military application of hoverboard

Even if the claims are true, how in the world could the U.S. military gain anything from propelling a human through the air at 93 mph for 7-10 minutes? Legend has it that a 57 chevy was propelled through the air for the same length of time with a couple of military rockets.
Going where they aint.....get guys into places a helo couldn't go.....More range would be nice....half hr minimum I would think

Even if the claims are true, how in the world could the U.S. military gain anything from propelling a human through the air at 93 mph for 7-10 minutes? Legend has it that a 57 chevy was propelled through the air for the same length of time with a couple of military rockets.
Going where they aint.....get guys into places a helo couldn't go.....More range would be nice....half hr minimum I would think

Only one word comes to mind......."PULL!!"

That's because you have no imagination and assume the worst.....

It's takes no imagination to die.

Generals have proven that over and over haven't they.

Been part of the military and know that every military operation might mean a sacrifice for the greater good. How about you?

The FAA will never approve these for civilian use. Too bad. There’s lots of potential in the concept...

Been part of the military and know that every military operation might mean a sacrifice for the greater good. How about you?
Irrelevant to conversation and often times an excuse for incompetence.

Irrelevant to conversation and often times an excuse for incompetence.

The point here is, sometimes a unit has to be sacrificed in battle for the greater good. But you don't do it foolishly. If you are going to sacrifice the unit, you want the unit to take as many of the enemy with them as possible in much greater percentage numbers than their own. The Hover board doesn't fit that model. It just puts your troops in harms way with no real surprise, no cover and plenty of noise announcing the arrival. There is nothing to be gained from that action.

Even if the claims are true, how in the world could the U.S. military gain anything from propelling a human through the air at 93 mph for 7-10 minutes?
But it would make a heck of a James Bond movie.

I guess it might have some use if it can work for an hour or several hours, but we're far from that.

Forum List

Back