Mike Huckabee's "cure" for diabetes. SUGARY CINNAMON Rolls. Ahh, GOP "science". Gotta love it!

Scientific analysis that cinnamon lowers blood sugar.

Cinnamon intake lowers fasting blood gl... - PubMed Mobile - NCBI
I question any article that comes from a publication such as:

Journal of Medicinal Food

Why? Because they are creating a market. So their reporting is biased. In the abstract, they said they CHOSE from random articles and that's what they based their conclusion on.

It's like asking oil companies to conduct a study on climate change and finding there is no cause and effect.

You should know this. Don't just call something simply written down "scientific study". Think about where it comes from and what their motivation might be.

Consider this a "learning moment".
Hit_The_Nail_On_The_Head.gif

Good to remember the next time a doctor tries to prescribe pills with tons of serious side effects. Big pharma spends billions of dollars on treating symptoms and makes billions more to push them and makes even billions more.
So you are saying you don't trust your doctor? Better not to go?
Good idea. Follow that prescription. Tell me how well it worked for you.

I don't take prescription medication, I had high blood pressure and changed my diet.

I have a father that by changing his diet and getting vitamins, we got him off of six prescriptions.

I found a doctor that will work with us to find solutions to the health issues instead of masking the symptoms.

Lot better to question and challenge your doctor that to take his opinion, but I guess you sheep bend over for your doctor.

as a diabetic who has tried cinnamon it did nothing for me...and yes i got the right kind etc

ya do realize there is NO CURE only management of this disease and no two diabetics are alike or there would be a diabetic diet ...ever wonder why no one advertises diabetic dinners in eateries...cause what one of us can eat with no problem will cause another to crash....we are unique in our shared disease

Of course. That is why it is legitimate for him to say that losing weight, eating a proper diet, and using cinnamon cured his disease. It may not cure someone else's, and I don't see him saying that it will.
Then why is he pushing it?
Because it worked for him and works for many people. Why do you think that's somehow stupid?

as a diabetic who has tried cinnamon it did nothing for me...and yes i got the right kind etc

ya do realize there is NO CURE only management of this disease and no two diabetics are alike or there would be a diabetic diet ...ever wonder why no one advertises diabetic dinners in eateries...cause what one of us can eat with no problem will cause another to crash....we are unique in our shared disease

Of course. That is why it is legitimate for him to say that losing weight, eating a proper diet, and using cinnamon cured his disease. It may not cure someone else's, and I don't see him saying that it will.
Then why is he pushing it?
Because he got paid to duh.
By whom?

Forum List

Back