Mike Martz called it on Wentz and Goff.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
I remember hearing at the NFL combine two summers ago after the draft Mike Martz worked with and watched both Goff and Wentz and said that they were both NFL ready starting quarterbacks. You knew just by the first half of the season that was a no brainer with Wentz,that the Eagles had hit a home run with him. I was infuriated the Rams passed him up for Goff at the time knowing he was going to be great coming out.

Goff as it has turned out is the real deal as well. He still has to prove though he can lead them in come behind victorys.None of the Rams games they have won this year did they come from behind.

This is clearly not the case of the draft though where the number one QB in the draft Peyton Manning was a steal but the second pick Ryan Leaf was a bust. this will be the first of many matchups in the future between these two QB's.

Jared Goff and Carson Wentz are excited about first meeting on the field

They went with Goff due to his ability to mentally and physically handle the beat down of leading a bad team who might lose the first 2-3 years before being turned around, like he did in College.
LUCKY FOR US EAGLES FANS. :)

They went with Goff due to his ability to mentally and physically handle the beat down of leading a bad team who might lose the first 2-3 years before being turned around, like he did in College.
LUCKY FOR US EAGLES FANS. :)

Not so lucky right now at the moment being an Eagles fan.:biggrin:Yes the Eagles won the battle,winning this game,but they paid a HUGE price in doing so losing Wentz,was that REALLY worth winning this game paying the cost to do so?:biggrin:

The Eagles won this battle but they have not won the war yet. The next time these two face,i am sure you have your doubts now that they will win the rematch and are worried now?:biggrin:

my LOS ANGELES Rams,have a huge advantage in winning the war now.they have always been snake bitten in seattle but they blew that team away yesterday.they have overcome obstacle after obstacle. they are very good in all three phases of the game,offense,defense and special teams.

these two quarterbacks are very impressive to watch indeed. The Rams and Eagles easily have two of the top five best defenses in the league and yet BOTH quarterbacks put on a scoring machine clinic. These two teams will more than likely be facing each other multiple times over the next few years like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady did.

tony gonzalez said before the pre game show with the rams and seahawks that if the rams win this game,they could be in the superbowl. tony G looks like he is on to something.:)

Goff is nothing like he was project by LaRum fan, he is barely hanging on in Detroit.

Forum List

Back