Military and Combat policies

IceMan30

Sep 24, 2016
I was asked, what would happen if we sent into combat...
Pilots that are at best, Civilian sport / stunt pilots and civilian helicopter pilots...
Riflemen that at are best civilian sport hunters.
Sailors that are at best civilian sailboat racers / long distance sailboat sailors.
Medics that are at best, civilian Master's degree nurses and Perhaps surgeons.

I said we would get our fucking asses beat with an inch of our lives.
Combat doesn't work that way today.
And the level of discipline, and order and teamwork would be NON-Existent, and there would be no chain of command either and if one was established it would not be respected and obeyed.
The chain of command is to be obeyed period... no matter what.
That's a military.

And what YOU think is common sense on a battlefield, see em, shoot em... could be a fatal tactical error in certain cases, or worse... a war crime.

Last edited:
47E8D.gif

• Banned
War is young men dying and old men talking.
that's war for the loser.
And I don't give a fuck what war you ever been in.
If you haven't been in any war, Vietnam or earlier, you haven't seen death.
You seen a hippie party shooting turkeys.
And even in Vietnam, you seen tactical victory.

And I'm not really convinced that our military structure is prepared to actually see death, as would be dished out by an enemy armed with Our own equipment, plus other western weapons and with westernized training.

Last edited:
Woman Holds National Guard's Top Enlisted Post...
thumbsup.gif

1st Woman to Hold National Guard's Top Enlisted Post
17 Nov 2017 — A 23-year veteran of the U.S. military now serving as the top enlisted leader of the New York Army and Air National Guard is the first woman to hold the position.
State officials say Air National Command Chief Master Sgt. Amy Giaquinto took over the new post last month. The agency says she also became the first Air Guard noncommissioned officer to hold the job of senior enlisted adviser to the top ranked general in the New York National Guard.

amy-giaquinto-1800-ts600.jpg

Chief Master Sgt. Amy Giaquinto, senior enlisted leader, New York Air National Guard, addresses African partner senior enlisted leaders, about the State Partnership Program, Nov. 10, 2017.​

The position had been held by male New York Army National Guard command sergeant majors since it was created in the 1970s.

Giaquinto's military career began in 1984, with a three-year stint in the U.S. Army. After a 10-year break in service, the Ballston Spa resident joined the Air Guard's 109th Airlift Wing in Schenectady County.

1st Woman to Hold National Guard's Top Enlisted Post | Military.com

Forum List

Back