Miguel Tejeda charged with lying to Congress

Andrew2382

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2008
Another one bits the dust

FOXNews.com - Baseball Player Miguel Tejada Charged With Lying to Congress About Steroids - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

WASHINGTON — DEVELOPING STORY: All-Star shortstop Miguel Tejada has been charged with lying to Congress about steroids. Tejada is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday where he is expected to plead guilty.

The charges against Tejada, who currently plays for the Houston Astros, were outlined in documents filed in Washington federal court on Tuesday.

The documents indicate that a plea agreement has been reached with Tejada.

Messages left for his attorney, Mark Tuohey, were not immediately returned.

The documents were filed a day after superstar Alex Rodriguez admitted to past use of performance enhancing drugs.

I'm still wondering what business it is of the US Congress anyway.

Yeah, we should probably put the economy on the back burner and focus on trying to put some ball players in prison.

I wonder why there is no assumption that "player #1" lied, but there is an assumption that Tejada lied.

Congress just accused someone else of lying? I guess they'd know a liar when they see one.

Good to see that Congress is on top of the important issues of the day :lol:

From a baseball perspective, I'm somewhat glad they are doing this because they're cleaning up the sport which wouldn't have happened with just the MLBPA and Selig.

From a normal person/US citizen perspective, I hate how they are wasting their time on garbage like this. There are many more important things that they need to be focusing on right now.

The second one wins out every time.

Forum List

Back