MILITARIZE Baby! MILITARIZE!

I have no problem with the police having the best equipment possible to do their jobs effectively, while minimizing the risks to them. However, I think there needs to be a balance, especially with the day to day police officer, and how they dress, and act. I do get a sense there is more of an intimidation factor today, in how they are perceived. That may do with more, and more wearing "SWAT" type gear, and wielding some of the military equipment they have a little too freely.

Some units are beginning to look like a Standing Army instead of civilians that "Protect, and Serve".
I'm more concerned with safety and saving lives, than what things look like.

The problem is that the cops like most people have an idea. If we have it we might as well use it.

They tossed a flash bang grenade in and maimed a baby.
Blame the people who outlawed recreational drug use.

Pfui. They were not the ones who convinced the cops and the public that a hand grenade was a good choice for police.

Hand grenade is not a description of a flash bang. Why do you lie?

Rand Paul: demilitarize police now!

also Rand Paul: capitol police saved our lives! it would have been a massacre without them!

I have no problem with the police having the best equipment possible to do their jobs effectively, while minimizing the risks to them. However, I think there needs to be a balance, especially with the day to day police officer, and how they dress, and act. I do get a sense there is more of an intimidation factor today, in how they are perceived. That may do with more, and more wearing "SWAT" type gear, and wielding some of the military equipment they have a little too freely.

Some units are beginning to look like a Standing Army instead of civilians that "Protect, and Serve".

The problem is that the cops like most people have an idea. If we have it we might as well use it.

Pfui. They were not the ones who convinced the cops and the public that a hand grenade was a good choice for police.

Tell it to the Army. They call it a hand grenade.

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/3-23-30/ch1.htm

PMCCS

Ah hell. What would the Army know about it.

FM 3-23.30 Chptr 1 Types of Grenades

PMCCS

Yeah, it is thrown by hand, but if it blows up, it will not kill you! Most people picture the "pineapple" grenades that are no longer used, Hollywood hypes those type of grenades up so much for effect, most people are disappointed when they see a real one demonstrated. No huge explosions, which is why they make for bad special effects.

I am very familiar with these "distraction devices". We use the real ones in training. The troops refer to them as "flash-bangs" or "bangers". They come in 3 varieties. The term "grenade" is NEVER used to describe them, or smoke, or even fragmentation grenades.

I carry a scar on my left leg from one that one of the nine "bangers" charges exploded when it hit me. It was an incredible set of circumstances that led to that minor injury. The most serious injuries that occur from these is fact that you are throwing a chunk of metal at someone.

Last edited:

PMCCS

Yeah, it is thrown by hand, but if it blows up, it will not kill you!

I am very familiar with these devices. We use the real ones in training. The troops refer to them as "flash-bangs" or "bangers". They come in 3 varieties. The term "grenade" is NEVER used to describe them, or smoke, or even fragmentation grenades.

I carry a scar on my left leg from one that one of the nine "bangers" exploded when it hit me. It was an incredible set of circumstances that led to that minor injury. The most serious injuries that occur from these is fact that you are throwing a chunk of metal at someone.

Troops called the M-60 Machine Gun the pig. They called a lot of things by nicknames. The official name of the “flash bang” is M-84 Stun Hand Grenade. I won the Soldier of the Month competition largely because I knew the correct terminology of among other things the grenades. Since you can be injured or killed by the Stun Hand Grenade, the Army considers it Less Lethal, not Non Lethal. The other types of Hand Grenades are Fragmentation, Smoke (two types actually), Riot Control, Offensive, and Incindiary.

Specifics matter when ordering or requesting equipment and supplies. Just because the troops called the M-16 a Mattel Toy doesn’t mean you can ask for one by that name.

PMCCS

I am very familiar with these devices. We use the real ones in training. The troops refer to them as "flash-bangs" or "bangers". They come in 3 varieties. The term "grenade" is NEVER used to describe them, or smoke, or even fragmentation grenades.

I carry a scar on my left leg from one that one of the nine "bangers" exploded when it hit me. It was an incredible set of circumstances that led to that minor injury. The most serious injuries that occur from these is fact that you are throwing a chunk of metal at someone.

Troops called the M-60 Machine Gun the pig. They called a lot of things by nicknames. The official name of the “flash bang” is M-84 Stun Hand Grenade. I won the Soldier of the Month competition largely because I knew the correct terminology of among other things the grenades. Since you can be injured or killed by the Stun Hand Grenade, the Army considers it Less Lethal, not Non Lethal. The other types of Hand Grenades are Fragmentation, Smoke (two types actually), Riot Control, Offensive, and Incindiary.

Specifics matter when ordering or requesting equipment and supplies. Just because the troops called the M-16 a Mattel Toy doesn’t mean you can ask for one by that name.

Do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on?

Soldier of the Month, huh? Wow! I am impressed! [/sarcasm]

PMCCS

I had to do the Soldier of the Month to get out from under an aw shit I pulled. That was how you got volunteered for it in my day. You stepped on your dick, and if you didn’t get an Article 15, you got Soldier of the Month. My aw shit was big enough I was told I had better win.

I notice you didn’t argue with the terminology any more. I wonder why?

PMCCS

I had to do the Soldier of the Month to get out from under an aw shit I pulled. That was how you got volunteered for it in my day. You stepped on your dick, and if you didn’t get an Article 15, you got Soldier of the Month. My aw shit was big enough I was told I had better win.

I already proved you wrong. There is no need to belittle you further, as you are doing such a great job on yourself!

I say if a previously military vehicle (or equipment) provides extra protection or utility to our officers I'm all for it; they deserve the best protection from the filth criminals they can get.

The fact that they can buy this equipment cheap off the military is just a bonus in my book.

PMCCS

I already proved you wrong. There is no need to belittle you further, as you are doing such a great job on yourself!

Really?

06D80EDC-8599-4762-8389-47F643213084.jpeg

Odd. I don’t see it called a stunner. The Urban Dictionary doesn’t have it listed either.

Urban Dictionary: Stunner

Oh. I found it. Apparently that is the name in a Role Playing Game.

40k RPG Master Armoury -Stunner Grenade | 40k RPG Tools

Tell us about your Cosplay experience Hero. LOL.

Found a video, is this you?

That's what interventions are for, and for people in someone's lives who love and care for them to speak up and help them. It's very tough because you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped, just like it's really tough to force someone into something they don't want to do.

That's my only argument here. I'm willing to have an opinion on a given topic, argue the merits of it and advocate for someone to think the same way i do... but i'm not willing to force my opinion on others, much less by using governmental force.
If it'll keep drugged and drunk drivers off the road, I'm for it. I'm also not too cool with junkies burglarizing my home, because they've got a moronic, expensive habit to satisfy.
Kellogg's Killers

The carbohydrate-loaded average America diet is a gateway drug to all addictions. But the food processing companies and advertisers make trillions off it. That's supposed to benefit all, even though a rising yacht capsizes all rafts.

Unless all those cops got a few decades each in prison for that stunt, then yes, those politicians who wrote and maintained those laws are ultimately responsible, as are the voters who voted for them.

Really?

View attachment 195160

Odd. I don’t see it called a stunner. The Urban Dictionary doesn’t have it listed either.

OK, now you have really lost it! Where did I call it a "stunner"? I didn't!

STFU and go play in traffic!

Really?

View attachment 195160

OK, now you have really lost it! Where did I call it a "stunner"? I didn't!

STFU and go play in traffic!

PMCCS

Yeah, it is thrown by hand, but if it blows up, it will not kill you! Most people picture the "pineapple" grenades that are no longer used, Hollywood hypes those type of grenades up so much for effect, most people are disappointed when they see a real one demonstrated. No huge explosions, which is why they make for bad special effects.

I am very familiar with these "distraction devices". We use the real ones in training. The troops refer to them as "flash-bangs" or "bangers". They come in 3 varieties. The term "grenade" is NEVER used to describe them, or smoke, or even fragmentation grenades.

I carry a scar on my left leg from one that one of the nine "bangers" charges exploded when it hit me. It was an incredible set of circumstances that led to that minor injury. The most serious injuries that occur from these is fact that you are throwing a chunk of metal at someone.

Horse shit. THIS is what one of those "harmless" things does to a baby.
140627160917-nr-bts-alecia-phonesavanh-son-injured-in-swat-raid-00003010-horizontal-large-gallery.jpg

Forum List

Back