Mike Rowe

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
I wonder if Trump has approached Mr. Mike Rowe (the host of Dirty Jobs, the Narrator of Deadliest Catch, and host of the podcast, "Thats the way I heard it") about a slot in his administration. I think he would be a very good advocate for getting vocational education back into the schools; for lobbying school districts, teachers unions, administrators, etc to perhaps cut back on the sports and putting that money into job skills. Trump definitely has incorporated TV personalities into his administration and Rowe seems like he's really interested in the topic.

I wonder if Trump has approached Mr. Mike Rowe (the host of Dirty Jobs, the Narrator of Deadliest Catch, and host of the podcast, "Thats the way I heard it") about a slot in his administration. I think he would be a very good advocate for getting vocational education back into the schools; for lobbying school districts, teachers unions, administrators, etc to perhaps cut back on the sports and putting that money into job skills. Trump definitely has incorporated TV personalities into his administration and Rowe seems like he's really interested in the topic.

Mike Rowe is an idiot. With all the safety rules he ignores in his programs, I'm surprised that OSHA allows him to broadcast his crap. Any qualified industrial safety man would fire him before his first commercial.

Mike Rowe is an idiot. With all the safety rules he ignores in his programs, I'm surprised that OSHA allows him to broadcast his crap. Any qualified industrial safety man would fire him before his first commercial.

Its a TV show...and he seems to always be wearing PPE when I've watched.

Its a TV show...and he seems to always be wearing PPE when I've watched.

Not when I watched. I have never seen him wear a harness when working overhead.

I thought you'd ask him to do one last dirty job he hasn't tried yet, the toughest one yet-
cleaning the swamp. :)
swampcritters.jpeg

Last edited:
Teaching Trades is a smart move for our country................Yes..........it's a correct path forward.

That would require Trump to care about education and being interested in sound, responsible governance.

He couldn’t care less about either.

Agree. Mike Rowe is a straight shooter, and would be a good asset to Trump, and the country. We need more skilled individuals, and craftsmen in this country.

That would require Trump to care about education and being interested in sound, responsible governance.

He couldn’t care less about either.
Standard daily bias...........whether he's the man to get it done is a question........but yes he would push for more vocational opportunities if put in there.

Agree. Mike Rowe is a straight shooter, and would be a good asset to Trump, and the country. We need more skilled individuals, and craftsmen in this country.

Absolutely couldn’t hurt.

Mike Rowe is not my favorite guy personally but if you can contradict what his message is, you will be the first one I have seen do it effectively. What I like about him is that he doesn’t rag on the “women’s studies” scholars as if they are some sort of harbinger from the devil; he simply points out (a sad fact in my view but it is what it is) people go to college to only get job training and a “women’s studies” scholar isn’t going to find a lot of job offers. I liked it when you went to college for an education and whether it ended up being your life’s work was secondary personally. But Rowe’s message is 100% dead on correct in the 2018 context. And, probably the 2008, 1998, and 1978 context as well. Its been this way for a long time.

It would make sense that majors in college should be paired. Require a double major if one is purely academic. If you want a philosophy degree, or English, Physics, ect, you should be paired with a major that will actually provide a living. A little well rounding wouldn't hurt.

We don't need to cut back on sports in school. They serve a purpose. They give kids self confidence and teach them leadership and how to work as a team. Those concepts are far more important than reading about William Shakespeare. What schools need to do is cut out the garbage and start teaching useful skills. When I was in high school we had to have four years of English, our senior year being English literature. While I think learning about historical writings has its place, is a whole year really necessary for a bunch of 17 year olds who have little interest in the subject? That time could be better spent on learning how to manage your finances, how to manage your household, apply for a loan, how to use credit, how to interview for a job, etc. How about vocational training? My high school used to have wood shop and auto shop and electronics classes, etc. and all that was eventually cut before I got there. We have a shortage of skilled laborers in this country because our education system keeps foolishly pushing everyone to college.

We are in the 21st century still using a 1950s curriculum.

Translation - "Mike Rowe espouses some right wing views, therefore, per my programming I must hate him."

Translation - "Mike Rowe espouses some right wing views, therefore, per my programming I must hate him."

He is a political idiot, but I saw is goofy show before I knew his political views. He's an idiot.

New Topics

Forum List

Back