Mike Malloy:

MikeK

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2010
Brick, New Jersey
Mike Malloy is often interesting and gratifying in his aggressively candid and well thought-out attacks on Republicans, neo-Conservatives and corporatists. But he often lapses into virtual fits of shouting, making funny noises and affecting silly voices which suggests that he might suffer from Tourette Syndrome.

Occasional outbursts are tolerable but there are times when he really goes off and keeps it up for long segments of his program, which is so annoying that I just tune away. On Sunday I recommended Malloy to a friend whose politics I'm trying to influence. This friend called me tonight and said he tuned Malloy in and found him to be a "howling fool." He said he's never heard Hannity or Limbaugh carry on like that -- and he's right.

I'm curious to know from others here who listen to Malloy what their thoughts are on his yelling like a lunatic, affecting silly voices and sometimes coming on like he's reading to a kindergarten class. Do you find it as annoying as I do? And do you think it detracts from the general quality of his program?

I listened to Malloy once back in 2003-04 (I can't remember exactly when) on a station in California and he had asked Conservatives to call in to defend their viewpoints. I looked at his website and he seemed like your typical Liberal Loon. I wrote an e-mail to him refuting the talking points on his site but never called in. I don't recall him having a "Tourette" like speaking style.

He's on Sirius/XM but have yet to listen to him.

His arguments are sound, his delivery is hard and humorous. Hence the sounds he makes. He's offensive. And I guess he's supposed to be. I find him to be spot on, outside the offensiveness of course.

I find Mike to be HIGHLY entertaining.

He's very intolerant of the Ditto Heads and Far Right Wingers in general.

He bashes them without abandon.

I really like the guy.

Never really listened to much talk radio at all, never even heard of Mike Malloy.

But the one time I turned on Mark Levin, I got such a headache from his high-pitched screeching that I nearly drove off the road.

sound effects are just what makes for good radio.

a major part of Limbaugh's success is the guy who does his music.

You don't like weird noises, you aren't the kind of person who would enjoy the experience of talk radio.

You don't like weird noises, you aren't the kind of person who would enjoy the experience of talk radio.

I'm certainly not the kind of person who would enjoy talk radio. I know that much already.

But I wasn't referring to "sound effects", I was referring to the sound of Levin's voice.

I find Mike to be HIGHLY entertaining.

He's very intolerant of the Ditto Heads and Far Right Wingers in general.

He bashes them without abandon.

I really like the guy.

And if he were using the same schtick to bash the left you would hate him, call him a liar, and say he needed psychiatric care.

Go figure, you like the guy who shares your point of view...

Malloy is excellent. He minces no words; hence, he packs a wallop in all of his shows. Gets right to the fucking point.

And he hates the greedy bastards as much as I do. :)

Mark Levin is a turd...I mean literally. Lush Rimbaugh took a MASSIVE dump some years back and all of sudden after much forcing and a huge KERPLUNK some stinky little thing calling itself "Mark Levin" came hopping out.

I don't judge men on their looks, but because these SOBs are the first to call names and bash women for their looks when they don't like them RepubliCON$ Radio Guys are some of the FUGLIEST mofos on the planet, Mark Levin is short and turdly, has a lazy eye, the other one has a lazy eye as well, can't remember his name, Mike Megvedev or some M name but he's not so bad, Neil Boortz looks like one of George Lucas' Star Wars villians, Mike Gallagher...OK, he's half-normal, Lush Rimbaugh is a fat slovenly slob, looks like a big fat roasted ham with a snout and everything bouncing around going "Oink, oink, oink!" Hannity...has beady eyes. I hate beady eyed people....you can't trust 'em. O'Really...well, he's half normal looking, xept he looks like a big dumb BIFF. The lot of them are truly made just only for radio. Almost ALL of them have stinky whiney and/or squeeky voices...non of them sound like men. What a lot.

Malloy on the other hand, looks like a skinny, disheveled version of Sean Connery.

LOL!!!

Anyway, Mike Malloy's show is on at this time, one of his subs is on if you'd like to listen to it, Brad Freidman (sp), not Mike's style in the least, but at least you can quarter prepare for him come next: Green 960- Your progressive community That's where I listen to it. I listen to liberal radio mostly from the net.

Last edited:

I'm certainly not the kind of person who would enjoy talk radio. I know that much already.

But I wasn't referring to "sound effects", I was referring to the sound of Levin's voice.
And I agree with you. Levin has a monotonously shrill voice. It distracts from what he's saying.

I enjoy talk radio only when the topic is interesting to me. And when the topic is interesting weird noises are distracting and annoying.

Malloy is a progressive Liberal and I particularly appreciate his astute and candid analysis of political issues and his aggressive criticism of neo-Conservative positions. There are times when he comes across as absolutely brilliant and sophisticated. But there are times when he appears to be discharging compulsive Tourette episodes via angry shouting and affecting of childishly silly voices. This is so annoying (to me) that I often turn him off.

So I'm wondering if I'm the only one who is bothered by Malloy's paradoxical style.

Forum List

Back