Mike Wallace Says Iranian President an 'Impressive Fellow'

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:rolleyes:

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Veteran CBS journalist Mike Wallace described current Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as an "impressive fellow" following their meeting Tuesday in Tehran.

"You'll find him an interesting man," the 88-year-old Wallace said. "I expected more of a firebrand. I don't think he has the slightest doubt about how he feels ... about the American administration and the Zionist state. He comes across as more rational than I had expected."
Wallace said he was surprised to find that the Iranian president was still a college professor who taught a graduate-level course.

Ahmadinejad has steadfastly refused to negotiate Iran's nuclear policy with the United States and its Western allies. He also recently called for the destruction of Israel as the only solution to the current Middle East conflict.

Wallace said he nearly fell out of his chair when Ahmadinejad told him, "I hear this is your last interview."

Wallace said he replied: "What do you think? Is it a good idea to retire?"

He said the Iranian president told him it was important to keep doing interesting things.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,207664,00.html

Why do people like Mike Wallace keep working?

He's 88 fucking years old. Retire already.

Barbara Walters is in her 70's. Dan Rather is what, 74? Helen Thomas is 90, isn't she?

Why do these people do it? They can't need the money. Are they so addicted to the limelight that they can't stay out of the public eye?

I would give anything if I could retire at 55. Have a few years of freedom from the daily grind before I die. But it's never going to happen. I'll have to work until I die. Yet these multi-millionaires keep looking for work long after anybody would ever miss them.

Barbara Walters is in her 70's. Dan Rather is what, 74? Helen Thomas is 90, isn't she?

Why do these people do it? They can't need the money. Are they so addicted to the limelight that they can't stay out of the public eye?

I would give anything if I could retire at 55. Have a few years of freedom from the daily grind before I die. But it's never going to happen. I'll have to work until I die. Yet these multi-millionaires keep looking for work long after anybody would ever miss them.

Are they so addicted to the limelight that they can't stay out of the public eye?
Im going with you ego infalting option ! They just gotta have it.

My thoughts on your question...

Their damn egos are too over inflated.. They believe themselves to be IMPOTENT....:teeth:

ego.....and they love the sound of thier own voices

Forum List

Back