Miliary Benefits Are Disappearing

yep, I'll be glad when they get finished with the expansion though.

Actually, shopping seems to go a lot faster now. I like the way they have it laid out - frozen stuff last. Remember a few weeks ago, before they had produce open and the new entrance - you started off with frozen stuff. I didn't like that arrangement at all.

Yep, it's much nicer now. Thank you taxpayers.
You're not thanking Obama? Or does he only get blame?

I remember when I was a kid, I loved to go to 4th of July parades. And sometimes I would see some men suddenly burst into tears as the flag would pass by. My parents explained to me they were veterans. WWII and Korea were not that far in the past when I was a kid.

I did not understand why these men were so emotional about the flag. A lot of people were actually burning the flag back then, and calling it "just a piece of cloth".

When I joined the military many years later, I did not do it out of patriotism. It just looked like a great way to get a technical education and to see the world. It certainly was not my plan to serve 20 years, but that's what I ended up doing.

Then one day after I retired, I went to a parade.

And the flag went by.

And then I was one of those guys.

Caught me TOTALLY by surprise.

:salute:

The military is voluntary. Nobody is forced to join. You know you are going to "get shot at" when you join. Same with police officers. Firefighters know they are going to run into burning buildings.
But, how much subsidies are "enough"? If someone goes into the military for 3 years are we then supposed to keep that person for the rest of their life? Pay everything from healthcare to their car and mortgage? At what point does the military and perks become something beyond what it is intended and not just another govt dependency plan? None of us have issues with treating our military or soldiers well. We want the best possible equipment and gear and good pay. But, i see politicians using the Military in a way and trying to turn them into another govt dependency group.

Mortage? Car Payment? wtf are you going on about. The military doesnt pay for that. You get a pension and health care, only after serving 20 years or more. Less than that all you get is VA benefits.

VA benefits. They ware what keep many bums in the streets alive. Then there are the criminals that use them to restart their lives. Oh yeah, front of the line for all those government jobs conservatives want to cut.

Conservatives love veteran's benefits because it helps people they've thrown out of work

The military is voluntary. Nobody is forced to join. You know you are going to "get shot at" when you join. Same with police officers. Firefighters know they are going to run into burning buildings.
But, how much subsidies are "enough"? If someone goes into the military for 3 years are we then supposed to keep that person for the rest of their life? Pay everything from healthcare to their car and mortgage? At what point does the military and perks become something beyond what it is intended and not just another govt dependency plan? None of us have issues with treating our military or soldiers well. We want the best possible equipment and gear and good pay. But, i see politicians using the Military in a way and trying to turn them into another govt dependency group.

Mortage? Car Payment? wtf are you going on about. The military doesnt pay for that. You get a pension and health care, only after serving 20 years or more. Less than that all you get is VA benefits.

VA benefits. They ware what keep many bums in the streets alive. Then there are the criminals that use them to restart their lives. Oh yeah, front of the line for all those government jobs conservatives want to cut.

Conservatives love veteran's benefits because it helps people they've thrown out of work

Those VA Benefits doesn't include car payments or mortage payments shit stain.

Actually, shopping seems to go a lot faster now. I like the way they have it laid out - frozen stuff last. Remember a few weeks ago, before they had produce open and the new entrance - you started off with frozen stuff. I didn't like that arrangement at all.

Yep, it's much nicer now. Thank you taxpayers.
You're not thanking Obama? Or does he only get blame?

The last I read, Obama is also a taxpayer. He does not need a seperate thank you. He though, is the fucken idiot that submitted a dumbass budget that proposes that I pay a shitload more money annually for my health coverage. His budget last year got laughed at by the senate 97-0. I imagine that this year's will as well. The people need to know what the fool is up to. You, though, if employed and one of the few in this country that pays taxes, keep writing those checks and pay for the benefits coming to those of us that are due.

Those VA Benefits doesn't include car payments or mortage[sic] payments shit stain.

Using the conservative logic of the day -- as with Planned Parenthood, government payments subsidize other actions. Recipients are able to afford mortgage payments and car payments because the welfare subsidies ( VA benefits), handouts, free up other monies

Those VA Benefits doesn't include car payments or mortage[sic] payments shit stain.

Using the conservative logic of the day -- as with Planned Parenthood, government payments subsidize other actions. Recipients are able to afford mortgage payments and car payments because the welfare subsidies ( VA benefits), handouts, free up other monies

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I speak of the growing disconnect between the Military and the Civilian sector, you obviously never served a damn day in your life. VA Benefits are a case by case basis and that amount is different for everyone depending on their disabilities, and they are not hand outs you stupid fuck.

You are the kind of stupid that there is no coming back from. VA benefits aren't a hand out, they are not welfare, they are earned from time in combat and time in service. You know, fight for the country boom truck hit by an ied wow 200 a month few more times I might have a decent check on my hand.

You are the kind of stupid that there is no coming back from. VA benefits aren't a hand out, they are not welfare, they are earned from time in combat and time in service. You know, fight for the country boom truck hit by an ied wow 200 a month few more times I might have a decent check on my hand.

Well said. Unfortunately, he's too dense to comprehend.

We are wasting our time with that ass hat Dante, to her VA benefits and disability are one in the same as food stamps, Welfare checks and Cash aid.

We are wasting our time with that ass hat Dante, to her VA benefits and disability are one in the same as food stamps, Welfare checks and Cash aid.

There's a bunch of dumbfucks posting on this thread.

Its just illustrating my point on how far the divide is between the Veteran/Military and Civilian sectors, we ain't seen nothing yet. As the more time goes on the 20 year retirement plan for the Military will be scrapped and all the Active Duty soldiers will have to fend for themselves for healthcare, housing and combat pay will be eliminated as well.

Its just illustrating my point on how far the divide is between the Veteran/Military and Civilian sectors, we ain't seen nothing yet. As the more time goes on the 20 year retirement plan for the Military will be scrapped and all the Active Duty soldiers will have to fend for themselves for healthcare, housing and combat pay will be eliminated as well.

yep

What's a Senator make?
What's an E-4 with a wife and two kids make - the active duty one in a combat zone.
You should be ashamed of yourself, you unpatriotic fuck

You are misunderstanding my point. And if you are anti union or a Republican then I am accusing you of being the unpatriotic fuck. I think unions are just as important to middle class America as our soldiers are. Let me explain. America wouldn't be the great place it is today if it weren't for unions. And as we see union membership decline, so does the middle class. Do you like 40 hour work weeks and overtime? Thank a union. How about vacation days and sick days? How about fair and safe labor laws that protect you in the workplace? Unions faught and died for all these things.

And just like there are bad soldiers there are bad union members. Doesn't mean you condemn the whole group.

Are you in the GOP? Thenk you are in favor of breaking unions. Having them pay more for their healthcare? Take away their collective bargaining rights. Take pay cuts so the company/country can be more profitable? Why should they sacrafice and not you? Police should take cuts but not you?

I agree. The Senator makes too much and they didn't go after his pay. They want after teachers, police and firefighters. Same for the Bush tax breaks. Rather than let them expire like they should, they asked teachers and firefighters to pay more. If you are ok with that, then you are the unpatriotic fuck. I don't care if you served or not. You know the few bad apples I mentioned earlier? I would just consider you a bad apple.

And I don't advocate for cutting your benefits. Not unless you are a righty. Then I would say you deserve the cuts because you vote for the wrong party. In other words, serves you right.

The GOP would say you don't deserve anything more than you were promised when you signed up. And even then, you may have to sacrafice just like you are asking others to do when they renig on their pensions ala Bain Capital. No one forced you to sign up. You were paid a wage. Given a break on college, correct?

You know what; in nine years in the army, I did see a few bad soldiers; I have seen a lot more union thugs, though. And as comparing pay and service between first responders and the military, I've done both, and the military pays a lot less, for a lot more risk. That's right a lot more risk- I've run into a burning building, and I've also run into enemy fire-would you care to know which I'd prefer to face? By the way, in my experience, the LEAST professional first responders I've ever seen all worked in unionized departments-I wonder why that is?

Of course, as the words I bolded indicate, this is totally political with you. I can smell a union democrat a mile away, and I already figured you for one-this just confirms it.

I'm not a lifer, but I've known and served with a lot of them, and pal, most of them aren't working 40 hour weeks either; the military doesn't have as many butt jobs as it once did. You just dislike them, because the majority of them do NOT share your political views. Of course, you wouldn't know anything first-hand about any of that, because my guess is, you never served. Now end it, little child, because the MEN here are trying to have a conversation.

USMC Grunts and the rest of their combat arms units are working 24/7 in Iraq and Afghanistan. Just like they have done through out our history. Those not presently in combat are constantly training to remain combat ready. The lifers from WWII and Korea were high ranking NCOs and Officers in Vietnam and they taught and led us well.
God Bless Them!

This is exactly what I'm talking about when I speak of the growing disconnect between the Military and the Civilian sector, you obviously never served a damn day in your life. VA Benefits are a case by case basis and that amount is different for everyone depending on their disabilities, and they are not hand outs you stupid fuck.

yeah right. every bum I know has told me they had their discharge upgraded and they get VA benefits.

every time I've volunteered at some homeless shelter or food place some VA guy shows up and tries to sign up everyone.

I've been told how to screw the VA, get benefits and live off the system

wake the fuck up turd boy. I know people who ran the VA and have to keep my mouth shut around them, because like you they are all blind

yeah right. every bum I know has told me they had their discharge upgraded and they get VA benefits.

every time I've volunteered at some homeless shelter or food place some VA guy shows up and tries to sign up everyone.

wake the fuck up turd boy. I know people who ran the VA and have to keep my mouth shut around them, because like you they are all blind

So if these people are in the homeless shelter how in the fuck are they using their VA Benefits for mortages and car payments you boot licking faggot? if anything it sounds like their benefits need an upgrade. Also you keeping your mouth shut around the guys who run the VA shows how much of a spineless little pussy ass bitch you are.

Last edited:

I hope every vet in this thread neg reps your pathetic non-serving Commie ass.
I sure did.

before 911 -

most every vet I know never saw a day of combat in their lives.

most every vet I met over a certain age, went into the military as a last resort...they were criminals and bums. they got paid and became criminals and bums on leaving military.

then some VA counselor shows up and tells people how to scam the system. just ask any honest vet. It's an open secret

Forum List

Back