Mike Milbury's Massive Maligning Misstep

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
It appears that Mike Milbury is coming under considerable fire for the comment he made quoted below:

"I was shocked that it was this one-sided. And I was really disappointed that these guys came with their euro-trash game. It was just. No heart, no guts, no nothing there to back it up. I mean Alex Ovechkin was an average player tonight. I know they're going to bounce back, but to be that poor and to be that intimidated physically by the Canadians, that really shocked me."

- Mike Milbury, last night after the Canada win over the Russian Olympic hockey team

More PC Group-overthink or truly offensive?

Discuss

better than the odds that i'll care, although he is a pretty good analyst.

he's no johnny pierson, but he's pretty good, call it 6-4 he stays.

• Banned
yeah, I think if you took the intersection of people who found his comment offensive, and people who knew his name before yesterday, you'd come pretty damn close to a null set. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I heard the whole clip driving home from work this morning.

LOL! I love Milbury .. the dude has no filter at all.

He's certainly no Don Cherry. :lol:

DonCherry.jpg

It appears that Mike Milbury is coming under considerable fire for the comment he made quoted below:

"I was shocked that it was this one-sided. And I was really disappointed that these guys came with their euro-trash game. It was just. No heart, no guts, no nothing there to back it up. I mean Alex Ovechkin was an average player tonight. I know they're going to bounce back, but to be that poor and to be that intimidated physically by the Canadians, that really shocked me."

- Mike Milbury, last night after the Canada win over the Russian Olympic hockey team

More PC Group-overthink or truly offensive?

Discuss

I think he was talking specifically about some of the styles of play in Euro leagues, not so much that "europe was trash". European leagues to tend to be finesse type styles while american/canadian hockey is physical and more gritty.

So fucking dumb the PC bullshit.

Forum List

Back