Mike Golic, MDS Pass Albert Haynesworth’s Conditioning Test

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Video: Mike Golic Does Conditioning Test Like Albert Haynesworth | Larry Brown Sports

Our friend Michael David Smith of Pro Football Talk and Fanhouse aced the test, running the first 300 yards in 69 seconds and the second in 68. The second personality was Mike Golic of ESPN’s Mike and Mike in the Morning. Golic did not touch the line each time he ran 25 yards like was supposed to and he still struggled. Golic was huffing and puffing and I don’t think he passed even though the video says otherwise. Here’s the Mike Golic conditioning test video from ESPN for you to decide:

The one difference between Golic taking the test and everyone else is that Mike is about the only one who is somewhat comparable to Haynesworth. Albert rolls at 6’5″ and like 330lbs. Golid is a former defensive lineman. It’s quite different to run 600 yards at 150-200 pounds and to do it when you weigh 300-plus. That might make Mike’s performance more impressive than the others, but I still give MDS credit for passing both parts.

Haynesworth should probably be ashamed, especially with the money he's being paid.

Mike Golic is 150-200 lbs? I don't think so. He's a 47 year old fat, out of shape former player and he still completed the conditioning test. Makes Haynesworth look pretty bad but Alberts' lingering injury was glossed over too.

I watched that on ESPN yesterday and it just reinforces my opinion that ESPN is just a Major League sports lapdog. In this case, they shill for the NFL against the players. Washington wants to unload Haynesworth so ESPN runs a hit piece on him.

Whatever the owners and commissioners say, ESPN dutifully reports it seems.

My 2 cents.

Forum List

Back