Mike Huckabee is the next president of the U.S.

Huckabee won't make the full run. Maybe, McCain will do some push polling in New Hampshire and spread evil rumors about him really being of Muslim decent, that he has a black daughter and his wife is on drugs.

We don't need another person who thinks or wants to make people think that God has selected him for this job.

The next prez will be a Democrat. I will take either Obama or Edwards.

But let's wait and see if Clinton's positive fence building past will help his wife in New Hampshire.

I certainly pray you are wrong. Obama and Edwards are absolute jokes. Just what we need ... 4 more years of Jimmy Carter ....

George Will this morning said that the Republican Party has a problem in that by constantly playing to the South, it is losing the rest of the country.

And it will lose the next election too.

I'll take $10 on the field. The Huckster won't be the next President. A nice guy but the country is tired of evangelicals who think God is telling them who to invade next.

Just because a monkey picks up a bible on sunday does not make him evangelical.

I certainly pray you are wrong. Obama and Edwards are absolute jokes. Just what we need ... 4 more years of Jimmy Carter ....
You need an electron microscope to measure Obama's qualifications to be President. And Edwards? If that one-term, war-voting chameleon wins the nomination, he will scramble to the right so fast and far that by November he will look more like Huey Long than Jimmy Carter.

I don't bet. But come on, I'm interested in hearing why you think this country is going to let the evangelicals run the country, because you seem to have left that very large negative out of your assessment.

It says it all in post #1

You mean the "aura of [G-d]" stuff? You know that for most of the country, that's as big a negative as you can get.... again, they're not running for pope.
I am an independent conservative and I will under no circumstances vote for Huckabee. If it came down to Clinton v Huckabee, I would write someone in. It would be political suicide for the Republicans to nominate Huckabee. I saw him in the 2nd Republican debate deny the reality of biochemical evolution on Earth, and tap dance while not answering the direct question if he thought Earth was 6000 years old. We should elect Huckabee if we want a person in the White House with the scientific sophistication of a preacher from the early 19th Century.

You mean the "aura of [G-d]" stuff? You know that for most of the country, that's as big a negative as you can get.... again, they're not running for pope.

And you know as well as I do, if God wants something to be, it will be no matter what! Look at the guy, its all over him. He truely holds himself accountable to a higher authority. That is obvious. Don't underestimate the number of Christians and evangelicans. The higher authority debate can go on and on until the cows come home. It really doesn't matter here. He believes it and the people can see that. People are tired of leadership authority paying lip service to God. People can see that he is genuine and won't be swayed by public opinion or special interest groups or the fat, fat money mongers. I think he is true to his faith and true to God, and that is what is going to make him the next president. I know I stuck my head out on the preverbial chopping block here, but oh well. When he is sworn in I can say I told you so. And if not, well, I probably will just go find a new message board with my tail tucked between my legs. Sometimes you just have to lay it all on the line. Say what you will, doesn't matter. Atleast I had the Eballs to lay it on the line!

I am an independent conservative and I will under no circumstances vote for Huckabee. If it came down to Clinton v Huckabee, I would write someone in. It would be political suicide for the Republicans to nominate Huckabee. I saw him in the 2nd Republican debate deny the reality of biochemical evolution on Earth, and tap dance while not answering the direct question if he thought Earth was 6000 years old. We should elect Huckabee if we want a person in the White House with the scientific sophistication of a preacher from the early 19th Century.

I'm not real sure I care whether or not he is a science major. Wasn't Carter? What a "gem" he was.:badgrin:

I don't like his tax plan.

The evolution stuff is a deal-breaker for me, too. I was actually thinking about that last night while I was watching Anthony Bourdain's show. He was in Vietnam and a folk dance was performed for the guests. He asked if it was 16th century and was told it was more like 12th or 13th century. What went through my mind was: how can anyone think the world is only 5,000 years old when cultures that old exist all around us?

I hear ya... and I'm with ya....except that I'm comfortable voting for whomever the democratic candidate will be.

Hate to blow it for you, buddy, but there will be no gambling on this board. You'll have to do that in private.

Besides, I'm still waiting for the "miracle" candidate to show up that I can actually stomach voting for.:lol:

Hey Gunnyl, its not real gambling. I figured that when I win I can just have everyone that lost donate $10.00 to Christians Children fund or Childrens Cancer Society. If I lose, I will do the same. That makes it a win win situation. I guess tech. it is gambling, but if it goes to help the children...Hey. Just think of it as the lottery.

When christians are refering to creation taking place 4006 years ago, They are refering to the creation of man. Not the planet. Also, if you look in Genesis. God made man long before he made Adam & Eve. That crreation and the Garden are what are refered to in the 4006 anology. Good God, everyone knows there were dinasaurs and Pithio panthious erectus (however you spell it) which walked the earth over 1 million years ago.

I'm not real sure I care whether or not he is a science major. Wasn't Carter? What a "gem" he was.:badgrin:

I don't like his tax plan.
The President should be well aware of general scientific thought, and the various directions of scientic research. Such affects, among other things, our national security and the viability of our armed forces. Since the President constructs and signs budgets for billions worth of science research and university funding, he better know quite a lot about science. Buy you are also right, I do not like Huckabee's tax plan either.

And you know as well as I do, if God wants something to be, it will be no matter what! Look at the guy, its all over him. He truely holds himself accountable to a higher authority. That is obvious. Don't underestimate the number of Christians and evangelicans. The higher authority debate can go on and on until the cows come home. It really doesn't matter here. He believes it and the people can see that. People are tired of leadership authority paying lip service to God. People can see that he is genuine and won't be swayed by public opinion or special interest groups or the fat, fat money mongers. I think he is true to his faith and true to God, and that is what is going to make him the next president. I know I stuck my head out on the preverbial chopping block here, but oh well. When he is sworn in I can say I told you so. And if not, well, I probably will just go find a new message board with my tail tucked between my legs. Sometimes you just have to lay it all on the line. Say what you will, doesn't matter. Atleast I had the Eballs to lay it on the line!

I don't want my leaders to pay any lipservice to G-d. I hate false religion and I hate false patriotism. Does Huckabee have genuine religious belief? I'm sure he does. I also know he's a political animal and isn't any better than any other politician. I thought it disgusting that he raised Mitt's religion as an issue. So frankly, I don't think much of him.

Christians are not teh same as evangelicals. And most Christians don't believe in creationism or fundamentalism or that the earth is 6,000 years old.

The next president will be as far from an evangelical as humanly possible, because most of us want them to stay out of government. I wish them well, hope they find peace, but certainly don't want them making decisions for me based on the fact that they think they're gonna get raptured up.

I don't want my leaders to pay any lipservice to G-d. I hate false religion and I hate false patriotism. Does Huckabee have genuine religious belief? I'm sure he does. I also know he's a political animal and isn't any better than any other politician. I thought it disgusting that he raised Mitt's religion as an issue. So frankly, I don't think much of him.

Christians are not teh same as evangelicals. And most Christians don't believe in creationism or fundamentalism or that the earth is 6,000 years old.

The next president will be as far from an evangelical as humanly possible, because most of us want them to stay out of government. I wish them well, hope they find peace, but certainly don't want them making decisions for me based on the fact that they think they're gonna get raptured up.

WOW...TWISTED! I guess its time i quit pussy footing around on this board and make an enemy or two. Amen.

Forum List

Back