Mike Pompeo Approved by Senate 57-42

Seriously? You fall for fake news every day!
Oh, please. The media carried it, even wiki carried it. Unless he had spent the time to actually look up his bio elsewhere, it is what was being broadcast, but not by Pompeo.

Fail.
From his bio-

Mr. Pompeo graduated first in his class at the United States Military Academy at West Point in 1986 and served as a cavalry officer patrolling the Iron Curtain before the fall of the Berlin Wall. He also served with the 2nd Squadron, 7th Cavalry in the US Army’s Fourth Infantry Division.

I was 1st Squadron, 7th Regiment AC/AM (Garry Owen), we were all 1st Cav Division before they put Cav in an armored infantry division. I believe Hossfly was 2/5 over around Pleiku.

Like you have ever seen the inside of a barracks you fucking lying piece of shit.

Nobody that has ever served would ever make up a like the one you did about Pompeo

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

So you are saying he was fooled by fake news and just blindly accepted it?

I guess that is slightly better than being a lying piece of shit.

Feel free to link to even a single example

You are the one that made the claim you fucking moron. Damn this site is filled with the most dishonest people on the internet. They pull shit out of their ass and then say "well, prove I am wrong".

Mike Pompeo Didn't Serve in Gulf War (or Claim Otherwise)

Pompeo is a U.S. Army veteran who served from 1986 to 1991. But he wasn’t deployed to the Gulf: In an email this morning, a spokesperson for the CIA told us, “Director Pompeo was in the U.S. Army at the time of the Gulf War – serving until 1991. He was not deployed to that theater.”

Mike Pompeo

Pompeo enrolled at the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York, graduating first in his class with a degree in mechanical engineering in 1986. He followed with five years of active duty in the U.S. Army, serving as a cavalry officer in East Germany and rising to the rank of captain.

The incredible life of Mike Pompeo, Rex Tillerson's replacement as Secretary of State, a West Point valedictorian, and Trump's go-to source on North Korea

He served in the US Army, ultimately reaching the rank of captain. His service was predominantly spent "patrolling the Iron Curtain before the fall of the Berlin Wall," according to his CIA bio.

Enjoy your snipe hunt did ya, punk? now go fetch me a bucket of KFC (original recipe) and a 6 of Coors.
lol.gif

Effing troll.

You are the one that made the claim you fucking moron. Damn this site is filled with the most dishonest people on the internet. They pull shit out of their ass and then say "well, prove I am wrong".

Mike Pompeo Didn't Serve in Gulf War (or Claim Otherwise)

Pompeo is a U.S. Army veteran who served from 1986 to 1991. But he wasn’t deployed to the Gulf: In an email this morning, a spokesperson for the CIA told us, “Director Pompeo was in the U.S. Army at the time of the Gulf War – serving until 1991. He was not deployed to that theater.”

Mike Pompeo

Pompeo enrolled at the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York, graduating first in his class with a degree in mechanical engineering in 1986. He followed with five years of active duty in the U.S. Army, serving as a cavalry officer in East Germany and rising to the rank of captain.

The incredible life of Mike Pompeo, Rex Tillerson's replacement as Secretary of State, a West Point valedictorian, and Trump's go-to source on North Korea

He served in the US Army, ultimately reaching the rank of captain. His service was predominantly spent "patrolling the Iron Curtain before the fall of the Berlin Wall," according to his CIA bio.

Enjoy your snipe hunt did ya, punk? now go fetch me a bucket of KFC (original recipe) and a 6 of Coors.
lol.gif

Effing troll.

This is what he always does. He lies just about worse than anyone on the forum and then when he is proven to be a liar he pretend like he was punking you. Everyone knows this about him. His fellow Trump zealots will defend him because they have to

1. Feb 28, 2018#120

Golfing GatorGold Member
    Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,035

How many gun owners in Ga do you suppose had planned to fly to the NRA convention? That is the only discount that Delta gave, a cheaper ticket one weekend a year to one specific town.

who cares the state defunded their grant to the tune of 34 million

Yes they did, because you and all the other statist approve of the government trying to force on private company to give discounts to another private company. How long will it be before the Fed Govt copies these actions and starts trying to force one company to do something for another company. Is that the country you want to live in...wait do not answer, cleary it is.

And in the end it does not cost Delta a dime as they will just charge more for their tickets, along with every other airline that flies in and out of Atlanta.
    we will see how that works out for them

--LOL
    It will work out just fine for them you uninformed moron. The fuel tax waiver was for EVERY airline that flies in and out of Georgia, not just Delta. So it affects every airline that flies in and out of Hartsfield..which is pretty much every airline.

ATLANTA, GA – Former State Senator and candidate for Lt. Governor Rick Jeffares today called on the Georgia Legislature to reject Delta Airlines plea for a special $40 million tax break on aviation fuel.

delta is specifically named
    This is what happens when you get your information from the news instead of thinking for yourself, you become an uninformed partisan.

HB 821 2017-2018 Regular Session

Here is the actual bill, read it and see if you can find the word "Delta". And then look and see how many times "jet fuel" is mentioned. This might be a shocking thing for you, but more than just Delta uses jet fuel in Georgia.

So, basically the LtGov is willing to fuck over every airline in the country in an effort to force one private company to give financial discounts to another private company...and you are fuckging ok with that. That is what makes you a statist.

Oh, please. The media carried it, even wiki carried it. Unless he had spent the time to actually look up his bio elsewhere, it is what was being broadcast, but not by Pompeo.

Fail.
I was 1st Squadron, 7th Regiment AC/AM (Garry Owen), we were all 1st Cav Division before they put Cav in an armored infantry division. I believe Hossfly was 2/5 over around Pleiku.

Like you have ever seen the inside of a barracks you fucking lying piece of shit.

Nobody that has ever served would ever make up a like the one you did about Pompeo

Here is one for you. The actual bill stated previously any qualified airline flying iver 750,000 flights out of Georgia, which only Delta does, as it is their hub.

Said chapter is further amended in Code Section 48-8-3, relating to exemptions from state
157 sales and use taxes, by revising paragraph (33.1) as follows:
158 "(33.1)(A) The sale or use of jet fuel to or by a qualifying airline at a qualifying airport,
159 to the extent provided in subparagraphs (B) and (C) of this paragraph.
160 (B) For the period of time beginning July 1, 2012, and ending on June 30, 2015, the
161 sale or use of jet fuel to or by a qualifying airline at a qualifying airport shall be exempt
162 from 1 percent of the 4 percent state sales and use tax.
163 (C) The sale or use of jet fuel to or by a qualifying airline at a qualifying airport shall
164 be exempt at all times from the sales or use tax levied and imposed as authorized
165 pursuant to Part 1 of Article 3 of this chapter. As used in this subparagraph, the term
166 'qualifying airport' means any airport in this state that has had more than 750,000
H. B. 821 (SUB) -5-

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20172018/173003.pdf

Sometimes your arrogance gets away from you. If you hadn’t disparaged his service I would not have taken you own.

1. Feb 28, 2018#120

Golfing GatorGold Member
    Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,035

How many gun owners in Ga do you suppose had planned to fly to the NRA convention? That is the only discount that Delta gave, a cheaper ticket one weekend a year to one specific town.

Yes they did, because you and all the other statist approve of the government trying to force on private company to give discounts to another private company. How long will it be before the Fed Govt copies these actions and starts trying to force one company to do something for another company. Is that the country you want to live in...wait do not answer, cleary it is.

And in the end it does not cost Delta a dime as they will just charge more for their tickets, along with every other airline that flies in and out of Atlanta.

--LOL
    It will work out just fine for them you uninformed moron. The fuel tax waiver was for EVERY airline that flies in and out of Georgia, not just Delta. So it affects every airline that flies in and out of Hartsfield..which is pretty much every airline.

ATLANTA, GA – Former State Senator and candidate for Lt. Governor Rick Jeffares today called on the Georgia Legislature to reject Delta Airlines plea for a special $40 million tax break on aviation fuel.

This is what happens when you get your information from the news instead of thinking for yourself, you become an uninformed partisan.

Here is the actual bill, read it and see if you can find the word "Delta". And then look and see how many times "jet fuel" is mentioned. This might be a shocking thing for you, but more than just Delta uses jet fuel in Georgia.

So, basically the LtGov is willing to fuck over every airline in the country in an effort to force one private company to give financial discounts to another private company...and you are fuckging ok with that. That is what makes you a statist.

Fail.

Here is one for you. The actual bill stated previously any qualified airline flying iver 750,000 flights out of Georgia, which only Delta does, as it is their hub.

Said chapter is further amended in Code Section 48-8-3, relating to exemptions from state
158 "(33.1)(A) The sale or use of jet fuel to or by a qualifying airline at a qualifying airport,
160 (B) For the period of time beginning July 1, 2012, and ending on June 30, 2015, the
161 sale or use of jet fuel to or by a qualifying airline at a qualifying airport shall be exempt
163 (C) The sale or use of jet fuel to or by a qualifying airline at a qualifying airport shall
164 be exempt at all times from the sales or use tax levied and imposed as authorized
165 pursuant to Part 1 of Article 3 of this chapter. As used in this subparagraph, the term
166 'qualifying airport' means any airport in this state that has had more than 750,000
H. B. 821 (SUB) -5-

Sometimes your arrogance gets away from you. If you hadn’t disparaged his service I would not have taken you own.

Sad, all that effort and you are wrong again..

The 750,000 flights refers to the airport, not the airlines. I made the pertinent part bigger and bolder for you to be able to read.

And even if I was mistaken about other airlines (which I was not), it was not fake news. This event really happened.

From your link..., a 'qualifying airline' shall mean any person which is authorized by the Federal Aviation Administration or appropriate agency of the United States to operate as an air carrier under an air carrier operating certificate and which provides regularly scheduled flights for the transportation of passengers or cargo for hire

Last edited:
From his bio-

Mr. Pompeo graduated first in his class at the United States Military Academy at West Point in 1986 and served as a cavalry officer patrolling the Iron Curtain before the fall of the Berlin Wall. He also served with the 2nd Squadron, 7th Cavalry in the US Army’s Fourth Infantry Division.

Oh wow.

Small World.

I was 2/8 Cav (12/29/67-12/15/68)

We switched to air recon for the Americal Division in May 68. F Troop
"Blue Ghosts."

Here are the basic facts.

Up until a couple of years ago, Delta had a special perk in the Georgia tax code. It was exempt from paying sales tax on aviation fuel. Other airlines had to pay the tax. Delta did not. When the state reassessed how it calculates and collects transportation taxes during the recession, Delta lost its perk.

Delta has lobbied for it ever since. To sweeten the deal, Delta has wanted to apply it to other airlines as well. It would benefit Southwest, American, and United. But it was always designed as a Delta tax exemption. Georgia is the only state with a major aviation hub that does not give a tax break on jet fuel at that hub.

Last week, the Georgia House of Representatives passed tax legislation that would have restored Delta's tax break and applied it to all airlines at Two Dead Mayors International Airport. Clayton County, in which the airport resides, objected because it would be seriously impacted by the exemption, but the legislature did not care as Clayton County is a Democrat run county. The legislature justified restoring the tax exemption because it believed Delta would then expand the number of international cities it flies to from Atlanta, which would then make Atlanta even more attractive to Fortune 500 companies.

On Friday, the legislation moved to the Senate where it got held up on a procedural issue raised by State Senator Michael Williams, a candidate for governor. Then, over the weekend, Delta announced it would stop doing business with the NRA. Thereafter, the Speaker of the Georgia House and others who had already voted for the tax break came out in opposition to Delta's proposed tax break. Today, Lt. Governor Casey Cagle, also a candidate for governor, explicitly said he was killing the Delta tax exemption because of Delta's treatment of the NRA.

Contrary to some press reports, Delta is not losing a tax exemption. Delta is just not getting a tax exemption back.

The Facts: Delta Gets Smacked by Georgia for Its NRA Rejection - TheResurgent.com

1. Feb 28, 2018#120

Golfing GatorGold Member
    Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,035

--LOL

Fail.

H. B. 821 (SUB) -5-

The 750,000 flights refers to the airport, not the airlines. I made the pertinent part bigger and bolder for you to be able to read.

And even if I was mistaken about other airlines (which I was not), it was not fake news. This event really happened.

From your link..., a 'qualifying airline' shall mean any person which is authorized by the Federal Aviation Administration or appropriate agency of the United States to operate as an air carrier under an air carrier operating certificate and which provides regularly scheduled flights for the transportation of passengers or cargo for hire

Up until a couple of years ago, Delta had a special perk in the Georgia tax code. It was exempt from paying sales tax on aviation fuel. Other airlines had to pay the tax. Delta did not. When the state reassessed how it calculates and collects transportation taxes during the recession, Delta lost its perk.

Delta has lobbied for it ever since. To sweeten the deal, Delta has wanted to apply it to other airlines as well. It would benefit Southwest, American, and United. But it was always designed as a Delta tax exemption. Georgia is the only state with a major aviation hub that does not give a tax break on jet fuel at that hub.

Last week, the Georgia House of Representatives passed tax legislation that would have restored Delta's tax break and applied it to all airlines at Two Dead Mayors International Airport. Clayton County, in which the airport resides, objected because it would be seriously impacted by the exemption, but the legislature did not care as Clayton County is a Democrat run county. The legislature justified restoring the tax exemption because it believed Delta would then expand the number of international cities it flies to from Atlanta, which would then make Atlanta even more attractive to Fortune 500 companies.

On Friday, the legislation moved to the Senate where it got held up on a procedural issue raised by State Senator Michael Williams, a candidate for governor. Then, over the weekend, Delta announced it would stop doing business with the NRA. Thereafter, the Speaker of the Georgia House and others who had already voted for the tax break came out in opposition to Delta's proposed tax break. Today, Lt. Governor Casey Cagle, also a candidate for governor, explicitly said he was killing the Delta tax exemption because of Delta's treatment of the NRA.

Contrary to some press reports, Delta is not losing a tax exemption. Delta is just not getting a tax exemption back.

The Facts: Delta Gets Smacked by Georgia for Its NRA Rejection - TheResurgent.com

1. Feb 28, 2018#120

Golfing GatorGold Member
    Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,035

--LOL

H. B. 821 (SUB) -5-

Good job, you got it right that time.

And different from what you stated.

1. Feb 28, 2018#120

Golfing GatorGold Member
    Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,035

--LOL

H. B. 821 (SUB) -5-

1. Feb 28, 2018#120

Golfing GatorGold Member
    Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,035

--LOL

H. B. 821 (SUB) -5-

...and in doing so, Atlanta pretty much lost the chance to have Amazon set up shop here. Who wants to do business with a municipality that is so petty and childish?

And different from what you stated.

1. Feb 28, 2018#120

Golfing GatorGold Member
    Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,035

--LOL

H. B. 821 (SUB) -5-

Not at all

I don't care for Pompeo but I will give him a chance...I just think Pompeo will be a bull in a china shop but I will wait and see.

I did not like him as the head of the CIA as he was a proponent of the government spying on its own citizens.

We shall see what he does as SOS. Can’t be much worse than the last couple we had

Now we need an Ambassador to Germany....Schumer has blocked that, a NATO ally, for 16 months.
They approved him as well. 56 yes votes for him.

This probably should have its own thread.

That guy is very openly gay.

We could ask the question...Did the Dems do everything to block his nomination
because they wouldn't be able to attack Trump On Lesbian/Gay issues?

Kinda hard to attack him on something like that when he has named one
to be ambassador to Germany.

Gays and Hispanics and Asians do not march lock-step to the dems...
not like the uneducated Blacks do.

They won't corral the vote of those folks just by showing up and if the
GOP helps folks from those groups they will get credit from those
groups.

The Dems have lost the vast majority of whites as voters, they can't have
the other minority groups dwindle on them or they'll never win another
election.

Mike Pompeo confirmed as President Trump's next secretary of state

So much for the Pompeo nomination being halted.

Now it's time to promote his assist as head of the CIA

So I guess the Deep State took the day off? I thought they ran everything.

PS: Clinton had over 90 senators approve her nomination.

They did.

They realized Pompeo was going to get the job. Those dem Senators
would have been dead meat in the states were Trump won heavily in
2016. (They still may be)

There was no sense in seeing Pompeo get approved and the GOP
getting a filibuster proof senate in 2018.

Not with 4 SCOTUS justices all on their final days on the court.

Forum List

Back