militants vow conquor rome and slit catholics throats

Probably the same impact western society has had on Iraq with 40,000 civilian deaths since the invasion fo Iraq. I'm talking more every day life/culturally. Islam has had no impact on my every day life. I can read what I like, eat what I like, pray or not pray...No western civilisation (including Europe) has had any tangible negative affects of Islam in their every day life. Islam is only militant in the ME and parts of the former Soviet Republic, and even small parts of India. Outsida that, nada. Sure, it has made Westerners more aware of them, and there has been the odd attack (in London, the Cole and 9-11), but they would argue (especially Bin Laden) that it is a direct result of Western influence in their part of the world. I believe that if the west hadn't/wasn't propping up the likes of Saudi Arabia 9-11 would never have happened. No, Islam has had minimal impact on the west culturally. The Chicken Little crowd tend to take the extremists in any cause and treat them as the norm. AQ et al are not the norm.

That's because you sit HERE on your fat ass in front of the tube criticizing those that are out keeping that impact from getting rammed up your ass.

You libs are despicable and undeserving of the life provided you on the backs of better than you'll ever be.

Absolutely! Except that Islam knocked down the World Trade Center, the Pentagon, killed commuters in the London subways and in Spain and what was that burning smell in France this past spring... the smell of young Islamic youth burning cars.....

you're right, no impact at all....
Not to mention that tonight they riot over the Pontiff's quotes, which he purposely said were quotes, twice. A nun has been murdered, a priest taken captive, probably killed. Demands for the pontiff to be killed have been made.

Months back, the excuse for killing, burning, rioting were cartoons.

Before that, France because they ghettoized.

Before that, Palestine.

And so it goes...

Bottom line, they are upfront: Convert or die.

Not to mention that tonight they riot over the Pontiff's quotes, which he purposely said were quotes, twice. A nun has been murdered, a priest taken captive, probably killed. Demands for the pontiff to be killed have been made.

Before that, Palestine.

And so it goes...

No ambiguity there, and still some make excuses...... sigh

Before that, Palestine.

And so it goes...

I just wonder what it has to do before complete freakin' morons, such as a few we know and DON'T love, get a clue? Does it take some raghead with an AK-47 on the front step?

I just wonder what it has to do before complete freakin' morons, such as a few we know and DON'T love, get a clue? Does it take some raghead with an AK-47 on the front step?

That would not be enough. Two planes into WTC, one into Pentagon, one meant for Capitol, were not enough...

Must be bigger, but I'm sure they will do so.

Sounds about right

Well, I propose we cut the crap and quit playing "tea party" with these idiots and follow a basic, sound military tactic .... engage the enemy by fire and close combat until he is rendered incapable of existing as a fighting force and/or carrying out further hostile action.

Probably the same impact western society has had on Iraq with 40,000 civilian deaths since the invasion fo Iraq. I'm talking more every day life/culturally. Islam has had no impact on my every day life. I can read what I like, eat what I like, pray or not pray...No western civilisation (including Europe) has had any tangible negative affects of Islam in their every day life. Islam is only militant in the ME and parts of the former Soviet Republic, and even small parts of India. Outsida that, nada. Sure, it has made Westerners more aware of them, and there has been the odd attack (in London, the Cole and 9-11), but they would argue (especially Bin Laden) that it is a direct result of Western influence in their part of the world. I believe that if the west hadn't/wasn't propping up the likes of Saudi Arabia 9-11 would never have happened. No, Islam has had minimal impact on the west culturally. The Chicken Little crowd tend to take the extremists in any cause and treat them as the norm. AQ et al are not the norm.

Pastor Martin Niemöller said:
First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Since they don't currently threaten your perceived reality, you do not perceive them to be a threat. You might want to re-examine your perception of reality and compare it to what these muslims are threatening. You might find that the enemy of your enemy might still be your enemy as well, and not your friend. Read Pastor Martin Niemöller's statement above and then reflect on the dictates of Medina Islam and how it would affect your life should you come to live in a majority muslim area.

Since they don't currently threaten your perceived reality, you do not perceive them to be a threat. You might want to re-examine your perception of reality and compare it to what these muslims are threatening. You might find that the enemy of your enemy might still be your enemy as well, and not your friend. Read Pastor Martin Niemöller's statement above and then reflect on the dictates of Medina Islam and how it would affect your life should you come to live in a majority muslim area.

Or the other....
"Evil flourishes when good men do nothing"

"Those that fail history are doomed to repeat it"

and still we dont' learn

islam has little or no impact on Western society. You guys give it way more credit than it deserves.

I know it's pointless to even bother asking this, but I'm going to anyway.

Why is that people like you go out of your way to defend, or dismiss, Islam?

Why is that? You are posting on message board. You have access to all the information required to have an informed opinion about what Islam is, what it's purpose is, what's it's followers are doing, and have been doing for many years.

To say that Islam has no impact on Western society is pretty stupid. But yet you really do believe that. It boggles.

I'll say it again:
هناك ما من إلهة غير أنّ إلهة ، ويسوع إبنته.

This all reminds me of an old classic monster movie called The Thing From Another World (remade into The Thing). It was about a group of scientists and army guys in the Arctic who dig up a space ship and one of its inhabitants. Most of the scientists and soldiers realize that this giant life form is a giant threat. But one of them decides that it is just misunderstood, and they should all just try to understand it and be nice to it. Then it will surely stop the senseless killing. He probably even thought the other guys were being alienphobic.

Can you guess what happened to him? Dead. The monster didn't care about the men or their intentions. He just wanted to kill them.

Eventually, the realistic tougher guys had to destroy the monster, before it destroyed all of them.

This all reminds me of an old classic monster movie called The Thing From Another World (remade into The Thing). It was about a group of scientists and army guys in the Arctic who dig up a space ship and one of its inhabitants. Most of the scientists and soldiers realize that this giant life form is a giant threat. But one of them decides that it is just misunderstood, and they should all just try to understand it and be nice to it. Then it will surely stop the senseless killing. He probably even thought the other guys were being alienphobic.

Can you guess what happened to him? Dead. The monster didn't care about the men or their intentions. He just wanted to kill them.

Eventually, the realistic tougher guys had to destroy the monster, before it destroyed all of them.

i beat that video game...i must be one of the realistic tougher guys

I'm also reminded of a movie/book, "The Lord of the Rings." Throughout "The Two Towers" and "The Return of the King," Frodo is convinced that Gollum is just tortured and misunderstood. He thinks that if he's nice to Gollum that Gollum will be nice to him. What happens? He gets fed to a spider and his finger bitten off. In the meantime, Sam, who has seen Gollum for what he was all along, forgives Frodo's naivete and comes in and saves his ass from the crazy schizo.

I know it's pointless to even bother asking this, but I'm going to anyway.

Why is that people like you go out of your way to defend, or dismiss, Islam?

Why is that? You are posting on message board. You have access to all the information required to have an informed opinion about what Islam is, what it's purpose is, what's it's followers are doing, and have been doing for many years.

To say that Islam has no impact on Western society is pretty stupid. But yet you really do believe that. It boggles.

Probably for the same reason Chicken Little's like you see them as a threat. They aren't. Show me any tangible evidence that there has been any significant change in Western society due to Islam. hint: there hasn't. It is people like you and Cocky who like to get people in a lather over nothing. Sure there are bad muslims, but there are bad people everywhere. The media doesn't help. Outside of Iraq, more non-muslims are murdered by other non-muslims in the US alone each year, let alone the rest of the western world. It reminds me of a doco on the media I saw five years ago. It was showing how they manipulate a situation. One instance really sticks out. It was in India and showed a Hindu "riot." There was this woman on top of a step ladder yelilng and screaming and getting everybody around her in a frenzy. And I tell you what, they were in a huge frenzy. About 100 of them. Then the camera panned back. There were about 10,000 people there. The other 9,900 odd were just standing there doing nothing, but if the camera had not panned back people would have been left with the impression that there was a huge riot. I see you guys treating Islam the same. It is a crappy religion for sure - the worst even, but the vast majority 99.9% are OK. How many extremist muslims are there? 40,000? 100,000? There are over 1,000,000,000 in the world. The idiots are hardly a drop in the bucket, but you guys like to make them out to be the norm. They are not. And for you Looney Libs who give the Islam fanatics a free pass, see the movie Osama (Osama is a fictional story about a 14 year old girl living under the Taliban, it's not about You Know Who)...

It is people like you and Cocky who like to get people in a lather over nothing. Sure there are bad muslims, but there are bad people everywhere.

First, please explain how I am working people into a lather. Your characterization of me is way off base, and while I do not require an apology, one is certainly due me.

Second, I happen to know and work with some very nice and likable muslims. Nothing wrong with acknowledging individual actions that are positive, not just negative.

Third, you really haven't tried to learn a thing about Islam have you? Where mulsims are a minority, they practice Meccan Islam, the calm and peaceful face which Mohammed taught should be presented to the world when not in a position of power. Where muslims take the majority, they practice Medina Islam which is the extremely violent and uncompromising form of the religion.

Fourth, the parallel can be drawn between the Judeo-Christian religions during the Inquisition and current Islam. There are a few movements withing the muslim world to modernize Islam, however they have little power and have made little headway to date. Until such an Islamic Reformation can occur, it will remain stuck in a rut of brutality.

The media doesn't help. Outside of Iraq, more non-muslims are murdered by other non-muslims in the US alone each year, let alone the rest of the western world.

I can agree with that to a point - I have no love for ANY of the mainstream media. It's no longer about reporting the news, but rather finding the next sensational story.

First, please explain how I am working people into a lather. Your characterization of me is way off base, and while I do not require an apology, one is certainly due me.

By using Niemoller's post in an attempt to alarm people, or make them think that somehow that that post aimed at Nazism is somehow relevent to Islam.

Third, you really haven't tried to learn a thing about Islam have you?

Really? Says you after saying something like this:

Where muslims take the majority, they practice Medina Islam which is the extremely violent and uncompromising form of the religion.

You mean like Tunisia? Or Morocco? Or Oman? Or the UAE? Or Bangladesh? Or Uzbekistan? Or Tazakstan? Or Turkey? Or Albania? Or Indonesia? Or Libya? Or Chad? Or Mauritania? Or Azerbijan? Or Jordan? Or Djibouti? Or Bahrain? Or Qatar? Or Algeria? All countries with muslim majorities. While there have been violent incidents in SOME of the those countries, they are hardly the norm. For example, Indonesia had the Bali bombing (kinda ironic that it is the only island in the country that isn't majority muslim), but what other incident has occurred there? Nothing. So, you were saying about these countries fostering extreme violence in the name of islam?

Forum List

Back