Military Breaking Away From White House?

Sinatra said:
This resignation is significant - and further evidence of a White House in turmoil over what to do with Afghanistan. Casualties have not just increased - they have greatly increased since Obama became Commander in Chief...

All because al-Qaeda isn't as busy in Iraq. All very predictable. It has zero to do with who is "commander in chief."

You know things are screwed when your S.O.D. and top ground commander have to go to the media to argue their case.

God help us if we are attacked again with this sham president and administration in place.

If they strategized behind closed doors, you assholes would be the first to start screaming about LACK OF TRANSPARENCY!!! HE PROMISED!!!! Waaaahhhhhhhhh, whine whine whine.

At least if we're attacked again, we'll retaliate against the right country.
We did retaliate against the right country, dumbass!

Unfortunately, the troop deaths in that country this year have surpassed the total of the last 7 years.

Like I said, god help us if we are attacked with the limpwristed, pencil necked coward we now have in office.

If they strategized behind closed doors in the first place, we wouldn't have our SOD and top commander out arguing their case before the media!

Christ, liberals are friggin' idiots!:cuckoo:

Sinatra said:
This resignation is significant - and further evidence of a White House in turmoil over what to do with Afghanistan. Casualties have not just increased - they have greatly increased since Obama became Commander in Chief...

All because al-Qaeda isn't as busy in Iraq. All very predictable. It has zero to do with who is "commander in chief."

And do you even have a clue as to why they aren't "as busy" in Iraq?

Could it possibly be a troop surge that crushed them?

And, you do realize that troop deaths are on the rise in Iraq also now, don't you?

Why of course not!

inaction and delay in which our Military men and woman are dying is no excuse! It is dereliction of duty. He is commander in chief and playing politics with the lives our our men and woman in the military is a despicable act. I didn't agree with Bush tying our Military hands at the time and now not only is Obama tying their hands but refuse to give the military what they need to win. The sooner we get the job done the faster they come home. If the president is too weak to make that decision or trust his Top (APPOINTED) military officer then BRING THE FUCKING TROOPS HOME.

I have my suspicions as to what Obama is up to but will keep them to myself for now but will give you a clue as where my train of thought is on it. Remember Obama's speech in where he wanted a "Civilian Military, funded and highly trained as our Military".

Nobody likes war, especially our Military members but if our Politicians send them to war then they better damn well give them all the need to win. To blatantly do otherwise is treasonous in my opinion.

Good gawd, do you stay awake nights dreaming up this crap? Sure...the intent is to fight The Taliban and al-Qaeda forces with the equivalent of adult boy scouts. Don't be such an idiot.

inaction and delay in which our Military men and woman are dying is no excuse! It is dereliction of duty. He is commander in chief and playing politics with the lives our our men and woman in the military is a despicable act. I didn't agree with Bush tying our Military hands at the time and now not only is Obama tying their hands but refuse to give the military what they need to win. The sooner we get the job done the faster they come home. If the president is too weak to make that decision or trust his Top (APPOINTED) military officer then BRING THE FUCKING TROOPS HOME.

I have my suspicions as to what Obama is up to but will keep them to myself for now but will give you a clue as where my train of thought is on it. Remember Obama's speech in where he wanted a "Civilian Military, funded and highly trained as our Military".

Nobody likes war, especially our Military members but if our Politicians send them to war then they better damn well give them all the need to win. To blatantly do otherwise is treasonous in my opinion.

This isn't a defense of Obama. I keep seeing people saying things like you did and accusing Obama. In fairness, what was Bush up to? Extending a war and Using fear to win an election? Why didn't he go balls to the wall and get it done and bring the troops home? Why did he concentrate on Iraq and leave Afghaistan hanging? If he had done his job, there would be no soldiers there for Obama to hang out to dry would there?

We can only deal with the now - and the now shows us that half of the overall deaths in Afghanistan have taken place in the last year.

This is the war Obama said was the war he wanted to concentrate on - he ran on that promise and that platform.

And so - we have more soldiers killed in one year under Obama than any year prior, and more killed in any month than any month prior to Obama - and it appears to be getting worse by the day.

This president needs to lead - and to this point, he simply has not done so.

Rather than JUST criticize, why don't you tell us exactly what it is you think he should do? Send in 300,000 troops and wipe out thousands of Afganis and make refugees of the rest? Or just pack it in and come home? What would your brilliant strategy be in this country where no other invading nation has EVER been successful?

This is why you rabid righties get in trouble. You HAVE no alternatives. All you ever do is bitch bitch bitch and think that's enough. Well that's why some of the rest of us stay here, to call you out on it.

Afghanistan has always been a tough prospect. To my knowledge only the Mongols ever pacified the region, and they considered genocide a useful tool for the job of pacification. Obama faces a tough choice - Send Reinforcements or Pack Up and Go. Reinforcements cost money the US can ill afford to spend. That leaves Pack Up and Go as the only viable option.

Had Bush managed to find bin Laden in the battles against the Taliban things might be different, but he did not. Remaining now serves no purpose save to deny our unpalatable situation.

I hadn't read yours first, but I said the same thing. (Great minds think alike!! :lol:)

I will not get involved in Bush v Obama when it comes to this. If Bush is President I have no problem debating about him. Obama is the President, his wife took on the Military Family as her little pet project. They need to answer to the Military mother's fathers, sisters, brothers, and most of all active duty. How can anyone win a war or even hope to sustain an edge when the commander in chief cannot decide on what to do.

He is playing politics of the worse kind here! It is being done blatantly too!

How do you know what he's doing? Do you get personal top secret updates from the Oval Office or the War Room? You know nothing.

This isn't a defense of Obama. I keep seeing people saying things like you did and accusing Obama. In fairness, what was Bush up to? Extending a war and Using fear to win an election? Why didn't he go balls to the wall and get it done and bring the troops home? Why did he concentrate on Iraq and leave Afghaistan hanging? If he had done his job, there would be no soldiers there for Obama to hang out to dry would there?

We can only deal with the now - and the now shows us that half of the overall deaths in Afghanistan have taken place in the last year.

This is the war Obama said was the war he wanted to concentrate on - he ran on that promise and that platform.

And so - we have more soldiers killed in one year under Obama than any year prior, and more killed in any month than any month prior to Obama - and it appears to be getting worse by the day.

This president needs to lead - and to this point, he simply has not done so.

Rather than JUST criticize, why don't you tell us exactly what it is you think he should do? Send in 300,000 troops and wipe out thousands of Afganis and make refugees of the rest? Or just pack it in and come home? What would your brilliant strategy be in this country where no other invading nation has EVER been successful?

This is why you rabid righties get in trouble. You HAVE no alternatives. All you ever do is bitch bitch bitch and think that's enough. Well that's why some of the rest of us stay here, to call you out on it.
I expect the President of the United States of American not do a half ass job! I'm not the Military appointed leader, therefore I won't even try to suggest what I think is best that we do because I'm the the officer in charge in the Theater of Operation however our FUCKING President should be listening to that Officer he appointed. Don't be such a fucking idiot yourself. Oppsie you spilt some kool aide on your shirt.

What has changed? for the last 6 years it's been "Afghanistan, Afghanistan Afghanistan" Now... it's get the fuck out?

Your disingenuousness knows no bounds.

You libs amaze me.... you never supported ANY of these efforts, Afghanistan OR Iraq. Afghanistan was just the bat used to beat on Bush. Now that it is "put up or shutup" with regard to the liberals stated "Afghanistan First" policy.... it's "puss out as usual"

Fucking liars.

You know things are screwed when your S.O.D. and top ground commander have to go to the media to argue their case.

God help us if we are attacked again with this sham president and administration in place.

If they strategized behind closed doors, you assholes would be the first to start screaming about LACK OF TRANSPARENCY!!! HE PROMISED!!!! Waaaahhhhhhhhh, whine whine whine.

The military contingency sent to Afganistan, mostly special forces, were able to demoblize the Taliban. Then the troop contingency was reduced, money was redirected, and ALL efforts were concentrated on Iraq, allowing the Taliban to reenergize. Iraq, in the meantime, had nothing to do with the attacks of 911. Do some fucking homework, would ya?

Unfortunately, the troop deaths in that country this year have surpassed the total of the last 7 years.

Like I said, god help us if we are attacked with the limpwristed, pencil necked coward we now have in office.

You simply regurgitate illiterate comments, which have zero substance. Grow the fuck up.

If they strategized behind closed doors in the first place, we wouldn't have our SOD and top commander out arguing their case before the media!
They're hardly arguing before the media, moron. What the fuck are you talking about?

Yeah? Well guess what? The next "war" this country wages should be against illiterate loudmouths.

Idiocracy: Not Just a Movie Anymore

You libs amaze me.... you never supported ANY of these efforts, Afghanistan OR Iraq. Afghanistan was just the bat used to beat on Bush. Now that it is "put up or shutup" with regard to the liberals stated "Afghanistan First" policy.... it's "puss out as usual"

Fucking liars.
I could become petty and ask them where is OBL, after all Obama did say he will get him now didn't he. :lol:

Sinatra said:

And, you do realize that troop deaths are on the rise in Iraq also now, don't you?

Why of course not!

LOL--what a little jerk you are. Al-Qaeda was hardly "squashed" in Iraq. They simply returned to Afghanistan. Which is the crux of the problem, moron. The incidents in Iraq are between the Shia, Sunni and existing Iraqi government. Another predictable event. Did you know that? WHY OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!!!!!

The military contingency sent to Afganistan, mostly special forces, were able to demoblize the Taliban. Then the troop contingency was reduced, money was redirected, and ALL efforts were concentrated on Iraq, allowing the Taliban to reenergize. Iraq, in the meantime, had nothing to do with the attacks of 911. Do some fucking homework, would ya?

You simply regurgitate illiterate comments, which have zero substance. Grow the fuck up.

They're hardly arguing before the media, moron. What the fuck are you talking about?

Yeah? Well guess what? The next "war" this country wages should be against illiterate loudmouths.

Idiocracy: Not Just a Movie Anymore
I notice you completely failed to address that the troops death rate THIS YEAR is surpassing the total combined of the last seven years.

And, why would we want to wage war on you illiterate loudmouths?

It's much more fun watching idiots like you make complete asses of themselves on podunk message boards.

Why of course not!

LOL--what a little jerk you are. Al-Qaeda was hardly "squashed" in Iraq. They simply returned to Afghanistan. Which is the crux of the problem, moron. The incidents in Iraq are between the Shia, Sunni and existing Iraqi government. Another predictable event. Did you know that? WHY OF COURSE NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah right, bitch.

I did two tours over there. That's why i'm enjoying listening to you talk out of your ignorant ass, as usual.

LMAO!

Thank you for your service WJ.

I mean that - more than you can imagine...

Thank you for your service WJ.

I mean that - more than you can imagine...
I appreciate it, although it's not necessary.

Besides, it gives the LOONY lib's reason to pile on.

Just watch, you'll most likely see what I mean.

Ya' see, to them it's nothing but political. But for me, it's very personal for a variety of reasons.

Obama needs to shit, or get off the pot. It's been a bad year over there thus far. And the only one to hold accountable is the current CIC. Its just the way it is.

Anyhow, my daughters are coming home from ballet practice. I've got much more important things to do this evening so, I gots ta' boogie!

You have an excellent evening Sinatra!

Last edited:
Sinatra said:

Why of course not!

Truth is you've all missed the biggest change in Afghanistan under this pretender CINC. We have had our troops hands tied behind their backs once again. Remember that now if they are receiving fire and it is coming from a Mosque or if there are civilians present we have to turn tail and run away. You want to know why troop casualties are increasing? Because we can't shoot back. And they know it.

Mr Obama; Not good for America.

Forum List

Back