ignorant.

You know things are screwed when your S.O.D. and top ground commander have to go to the media to argue their case.

God help us if we are attacked again with this sham president and administration in place.

*THIS* is actually a great point, and I think not being considered. We either keep it over there, WIN the damned thing, make them capitulate or what is going on there takes up residence *HERE*.

Good post.
That is the EXACT point.

It truly is mind boggling as to what Obama is thinking.

I was absolutely floored when McChrytal was interviewed, and he admitted PUBLICLY that Obama has only spoken to him once since he was given the command. I was equally floored last week when Gates basically called out the administration PUBLICLY for not being able to make a damn decision. These two actions spoke volumes. And you Obamabots don't want to hear this but, this administration is in complete chaos. It's just too freakin' obvious. And rest assured, our enemies realize this, and they are capitalizing on it, BIG TIME.

I'm literally watching McCain being interviewed right this second on Hannity, and it just makes me think, WHY ISN'T THIS GUY THE PRESIDENT?

Lets just get down to the nitty gritty people. The Taliban and Al-qaeda see a weak president and administration. They may be stark raving bonkers, but they are definitely not stupid. Hence, Bolder attacks on our troops. Better coordinated attacks on our troops. So bold and better coordinated in fact, that they've more than doubled the number of our troop deaths in less than a year. They are emboldened by Obama. They damn sure know he's sitting on his hands on the troop level issue. They damn sure know that our troops desperately need back up. They damn sure see that the back up is not on its way, nor do they see a decision coming anytime soon. They damn sure know that this administration has completely tied our troops hands with their weak and asinine rules of engagement. And, they were damn sure emboldened when Obama came out last month and said that the Taliban would most likely have a role in the new government. It doesn't get anymore ludicris than that.

If the Taliban is allowed to take back ANY control, we are screwed!

The dramatic rise in violence after Obama took office does appear to support that claim...

Yeah--I guess so. Here you have Obama's appointee handing off the "ball" to Obama's pick General McCrystal--who then signals Obama to go long & give him the troops he needs. McCrystal, Obama's pick throws the ball to Obama--he catches it & then fumbles the ball.

Whatever happened to: "We took our eye off of the ball?"

It appears agitation over increasing confusion and lack of direction is underway, with a top Afghanistan official and former Marine resigning in protest over the Afghan war - "I have doubts and reservations about our current strategy and planned future strategy..."

This resignation is no small matter folks - especially if followed by more...

washingtonpost.com
Until now I have been 100% behind our military initiatives in the Middle East but I think now we should be there any more. I think we should pull our boys and girls out of that part of the world and let those neanderthals get on with it without us. We are sending our young people over to fight and die for a populace that could give a shit. They are living in the stone age! Let those cavemen sort it out for themselves and we should stop being the policemen for those who obviously want islam law and not democracy and can not be governed and never will be. Let them do it themselves and bring our boys and girls home to a country with no jobs to offer them but at least they are alive.

Obama: "Afghanistan is a war of necessity"

Obama to servicemen:" I won't risk your lives unless it is absolutely necessary. And if it is necessary, we will back you up."

But Obama won't send more troops to Afghanistan to back up the troops already fighting in a necessary war.

Interesting.

President Obama's Remarks At NAS Jacksonville - Politics News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Words-words-words...

All style and no substance from this president.

And people are dying because of it...

This might be ouside your ability to grasp ...but ....the only way to stop the killing and dying is to not be there doing the killing and the dying.

Give me just one reason why one more mothers son needs to die in afghanistan?

We shouldn't be there. period. I have said that all along.

But how do you reconcile Obama's obvious duality here?

It appears agitation over increasing confusion and lack of direction is underway, with a top Afghanistan official and former Marine resigning in protest over the Afghan war - "I have doubts and reservations about our current strategy and planned future strategy..."

This resignation is no small matter folks - especially if followed by more...

washingtonpost.com

I read it; he has an admirable record, is an admiral man, but he is in angst and has no solution, just personal angst.

Many admiral men indulged their angst under Bush; they will do it under Obama, the old "my personal tragedy is greater than the goal" crap.

I hate this shit no matter what administration it is indulged in.

Last edited:
We can only deal with the now - and the now shows us that half of the overall deaths in Afghanistan have taken place in the last year.

This is the war Obama said was the war he wanted to concentrate on - he ran on that promise and that platform.

And so - we have more soldiers killed in one year under Obama than any year prior, and more killed in any month than any month prior to Obama - and it appears to be getting worse by the day.

This president needs to lead - and to this point, he simply has not done so.

Rather than JUST criticize, why don't you tell us exactly what it is you think he should do? Send in 300,000 troops and wipe out thousands of Afganis and make refugees of the rest? Or just pack it in and come home? What would your brilliant strategy be in this country where no other invading nation has EVER been successful?

This is why you rabid righties get in trouble. You HAVE no alternatives. All you ever do is bitch bitch bitch and think that's enough. Well that's why some of the rest of us stay here, to call you out on it.
I expect the President of the United States of American not do a half ass job! I'm not the Military appointed leader, therefore I won't even try to suggest what I think is best that we do because I'm the the officer in charge in the Theater of Operation however our FUCKING President should be listening to that Officer he appointed. Don't be such a fucking idiot yourself. Oppsie you spilt some kool aide on your shirt.

And what makes you think he isn't? God you people can make such utter fools of yourselves by your asinine statements.

Psst -- my Kool Aid is Blue, yours is Red, hypocrite.

You libs amaze me.... you never supported ANY of these efforts, Afghanistan OR Iraq. Afghanistan was just the bat used to beat on Bush. Now that it is "put up or shutup" with regard to the liberals stated "Afghanistan First" policy.... it's "puss out as usual"

Fucking liars.

And even more crap. Now it's diarrhea. There were ALWAYS complaints that the Afghanistan war was put on hold for Iraq, fool.

You libs amaze me.... you never supported ANY of these efforts, Afghanistan OR Iraq. Afghanistan was just the bat used to beat on Bush. Now that it is "put up or shutup" with regard to the liberals stated "Afghanistan First" policy.... it's "puss out as usual"

Fucking liars.
I could become petty and ask them where is OBL, after all Obama did say he will get him now didn't he. :lol:

Not a petty question at all. Perhaps, though, you should start asking the prior generals in charge of the skimpy ground war in Afghanistan. Or even Rummy who made the call to let bin Laden slip out of Tora Bora, never to be seen again. (Talk about not listening to generals...Special forces were 10 minutes away from taking OBL out but had to phone home first for approval.)

We did retaliate against the right country, dumbass!
The military contingency sent to Afganistan, mostly special forces, were able to demoblize the Taliban. Then the troop contingency was reduced, money was redirected, and ALL efforts were concentrated on Iraq, allowing the Taliban to reenergize. Iraq, in the meantime, had nothing to do with the attacks of 911. Do some fucking homework, would ya?

Unfortunately, the troop deaths in that country this year have surpassed the total of the last 7 years.

Like I said, god help us if we are attacked with the limpwristed, pencil necked coward we now have in office.

You simply regurgitate illiterate comments, which have zero substance. Grow the fuck up.

If they strategized behind closed doors in the first place, we wouldn't have our SOD and top commander out arguing their case before the media!
They're hardly arguing before the media, moron. What the fuck are you talking about?

Christ, liberals are friggin' idiots!:cuckoo:

Yeah? Well guess what? The next "war" this country wages should be against illiterate loudmouths.

Idiocracy: Not Just a Movie Anymore
I notice you completely failed to address that the troops death rate THIS YEAR is surpassing the total combined of the last seven years.

And, why would we want to wage war on you illiterate loudmouths?

It's much more fun watching idiots like you make complete asses of themselves on podunk message boards.

I addressed increase in troop deaths before. Pay attention. More US troops equal more Taliban fighters equal more deaths. A no-brainer.

And do you even have a clue as to why they aren't "as busy" in Iraq?

Could it possibly be a troop surge that crushed them?

And, you do realize that troop deaths are on the rise in Iraq also now, don't you?

Why of course not!

LOL--what a little jerk you are. Al-Qaeda was hardly "squashed" in Iraq. They simply returned to Afghanistan. Which is the crux of the problem, moron. The incidents in Iraq are between the Shia, Sunni and existing Iraqi government. Another predictable event. Did you know that? WHY OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah right, bitch.

I did two tours over there. That's why i'm enjoying listening to you talk out of your ignorant ass, as usual.

LMAO!

If you did two tours, you sure haven't posted anything smart yet. SmartASS, yes, but zero in substance or even the slightest knowledge of the lengthy history of those two countries, including our own participation in them. All you do is run your insulting mouth, for which you WILL get it thrown right back at you. I couldn't care less if you've got one stripe or a chest full of salad. If you don't know what you're talking about, then take a deep breath, do some homework, and come back when you do.

Thank you for your service WJ.

I mean that - more than you can imagine...

Yes, he must be so proud. Didn't even bother to mention that in his profile. Very odd. Most military people are proud to show their background. Anybody can steal a logo.

All because al-Qaeda isn't as busy in Iraq. All very predictable. It has zero to do with who is "commander in chief."

And do you even have a clue as to why they aren't "as busy" in Iraq?

Could it possibly be a troop surge that crushed them?

And, you do realize that troop deaths are on the rise in Iraq also now, don't you?

Why of course not!

Truth is you've all missed the biggest change in Afghanistan under this pretender CINC. We have had our troops hands tied behind their backs once again. Remember that now if they are receiving fire and it is coming from a Mosque or if there are civilians present we have to turn tail and run away. You want to know why troop casualties are increasing? Because we can't shoot back. And they know it.

Mr Obama; Not good for America.

And yet another tall tale. What's this? Plus, how come there have been reports from troops on the ground in Afghanistan having their M-14's jam on them? If they weren't firing, how would they know?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmJI6wOvh-o]YouTube - FIRE FIGHT IN AFGHANISTAN[/ame]

Obama to servicemen:" I won't risk your lives unless it is absolutely necessary. And if it is necessary, we will back you up."

But Obama won't send more troops to Afghanistan to back up the troops already fighting in a necessary war.

Interesting.

President Obama's Remarks At NAS Jacksonville - Politics News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

{Sigh...} Once again, this time with gusto:
HE HASN'T SAID ANYTHING OF THE KIND...YET!!!

Fucking liars.

And even more crap. Now it's diarrhea. There were ALWAYS complaints that the Afghanistan war was put on hold for Iraq, fool.
And BHO said he would put Afghanistan first. Suckers bought that crap.

Interesting.

{Sigh...} Once again, this time with gusto:
HE HASN'T SAID ANYTHING OF THE KIND...YET!!!
The 'Commander' in Chief has done nothing at all in that respect. He is a hack as CiC.

Forum List

Back