Mike Huckabee: Another Hater Who Wants To Be POTUS

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
After winning Iowa's precinct caucuses in the last election cycle, Huckabee quickly faded and he's now working as a television and radio commentator. But he makes it clear he's thinking of another run for the GOP presidential nomination.

"Am I keeping the option open? Yes," Huckabee said. "Am I open to considering it? Of course I am, I would be foolish not to in light of what I've been through."
He noted that he's in a much different place than four years ago, when he said he was "an asterisk in the polls."
"This time in most of the national polls I'm either at the top or near the top and that certainly is a different position to be in," he said.
Huckabee said he wasn't sure about a timetable for reaching a decision, but it's likely that potential Republican candidates will begin making their intentions clear early next year. "Ask me in six months and I'll have a clearer answer," he said.

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee said Sunday that Iowa voters likely launched a national movement when ousting three state Supreme Court justices who agreed with a decision to strike a ban on gay marriage.
Huckabee was in Des Moines courting evangelical conservatives who pushed him to victory in Iowa's leadoff precinct caucuses in the last election.

"The significance and historic nature of the judicial elections here in Iowa were far bigger than the borders of Iowa," he said. "It was a very important statement that voters made, a statement that resonated across the country and one that I think will give legs to a larger movement over the next few years."

Mike Huckabee lauds ousting of Iowa justices over gay marriage, courts evangelicals | cleveland.com

Ugh.

Your thoughts, folks?

• Banned
I want a hater who can win!

Then what you want is to live elsewhere. May I recommend North Korea?

2948638784_c89ddfdb0d.jpg

I don't think Mady has ever heard Huck! He is anything but a hater. He is extremely level headed and calm. He is also a fair tax man. I would vote for him!

Mike Huckabee may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he is hardly a hater.

He is a person with deep religious convictions, and seems to be a genuinely decent guy. I am not inclined to vote for him, btw.

Why does his stance against gay marriage make him a hater?

Can't a person disagree will gay marriage and not be labeled a hater?

I wouldn't say that everyone who opposes gay marriage is a "hater" and I don't know Huckabee well enough to say one way or the other.

But there are only two reasons I can think of why someone would oppose gay marriage. Ignorance and fear. And either of those can lead to hate.

Why does his stance against gay marriage make him a hater?

Can't a person disagree will gay marriage and not be labeled a hater?

I wouldn't say that everyone who opposes gay marriage is a "hater" and I don't know Huckabee well enough to say one way or the other.

But there are only two reasons I can think of why someone would oppose gay marriage. Ignorance and fear. And either of those can lead to hate.
Well, we know Huckabee is ignorant. Among other things, he doesn't believe in evolution.

Forum List

Back