Mikey Moore: "Capitalism is a 'Ponzi Scheme'?

That's putting words in your mouth? LOL. You are so paranoid. It's cute to see you virtually wet your pants.

Yes, it is. You're nothing but a concern troll who adds nothing to the conversation.

In several ways, Capitalism IS a Ponzi-Scheme as it partly fits the definition.

I am no fan of Moore, but his statement is correct: "capitalism is a 'ponzi scheme'
That is assuming that Capitlism is a "Zero-Sum Game", which it isn't. Capitalism actually creates wealth. Moore, and his ilk, (which benefit from denouncing it), actually are hypoctites. And that is the point of it.

I suggest that you look up the definition of "Ponzi Scheme".

You assume that if someone loses a certain amount, someone gained that same amount.

Wealth is created all the time.

Now why does Moore want to defeat by his films/rhetoric, that which he benefits from?

In your statement? That would mean that he is stealing it, wouldn't it?

Is there a theroem or formula that predicts how long it takes for any given conversation to come around to blaming BOOOOOOOOOSH!?!?!???? :rofl:

Nice deflection. I was merely using that quote to get my point across. It has more to do with Capitalism than Bush. However, I notice you ignore such comments.
The only whay you've tried to get your point across has been through paltitudes, diverting to the incoherent ramblings of an ex-prez who was anything but a capitalist, and antique cryptic sayings from someone else.....Which, even though aren't ignored, are held in low regard insofar as substance is concerned.

How 'bout you add something here form the cobwebbed corners of your own pointy head?

Last edited:
That's putting words in your mouth? LOL. You are so paranoid. It's cute to see you virtually wet your pants.

Yes, it is. You're nothing but a concern troll who adds nothing to the conversation.

In several ways, Capitalism IS a Ponzi-Scheme as it partly fits the definition.
Still whining?

Grow a pair.

And, if you can calm down enough to explain how it is possible that capitalism is a ponzi scheme, we'd all love to hear it.

Just saying it makes me think your spouting such anger is because your gay lover Moore is getting picked on.

Last edited:
So far we have Sunni man and dogbert and all they can say is 'it is'?

Do either of you have any desire to articulate why it is, or just whine 'it is'?

Last edited:
As to the dissenters, answer me this.... I make X amount of dollars a year. I find out you make Y dollars a year, which is 20% more than me. Like me, you worked long hard hours for your money. But since you make more than me, that means you are greedy and don't have a right to all of that money. You are part of the "ponzi scheme." If you want to practice what you preach, you should be giving me the difference between salaries. If you tell me you won't do that, you are a hypocrite and an authoritarian, who wants to use the long arm of government for your own devices.

If the rich can't find a way to get richer, we're all in a helluva fix, Bubba.

Yeah, I suppose "for the good of America" the poor should get fleeced. :eusa_eh:

Bushisms Audio Clips - Uniquely American

Good way of putting it Mr. President, "uniquely American". Uniquely American that a woman who works three jobs to support herself, and her three sons while one is mentally challenged still struggles. That's Capitalism at it's finest.

I always love how one thinks they are making a valid point when they choose an extreme example to make their point.

Still whining?

Grow a pair.

And, if you can clam down enough to explain how it is possible that capitalism is a ponzi scheme, we'd all love to hear it.

Just saying it makes me think your spouting such anger is because your gay lover Moore is getting picked on.

You need to grow a pair and grow some common sense. I don't care about Michael Moore. Though I can see you equate Gay lover with being an insult, aren't you just showing yourself to be not ignorant. :rolleyes:

As to why Capitalism is partly a Ponzi Scheme it's simply: Wealth in a Ponzi Scheme is concentrated towards a few while the ones who are at the bottom are given the illusion that they can be one day those people at the top. That's Capitalism where there is no regulations as well. Wealth has continued to be more concentrated towards the top 10%, over 85% yet the lower 10% only have less than 15%. Meanwhile, those at the bottom are given the illusion that if they work hard enough, they can obtain that "American Dream." Which while that term use to mean something, it's bullshit today.

All of these incidents where the rich are robbing the poor through scams, bad deals, etc happened in part due to deregulation. Starting from Reagan and on, especially under Clinton, people felt it would be a good idea to let the foxes in charge of the hen house. Now we're seeing the effects of that stupidity today.

As to the dissenters, answer me this.... I make X amount of dollars a year. I find out you make Y dollars a year, which is 20% more than me. Like me, you worked long hard hours for your money. But since you make more than me, that means you are greedy and don't have a right to all of that money. You are part of the "ponzi scheme." If you want to practice what you preach, you should be giving me the difference between salaries. If you tell me you won't do that, you are a hypocrite and an authoritarian, who wants to use the long arm of government for your own devices.

For someone who thinks they know what a "Ponzi scheme" is, you clearly don't.

And what's so wrong with that?

That model works both ways, when valued employees and contractors ask for more money.

:lol: Right. The rich get richer, while the poor get more poor while thinking they got a good deal. Sounds good to me. :thup:

It's all an illusion. Make them think they get a good deal, but meanwhile you walk away with your pockets stuffed.

This has generally not been the case.

Living standards have been rising for all income groups. A few subgroups - i.e., uneducated white males - has seen their standard of living slip over the past two generations. However, for the most part, everyone has seen an increase in wealth.

What is true is that the gains have accrued faster at the top of income ladder, particularly for people with advanced education. Incomes for the poor have risen but not as much as those with higher incomes and thus inequality has risen.

If Si "grows a pair," someone better call Guinness Book or Ripley's Believe it or Not. lol

Well she certainly needs to stop acting like a concern troll.

As to further explain what a Ponzi scheme is:

"Ponzi" Schemes

I know you may not want to click the link though BGG and others, the Government might track all your information with just one simple innocent click. :rofl:

I know what a ponzi scheme is. All you did in this post, is deflect. You can't answer my post honestly, and have any valid retort to give.

Still whining?

Grow a pair.

And, if you can clam down enough to explain how it is possible that capitalism is a ponzi scheme, we'd all love to hear it.

You need to grow a pair and grow some common sense. I don't care about Michael Moore. Though I can see you equate Gay lover with being an insult, aren't you just showing yourself to be not ignorant. :rolleyes:

As to why Capitalism is partly a Ponzi Scheme it's simply: Wealth in a Ponzi Scheme is concentrated towards a few while the ones who are at the bottom are given the illusion that they can be one day those people at the top. That's Capitalism where there is no regulations as well. Wealth has continued to be more concentrated towards the top 10%, over 85% yet the lower 10% only have less than 15%. Meanwhile, those at the bottom are given the illusion that if they work hard enough, they can obtain that "American Dream." Which while that term use to mean something, it's bullshit today.

All of these incidents where the rich are robbing the poor through scams, bad deals, etc happened in part due to deregulation. Starting from Reagan and on, especially under Clinton, people felt it would be a good idea to let the foxes in charge of the hen house. Now we're seeing the effects of that stupidity today.
It's not an illusion that one can be at the top at all, first error. It happens, it just doesn't happen to all. It's the curse of theose nasty normal distributions.

So, your analysis falls on it's face, for at least two reasons: no illusion, you exclude normal distributions.

I'm sure others will find additional reasons for why your analysis is flaccid.

Last edited:

I know what a ponzi scheme is. All you did in this post, is deflect. You can't answer my post honestly, and have any valid retort to give.
Although occassionaly he can actually have substance, he seems to just spout anger most of the time. He gets upset easily. It make me laugh at how angry he gets.

Although occassionaly he can actually have substance, he seems to just spout anger most of the time. He gets upset easily. It make me laugh at how angry he gets.

Except I'm not angry. Once again, you're being a dishonest concern troll. You have shown it in various threads by making inputs that are dishonest or false.

Forum List

Back